TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Brett Favre

Be Kind, Rewind

Guest Tsukuyomi

Looks like shit? Huh?

This looks great. Mos Def is easily the most talented rap-actor out there (Don't forget Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy), and pairing him up with Jack Black is an inspired choice. The 'new' versions look hilarious.

Mos Def was amazing in The Woodsman, so that shouldn't be forgotten. This looks great, can wait to see their versions of Boyz N The Hood and Driving Miss Daisy.

When I first saw the trailer I liked what I saw, but the more I see it the less appealing it looks....maybe cause I am seeing the same scenes over and over again.

Well, the main difference to take into account is that Be Kind, Rewind might actually be funny whereas I was considering jamming scalpels into my eyes and ears after a minute of that clip.

It's directed by Michel Gondry, so I'll watch it. After doing Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, I'll give that guy a shot with anything he makes. Even though his followups to ETotSM haven't been nearly as impressive, I still hope that he'll return to being THAT good.

I would like to see it, but it's one of those damn limited releases that I would have to drive like 45 minutes just to see, so I'll probably wait 'til it comes out on DVD>

I just got back from this. It was slightly different then I expected it to be, but I enjoyed it about as much as I thought I would.

The "Sweded" films were all pretty damn funny, but I was surprised at the amount of heart the movie had. Jack Black was his typical JB self but a bit more reserved and Mos Def put in a solid performance.

I'd recommend this. It's slow to get going but once the videos get erased it picks up steam really fast.

Saw it last night. I thought it was really funny but I can understand if people don't like it, the comedy isn't exactly for everyone.

Saw the movie today, it's pretty much a non-event. I came out of the cinema and could only recall the Ghostbusters spoof and I'd already seen that in the trailer. The performances weren't great, the pace was slow and it was just overall boring.