TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball 9/10-9/16

Add another Phillies pitcher to the walking wounded list, as Kyle Kendrick just took a line drive to the right knee, and had to be helped off the field. Hopefully it's nothing serious, as the team is extremely short on starting pitchers as it is.

Add another Phillies pitcher to the walking wounded list, as Kyle Kendrick just took a line drive to the right knee, and had to be helped off the field. Hopefully it's nothing serious, as the team is extremely short on starting pitchers as it is.

I'm guessing a bruise is most likely. Maybe he'll miss a start.

Where did the Phillies get the idea that bringing up pitchers from the International League's worst team would improve the club?

I can't see this team making the playoffs. If they do, it'll only lead to a spectacular bullpen implosion the likes of which would impress even Mitch Williams.

Heck of a game at Shea tonight. I'll never, ever understand Willie's decision to relieve Pedro Feliciano with Guillermo Mota, but hopefully that's a lesson learned.

The magic number's down to eleven! I might get extremely lucky and be able to see the Mets clinch when I'm down in Miami next weekend.

That was a really good win. Great to see the Mets come back from the bullpen giving up the lead in the top of the 8th. Wagner looked strong in the 9th too.

And yeah, I don't understand why Randolph would pull Feliciano in favor of Mota either. Mota is useless at this point. He has the speed but he seems to have lost the entire concept of pitch location. In a weak Mets bullpen, he's the worst one, and I really don't trust him AT ALL in any moderate-pressure situation once we get to the playoffs.

He's Tampa Bay's RF answer to Wily-Mo Pena (who did the same thing last season).

This is pretty random and all but I'd like to see an off season trade between Oakland and Tampa Bay where Oakland got Rocco Baldelli and Tampa Bay got Rich Harden.

Guest Smues

Offical attendence is listed as 10,121, but I just pulled up the game on mlb.tv and holy cow is it empty. I think it's worse than 2000-2001 WCW crowds. With that small of a crowd they might as well have just AWA'd it and played in an empty stadium.

Guest Gym Class Fallout
Terry Ryan is stepping down as GM of the Minnesota Twins. I hope that they have a good replacement lined up becuase he's had a lot of success on a shoestring budget.

Hendry = GONE

Yes yes yes yes yes. I've wanted Terry Ryan for a while now. We're not winning a World Series this year, even if we win the NL Special Olympics, so let's get Terry Ryan and build an organization correctly for the first time ever. We got the wrong Twins executive last time.

Oh, and yeah, pack up the Marlins and put them in Portland. Miami can't sustain regular season baseball. Shameful stuff.

Also, how many times have the O's gotten their ass waxed like that in the last few weeks?

Offical attendence is listed as 10,121, but I just pulled up the game on mlb.tv and holy cow is it empty. I think it's worse than 2000-2001 WCW crowds. With that small of a crowd they might as well have just AWA'd it and played in an empty stadium.

Ouch.

MDS106091216_800x600.jpg

Guest Gym Class Fallout

I don't think Joe Girardi is a factor in the viability of baseball in Miami, but okay, Razazteca North.

Nice decision firing Joe Giradi.

In hindsight, I don't know if it was that bad of a decision. The Marlins were bound to regress some this year anyways. It would have been the same if it was Gonzalez or Earl Weaver out there. A lot of the young players were over their head last year and that has shown with their (lack of) success in year two.

One of the biggest complaints about Girardi was his handling of the young pitching staff. Look at what's happened this year. Josh Johnson and Anibal Sanchez lost their seasons due to injuries stemming from last year. Willis is probably injured. Scott Olsen is all over the map. A lot of the downturns experienced by this year's team might be traced back to the handling of last year's team.

In the end, Girardi will probably be managing the Yankees next season. I doubt he's losing any sleep over it.

Gotta admit, that might be the best game to go to if you want a foul ball. You just have to beat out about 5 people to the ball and its yours. Then you can lie about the game you got it.

The obvious problem in Miami is Loria and Samson. They already killed baseball in one market (Montreal) and now they're well on their way to a second. Sad thing is they'll get to move the team to a third market, where they will no doubt bitch and moan that the government won't buy them a shiny new stadium.

Finally, a win. I was beginning to wonder if the Yankees would ever lose again.

A.J.'s been really good since he came back. He hasn't given up more than 4 hits in a game since his return, and he's gotten the walks way down lately, too.