TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

oAo Monday Night Raw Thread -- 8/6/2007

This isn't going to help the WWE when they have to appear before Congress.

They must really think they have nothing to hide, or they don't care.

Should we expect a new jobber named Kahn Gress, so Vince can get his jollies having him beat up?

Probably. And likely see Vince slobbering over Divas and singing.

To quote Tony Schiavone, "William Regal as general manager? Yeah, that'll put butts in the seats."

I suppose Vince McMahon just doesn't care about the state of his television show.

Regal is pretty solid in that role to be honest, he was very entertaining at it some years ago.

I don't doubt his ability to play the role, I just don't see how this move will appeal to most fans. The reaction The Sandman received when he apparently won showed that the crowd wanted him to be general manager, the lack of any reaction to William Regal after he won showed that the fans are tired of a bad guy authority figure.

Seems like Vince McMahon would rather re-hash old angles with different talent than to take the time to come up with original angles for them.

To quote Tony Schiavone, "William Regal as general manager? Yeah, that'll put butts in the seats."

I suppose Vince McMahon just doesn't care about the state of his television show.

Regal is pretty solid in that role to be honest, he was very entertaining at it some years ago.

I don't doubt his ability to play the role, I just don't see how this move will appeal to most fans. The reaction The Sandman received when he apparently won showed that the crowd wanted him to be general manager, the lack of any reaction to William Regal after he won showed that the fans are tired of a bad guy authority figure.

Seems like Vince McMahon would rather re-hash old angles with different talent than to take the time to come up with original angles for them.

Ditto. Regal was good as a GM or whatever he was...

But this'll be, what, the 3rd, 4th time he was in a similar role?

Haha, I saw a commercial for Rob Zombie's Halloween during Rawand they said the film was rated PG but they showed an R rating on the screen. Pretty funny stuff.

Vince is really pushing this....

I don't think many are surprised he would actually make light of the situation.

I think it's sort of amusing hell some of the stuff he said is true.

Desperate times call for desperate actions.

Which begs the question...How long before they pull Hogan out of the mothballs to collect his check and give someone "the rub".

Snitsky played college football? Why didn't JR mention this earlier?

They're trying to justify his roided figure.

Vince McMahon should just bill every wrestler as a former baseball player, say they were roided-up before he ever got his hands on them.

Yanno, now that I think about it I think this Sandman on RAW thing may have some legs to it. If for no other reason than Sandman is something totally different from everyone else on the roster. The crowd was way into him tonight. Am I the only one who thought this? That with the right push Sandman might become a big star on RAW?

They're idea after bad ratings is.....more comedy, more skits and less wrestling or wrestling angles.

Because Jillian's beaten Mickie, she's inherited the latter's lesbian stalker tendencies.

That's not how lesbian stalker tendencies work!