TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheex Incarnate

Rebook a SummerSlam

The WrestleMania version of this thread was a fun read and I think SummerSlam is even more ripe for rebooking. I'll start things off with a reworked 1995.

The undercard is pretty much keepable, nothing offensive about Horrowitz/Skip, HHH/Holly or Kid/Hakushi, and even the Women's match can stay but the ME scene is terrible. What I say you do is this:

Mabel vs. Bret Hart

Put Mabel in Yankem's place. Have Lawler claim he wanted the help of a fellow royal to take Hart out. It eliminated the retarded dentist gimmick and takes Big Daddy V out of the main event. Bret wins.

Sid vs. Shawn Michaels

I believe originally this was the plan, but was changed to Ramon/HBK II to try and salvage a buyrate. These two put on good matches with eachother on occasion and I think that this pairing would've been a great IC match. HBK wins

Razor Ramon vs. Diesel

Story writes itself. Long-time fued gets a big summertime blowoff. Just one year before Ramon wins IC title from BDC at Summerslam, now can he do it again for the big one?

Diesel wins.

any takers?

-cheex

I thought it was just a really average show. For my booking, I would've held off JBL's title win. Let's say Eddie and JBL have their brawl at Judgment Day that ends in a DQ, and they're both involved in some sort of gimmick tag match at GAB to keep the feud going. From that match, JBL gets a minor injury (storyline terms) and is on the sidelines while still being present on TV. Meanwhile, Taker, after finishing his rediculous story with Heyman & Bearer, decides to go after the belt.

It always seemed weird to me that the Cena-Angle feud was basically dropped and they just inserted Booker. The way it was building, it seemed like Angle should have ended up sneak attacking Cena after a successful US Title defense and telling him that he would have to be the one to take the belt away, himself. This was during the period when GM Angle was throwing everything at Cena to get the belt away.

For HHH-Benoit, I wouldn't have had their match at Vengeance and just inserted Orton as a throwaway challenger instead (no IC Title on the line). Save the bigger match for the bigger show.

WWE Title: Eddie Guerrero vs. Undertaker

World Title: Chris Benoit vs. Triple H

IC Title: 2/3 Falls: Randy Orton vs. Shelton Benjamin

Edge vs. Chris Jericho

US Title: John Cena vs. Kurt Angle

Cruiserweight Title: Spike Dudley vs. Rey Mysterio

Six-Man Tag: RVD, Kidman, & London vs. Booker T & Dudleys

Eugene & William Regal vs. Batista & Ric Flair

After I made that, I remembered that Shelton was left off the card due to injury, which totally slipped my mind. I'd have preferred the above card, but a few changes would have to be made. Edge would be IC Champ (still having beat Orton at Vengeance) and would just defend against Jericho in a singles match. Orton would be challenging Benoit for the title, except I wouldn't have Orton win, because his reign flat out sucked. HHH would be facing Regal in a Street Fight, having lost to Benoit at Vengeance. Regal not getting pushed around this period always seemed like such a huge mistake to me. So...

World Title: Benoit vs. Orton

WWE Title: Eddie vs. Undertaker

Street Fight: HHH vs. Regal

IC Title: Edge vs. Jericho

US Title: Cena vs. Angle

Six-Man Tag: RVD, Kidman, & London vs. Booker T & Dudleys

Cruiserweight Title: Mysterio vs. Spike

I like my first card better, but I would have been satisfied with the second one.

Matt Hardy vs Edge

Tournament semi finals for # 1 contendership: Christian vs Chris Benoit

Tournament Semi Finals for # 1 Contendership: Booker T vs JBL

Intercontinental Championship: Carlito © vs Shelto Benjamin

Eddie Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio (Ladder Match)

Kurt Angle vs Shawn Michaels III

Tournament Finals: Christian/Benoit vs Booker/JBL

WWE Championship: Chris Jericho vs John Cena

World Heavyweight Championship: Batista vs Randy Orton vs Undertaker

2003:

First off, instead of hitting the oh-so-obvious panic button and booking a giant cclusterfuck elimination chamber match yo hide HHH's groin injury, i'd just have Hunter announce that he was injured and there for couldn't compete against goldberg. HHH is still champ and it prolongs the feud a few weeks without deflating goldy.

with that in mind, my card would look like:

Hair vs. hair

Chris Jericho def. Kevin Nash

Matt Hardy def. Tajiri

Randy Orton def. Shawn Michaels

Undertaker def. A-Train

La Resistance def. Dudley Boyz when Conway interferes

Rob Van Dam def. Christian for the IC title

Goldberg DDQ Kane

just throw these two together and use both of their momentum at this time to try and get everybody over. Make it a big schmozz brawl of an ending that could logically lead to the Kane-HHH-Goldberg three-way a few months later.

eddie Guerrero def. Rhyno and Chris Benoit for US Title

Shane McMahon def. Eric Bischoff

Kurt Angle def. Brock Lesnar

-cheex

John Cena vs. Chris Jericho: WWE Championship

Was a solid main event fued.

Undertaker vs. Randy Orton vs. Batista©: World Heavyweight Championship

Pointless brawl with JBL didn't mean much. Batista pins Randy and you can extend Taker/Orton afterward.

Hulk Hogan vs. Shawn Michaels

What the card was sold on more or less.

Booker T vs. Christian vs. Chris Benoit © vs. JBL

Smackdown mid-card match that works much better without Orlando Jordan weighing it down.

Edge vs. Matt Hardy

A tease of what's to come.

Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio: Dog Collar Match

No need to waste a ladder match and make the fued even more over the top. Have Rey bait Eddie into the prospect of finally beating him in a brutal encounter. Eddie could make it work.

Kurt Angle vs. Shelton Benjamin: Intercontinental Title

Experienced teacher vs. energetic young student. Give them fifteen minutes and it's gold.

For Summerslam 2003, I'd have Lesnar beat Angle for the SD title, Goldberg wins the EC for the Raw title and then keep them strong to build to a Champion vs. Champion match at Wrestlemania XX.

Even if it means missing out on the Benoit/Eddie moment at XX?

For Summerslam 2003, I'd have Lesnar beat Angle for the SD title, Goldberg wins the EC for the Raw title and then keep them strong to build to a Champion vs. Champion match at Wrestlemania XX.

Even if it means missing out on the Benoit/Eddie moment at XX?

I remember the APA had a shirt that said "Always pounding ass". Who in their right mind would wear that in public?

He is right...Eddie and Benoit moment is unforgettable and will bring a tear in most peoples eyes.. besides... Champ vs Champ is Overkill!

SummerSlam '99:

World Heavyweight Championship:

Fatal Four Way:

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Triple H vs. Mankind vs. The Rock w/ Jesse Ventura as Guest Referee

- Mankind will still win of course, but the match would have added mystique of The Rock to make the match have a bigger "big match" feel.

Test vs. Shane McMahon

- This match needs to stay untouched.

Tag Team Championship:

Kane & X-Pac vs. Undertaker & Big Show

- The Unholy Alliance needs to win the titles to set up the Rock'n'Sock Connection feud down the line. This time, though, X-Pac would play face-in-peril instead of Kane.

Hardcore Championship:

Big Bossman vs. Al Snow vs. Road Dogg

- The match featuring the three key players in the division at the time. Al Snow will still win and it will still end up in the bar.

Intercontinental and European Championship:

Double Jeopardy Match:

D'Lo Brown & Mark Henry vs King Ass & Jeff Jarrett

- My own "Russo-esque" creation. This would play like a Texas Tornado match, but with with Jarrett gunning for the European title and Mr Ass gunning for the IC title. D'Lo would pin Jarrett but then Henry would do his turn to cost him the IC belt to Billy Gunn.

Lion's Den Submission Match

Ken Shamrock vs. Steve Blackman

- Might as well give this match a reason to exist instead of having Jim Ross call the match while clearing having no clue to what the rules are.

Four Way Tag Match

Edge & Christian vs. The New Brood vs. Mideon & Viscera vs. Droz & Prince Albert

- I'd give the win to Droz & Albert because I'm weird like that, but most of the match would be carried by E&C vs the Hardyz and with Mideon & Viscera's involvement minimal.

Hardcore & Crash Holly vs. The Acolytes

- Just a simple comedy match to cool down the crowd between big matches. Just have Crash think he can take on the Acolytes by himself and have Hardcore just get frustrated by Crash's incompetence.

Chris Jericho vs. The Godfather

- For no other reason than to get Jericho on the card and have him get a win over a popular and expendable face.

I'd add a women's match but I'm afraid that no program would have enough heat to warrent a match on the card. Also, the show pretty much ended up the same with minor tweaks added and King Ass taken out of a high-level match. Its hard to change a show that worked as well as SS99 did.