TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball 9/10-9/16

Pretty good for a guy in his second full season. And his rookie records of last year have already been broken by Ryan Braun.

If not this year, the Brewers should be favored to win the Central next season no matter how much more popular the Cubs/Cards are.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

The Brewers will be a tough team to keep pace with for the next several years, but I see them suffering from Oakland Athletics Syndrome, in which you'd better enjoy these guys while you can. Be honest: do you really expect Ryan Braun or Prince Fielder to live and work in Wisconsin longer than they possibly have to? The big guys are gonna come a-callin', so it's integral that they keep that farm system loaded year-in-year-out.

The Brewers will be a tough team to keep pace with for the next several years, but I see them suffering from Oakland Athletics Syndrome, in which you'd better enjoy these guys while you can. Be honest: do you really expect Ryan Braun or Prince Fielder to live and work in Wisconsin longer than they possibly have to? The big guys are gonna come a-callin', so it's integral that they keep that farm system loaded year-in-year-out.

That will depend on how serious Mark Antanassio is. I would geuss at least one of those guys leaves in the next few years, but at least its not like in the Selig Daughter's days when every single star player was traded off for a couple cans of Miller Lite.

I would guess Fielder is most likely to be gone in the next few years (Scott Boras is his agent). However, Attanasio has shown he's willing to spend the cash when needed (look at the Suppan signing). The nice thing is that Suppan's contract, along with some others, will be off the books by the time Hardy, Weeks, Hart, Fielder, Braun, etc. start becoming eligible for free agency, so it's not like there won't be any money at all to spend. No, they won't keep them all, but then again they probably won't need or want to, either.

At any rate, they have Fielder for four more years after this season, IIRC, so it's not like Brewers fans need to fret about Fielder being in Yankees pinstripes right now.

Oh, and I was at the game last night, and Fielder's home run and standing ovation was a pretty amazing moment. I will be at Miller Park again today trying to cheer them on to a series win.

The Brewers really need to re-sign Cordero after this season. Great saves last night & this afternoon. I'll be very sad if they decide to let him go & give the closer job back to Turnblow.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

Scott Podsednik --> Carlos Lee --> Kevin Mench, Laynce Nix, Francisco Cordero

I can't get over what a slam dunk that Carlos Lee trade was. How could the Rangers have been so foolish?

Was it really necessary to bring in a situational lefty in a three-run game with the bases empty to pitch to one batter?

As for the game itself, this series is relatively meaningless unless something drastic happens in the next two weeks.

Guest NYankees

It's great to see Rivera getting squeezed like a pimple by the home plate ump. I think he is pitching to a strike zone the size of a pin. I can only imagine what is going to happen next against Ortiz.

Guest Gym Class Fallout
I forgot how unoriginal some people were with nicknames.

Are you suggesting "big fatfuck" by NYankees is not creative? Wow what a bunch of trolling going on. To think a bunch of computer geek white boys are using the term "unoriginal" Please, you have got to be kidding me. Dont you ever dare put him down Bruiser, who the hell are you to make fun of him.

It's great to see Rivera getting squeezed like a pimple by the home plate ump. I think he is pitching to a strike zone the size of a pin. I can only imagine what is going to happen next against Ortiz.

This is what I get for clicking "Un-ignore this member".

They cut the magic # down in this series, so it wasn't a total loss. Too bad the football game grabbed my attention because this seemed like quite the pitchers duel.

Edited by KingPK

Guest Gym Class Fallout

Prediction for the rest of the Cubs season

1-2 v. Cincinnati

1-2 v. Pittsburgh

0-3 @ Florida

1-2 @ Cincinnati

81 wins and we lose the division.