TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mike wanna be

Who wants to read some dump files?

http://oldskool.s5.com/debuglog1.txt

Every time I install SP2, it goes fine for about 10 minutes and then crashes with this error.

After that initial crash, it crashes within 3 minutes (the time limit, not the tag team). It even crashes in safe mode, and it's taken me several tries to get it to remove itself.

It's total bullshit, because I had this problem on my old computer, couldn't fix it, and set out to upgrade the entire machine part by part until it was gone....I'm out of parts to update and it's still here. From the motherboard/processor to the RAM to the video card to the hard drives to the ethernet adapter to the CD/DVD drive, there's nothing on this machine that's the same as the original, and I STILL can't fix this problem.

Have you done a complete format and reinstall? Burn a cd with a firewall on it (if you don't have a router) first, then format, install windows and just do the updates/SP2.

Tried that...same result. It just blank-screens out, gives me a minidump, and blames explorer for targeting memory that apparently doesn't exist. It was at the same hex address on the "old" computer, which is the strange part.

I'm using the same install disc, but I've formatted & reinstalled on two different hard drives (a 120GB Maxtor and now a 250GB Western Digital) and can't shake the problem.

Is it possible that there's a windows update for SP2 that I need, yet find myself unable to get due to the constant crashes post-SP2 installation? (SP2 has to be installed by itself, and it crashes too fast for me to be able to download any updates...and safe mode has the internet disabled so I can't download them that way as far as I know)

I believe you have bad ram or a bad slot.

Run MemTest: http://www.memtest86.com/

If you have 2 or more ram sticks, run the test separately with each stick.

Run the test for about 10 minutes. If it does not find anything, the screen will be blank. If you have bad ram, it will spit out garbage.