TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

ECW on 8/7

So is it too early, or well justified that if Punk loses again, he's a choker in the mold of Lex Luger back in the WWF days?

Who needs to bring Luger into this? Look at Batista? He has been in the Smackdown Main Event of EVERY PPV this year and hasn't won a big match since beating Kennedy, who was having his first and only PPV Main Event match, at the Rumble.

No Way Out: Lost with Undertaker to Cena & Shawn

Wrestlemania: Lost title to Undertaker

Backlash: Draw with Undertaker

Judgment Day: Loses to Edge

One Night Stand: Loses to Edge

Vengeance: Loses to Edge

Bash: Loses to Khali and Kane

Granted he has been protected in some of this, but I think Batista is looking goofier than Luger at this point. Anyone wants to say something about Punk, he's lost 2 so far to Batista's 7-8 (if you count the big Smackdown cage match that led to Edge's win).

Punk and Morrison are now tied 2-2 head to head. So I would assume the SS match will be the rubber match and subsequent blowoff, and I fully expect Punk to win.

I dont see the huge issue with the finish in that 15 Min of Fame match last night. Punk needed some extra OOMPH in the program anyway after losing clean twice to Morrison. Punk has now shown he can actually beat the guy versus just hang with him for 15 minutes.

For all we know, maybe Punk was supposed to hit his finisher with 5 seconds left, not 10 seconds left, and not get the pin in time? Just sayin....

Considering the people he has to work with I would not call him a choker. Its more of a case of really bad luck and people taking advantage of him. I don't remember 2 or more people openly mocking Lugar every week on WWE tv in the 90's as they do Punk.

ECW is the best show going right now. It is simple old school booking that is effective and entertaining. CM Punk wants to be the champ so he is feuding with John Morrison. Stevie Richards upset Thorn twice so Thorn gets mad and jumps Stevie backstage. Boogeyman and Striker feud and Boogey gets the better of him. Striker brings in reinforcements and gets the better of Boogeyman. Boogeyman leaves for a few weeks and then makes his return a few weeks later with a new look. A + B = C

ECW is the best show going right now. It is simple old school booking that is effective and entertaining. CM Punk wants to be the champ so he is feuding with John Morrison. Stevie Richards upset Thorn twice so Thorn gets mad and jumps Stevie backstage. Boogeyman and Striker feud and Boogey gets the better of him. Striker brings in reinforcements and gets the better of Boogeyman. Boogeyman leaves for a few weeks and then makes his return a few weeks later with a new look. A + B = C

Agree 100%. And don't forget: Kelly Kelly likes Balls! Balls! Balls!

It looked like everything was planned out to perfection with nearly everything making sense but when it comes to execution well it just goes to show that some people just can't live up to the standards. Miz can't do a bodyslam and Johnny Bravo has bad timing.

Considering the people he has to work with I would not call him a choker. Its more of a case of really bad luck and people taking advantage of him. I don't remember 2 or more people openly mocking Lugar every week on WWE tv in the 90's as they do Punk.

When did anyone ever mock Punk every week? John Morrison doesn't count because it's his job, he's the heel.

The Miz claims to be a Chick Magnet, Viscera is the Cookie Monster, Stevie Richards is Chase Manhattan, etc etc etc. And of course the dating show on Raw which was brought to you by the letters A and M and the number 3.4.

ECW really does make great use of its one-hour timeslot. It manages to easily be better than Raw. Punk/Morrison was good. Even the BigV/Boogey feud is more interesting than the Mcmahon crap on Raw.