TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Twisted Intestine

This is why I don't like Religion

So I'm hanging out in the teacher workroom today, making copies of information on the English Civil War, when the nice school secretary wanders in. We began chatting about food, eating healthily, and about how we both like to indulge in biscuits and gravy from time to time when, out of nowhere, she begins babbling to me about how we are engaged in "spiritual warfare" at the school. I politely nod and smile, and escape, saying I need to get back to work.

*insert title of thread here*

One time in middle school I was wearing a Marilyn Manson shirt which had a three faced Jesus on it, and was told to turn it inside out because it was blasphemous. I retorted that that was the exact point, this was not a Christian school, and I was as free to express my Satanic beliefs as much as anyone else was their Christian ones.

What a prick I was. It worked, though.

One time in middle school I was wearing a Marilyn Manson shirt which had a three faced Jesus on it, and was told to turn it inside out because it was blasphemous. I retorted that that was the exact point, this was not a Christian school, and I was as free to express my Satanic beliefs as much as anyone else was their Christian ones.

What a prick I was. It worked, though.

In middle school?

Yes.

Why is that the point of contention? I am, after all, 24. MM broke in 96, which would have put me in 7th or 8th grade. I can't remember which it was (probably 8th). That was the same year I had a girlfriend who looked exactly like Christina Ricci who I totally disowned when she told me she wanted a baby. Her name was also Christina, appropriately, but anything else is lost to the ages. I still remember her father's name, though... it was Donald. He should be sending me thank you cards for having enough sense not to impregnate his daughter. I loaned her half a dozen cds and a couple shirts which I never got back. I should track her down.

Haha, I could see the teacher just hearing the words "I was as free to express my satanic beliefs as much as anyone".

Guest Gogo.

Haha, I could see the teacher just hearing the words "I was as free to express my satanic beliefs as much as anyone".