TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball 8/27-9/2

First and third, and no outs for Detroit, and Thames grounds the ball to third to A-Rod who throws to Cano at 2nd for the force out, and Granderson who was checking to see what A-Rod did with the ball waited, then tried going home and was nailed by Cano from 2nd. Really nice play by Cano.

EDIT: Turns out the guy at 2nd wasn't out, just Granderson at home.

Brian Lawrence is getting rocked. Is Pedro going to be any good when he comes back? Are there any shoulder surgery success stories i should remind myself of?

Brian Lawrence is getting rocked. Is Pedro going to be any good when he comes back? Are there any shoulder surgery success stories i should remind myself of?

No and no. The Mets are !#$^&ed. They won't win again the rest of the season. Or until the Phillies' bullpen comes in, whatever comes first.

I'm being told from my official Detroitian sources that Rudy Guliani is in the Tigers announce booth. not the Yes network booth or the espn one, but the tigers booth. Bizarre.

Mussina got rocked. Again. Henn got rocked. AGAIN.

Give Mussina one more start, then it might be time for drastic measures. Please get Henn the fuck out of here tommorow.

What's "drastic measures"? Bench him for a September call-up?

I can't believe it's almost September 1st already.

This is the second straight Monday whoopin' for the Yankees. The Stadium may not be a nice place to be over the next three days for those in pinstripes.

What's "drastic measures"?

.....Kei Igawa.... :ph34r:

I thought the purpose was to put a better pitcher in there?

Igawa can't be any worse than Moose at this point, that's the scary thing.

WE SHOULD HAVE SIGNED BOOMER

Angels - Mariners: 3 - 0

v 3rd

Garret Anderson 3 RBI w/ HR

Lackey - Batista

Oh, man. Gary Matthews tap to center field, Suzuki missed the diving catch, tossed to 2B, missed the tag, runner safe at 2B. Hit, Matthews advances to 3B, runners on corners.

Just got home from the Phillies whooping the Mets asses. Loved it. Durbin's either really really good or really really bad. Glad he pitched well tonight.

I don't know how being 3 games out of the playoffs with the best offense in the league is "dead", but to whoever said that, uh, okay. As long as the pitching can keep them in the game and overachieve, the Phillies will be right there 'til the end.

Plus the NL West is notoriously un-clutch at tight races or in the playoffs. Hope that continues.

Seeing Jayson Werth get a graphic on Baseball Tonight, much less for getting 9 hits in 9 straight at bats, is astounding. I'm a Phils homer and all, and Werth's pretty damn underrated...but c'mon, Jayson Werth 9-9? 1 away from the NL Record, 3 away from the MLB record.

I love the sudden Phillies love. If there's one thing that never fails to amuse me in sports talk world, it's that future predictions are based solely on the most recent performance. Yes, Chase Utley is back and hitting. We also beat up on the Mets' worst starter. There is a long way to go yet.

As an aside, it amazes me that the Phillies have the fourth best record in the NL. God bless parity.

I just watched the Yankees/Tigers highlights. At least three of those hits Mussina gave up should have been outs. Considering the Tigers only scored one run with less than two outs, that's important. What the Yankees really need is better defense.

And Henn's eight hits? How many of those should've been outs?

They didn't show many highlights at that point. Henn should go. Mussina has 247 career wins and good command at least. Henn has pitched 90 less innings and walked five fewer batters. Henn has no track record of success, and frankly never showed me good stuff in AAA either. The only reason he's in the majors is because he's left handed.

As I said earlier, there's a tendency to pretend the most recent performance is the only one that exists. Mussina's been too good a pitcher to fall this quickly.