TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Sandman Released :(

I didn't follow the old ECW, so I'm not really a fan of Sandman at all. Between Eugene, Cryme Tyme, and Sandman, WWE is sure taking out the trash these days. Here's to Miz and Snitsky going next.

P.S. I don't like that WWE got rid of a decently over tag team, but Cryme Tyme's segments were always terribly drawn out and boring.

Since it was said "this was expected the last 24 hours" I would assume he showed up intoxicated to Raw last night, or something to that effect. And then when he injures himself in the ring, and if he was on something, I could see them pretty upset with him and letting him go. Complete speculation there though.

Either that or the lawsuit he was involved in (which I think is still happening) has gotten to the point where WWE wants to wipe away his hands with him.

I hate this train of thought, people also used to say "Respect" or "Miseria Cantare" were so integral to RVD and Punk

I think you mean "Walk" instead of "Respect." I would be really confused if RVD came out to Aretha Franklin

I hate this train of thought, people also used to say "Respect" or "Miseria Cantare" were so integral to RVD and Punk

I think you mean "Walk" instead of "Respect." I would be really confused if RVD came out to Aretha Franklin

Of course, I was thinking of the right song but that just adds to the point, that he was still over regardless of what music he came out to.

Sandman's new theme actually grew to be better than Enter Sandman for him. Keeping in mind his reduced role and the fact that his segments last roughly 2-4 minutes per Raw, it was actually a well-received and cool theme song.

WWE sucks even more now, BTW. Raw joins the other bad WWE shows on the "watch the DVR of it if I get a chance" list now that Booker and Sandman are gone and they already put LonDrick in a rushed, heatless title program.

I'm sad to see him go, but he did look pretty damn wasted during that final segment on RAW. I wouldn't be surprised if they just released him as soon as the show was over.

I'm sad to see him go, but he did look pretty damn wasted during that final segment on RAW. I wouldn't be surprised if they just released him as soon as the show was over.

If he was that wasted, they wouldn't have let him out. He wasn't that important to the skit, although he matched the description of all the clues, so he had to stick around.

Well today's another 9/11 that we must never forget. Seriously though, I really want to know why they released him, he seemed pretty sober since he came back for the ECW revival.

What an incredibly random firing. It sure seemed like to me that Sandman and Marella had a feud boiling, not to mention the fact that he was very over with the crowd. He must have done something backstage.

It's the Sandman, he's suppose to look drunk off his ass.

I'm kinda surprised they released Sandman, but I kinda figured it was going to happen once he got moved to Raw. He just didn't belong there, he should have been left on ECW to help that show out or maybe moved to Smackdown. I think what sucks the most of him being released is seeing or hearing about how he worked to actually keep his job. Sandman lost a lot of weight and got himself in a great shape. He dropped most of his enterance with the smoking and I noticed quite recently he wasn't drinking on the way to the ring for the past couple of weeks.

I really thought Sandman was going to make it, he was over with the fans, he could have sold a lot of merchindise, and hell he could have been pushed in a Steve Austin type of role as just a badass who just didn't take shit from anyone and Sandman would have been sold to every fan. Sandman could have easily been one of the most over wrestler on any of the shows.

It could have been a number of things on why Sandman was released, but I'm going to assume that maybe he wasn't happy being on the Raw roster. If you think about it, he's not on the same show as his closest friends in the buisness (Tommy, Stevie, Balls, Guido) so he didn't see them as often, and yeah Sandman was kind of getting a push on Raw but it really wasn't a push Sandman should have really had. He was kinda there in the mid-care area, he really didnt have any feuds with anyone other than a short one with Carlito and I don't even know why he was mixed in with the Santino/Simmons feud. So him just being un-happy could be a high possiblity on why WWE and Sandman reached a agreement to leave.

Ha! There is some speculation on the DVDVR board that Sandman was not supposed to be in the ring that long and is not considered a former Champion by WWE writers and he was just crashing the party (so to say) and that is why he got canned. I do not think that is what happened but it would be awesome if it was true.

Sandman's mentioned he held the ECW title before. Hell it was a WWE.com gimmick for a second when McMahon won the ECW title.

Ha! There is some speculation on the DVDVR board that Sandman was not supposed to be in the ring that long and is not considered a former Champion by WWE writers and he was just crashing the party (so to say) and that is why he got canned. I do not think that is what happened but it would be awesome if it was true.

Considering the detail they usually put into the main event skits, I'm sure they were quite aware of who would be involved. Also, Hunter was standing right behind Sandman the entire time on the outside. I'm sure Hunter, who is involved in the precise details would have told Sandman to get lost. One more thing, Vince mentioned The Sandman at the end saying that "2 out of 3 would be disastrous."

He was clearly smashed in his match with Marella; watch him wobble on the barricade more than usual during the entrance, and then watch him take that weird bump after Marella Irish whips him into the corner.

He had a much better WWE run than I thought. I remember thinking before ECW started that they'd just bury him but he actually got over and was apparently worthy enough to get moved to Raw. At least he went out with a bang (being one of the 3 to be left during the "Who's Your Daddy?" angle last night) and got to make some decent money for awhile.

I wouldn't mind seeing him retire now. He's done enough for this business.

He had a much better WWE run than I thought. I remember thinking before ECW started that they'd just bury him but he actually got over and was apparently worthy enough to get moved to Raw. At least he went out with a bang (being one of the 3 to be left during the "Who's Your Daddy?" angle last night) and got to make some decent money for awhile.

I wouldn't mind seeing him retire now. He's done enough for this business.

I don't think he really goes out with a bang just for being at the end of a main event skit, if he didn't have blonde hair, he wouldn't stick around. He just happened to fit the same clues as the other two. Which reminds me, why did Doane just walk out? He has blonde hair, white and a former champion but he just left before they did the final clue about playing the game.

I think Kenny left when it came to the hair thing. He stayed after the title thing.

I think Kenny left when it came to the hair thing. He stayed after the title thing.

He left before they sent Cade and Murdoch away (looking back, I guess he is more of a brunette then blonde). That whole skit was amusing for many different things. Benjamin's sad look, Murdoch throwing the hat and vest to the crowd, JBL's booming smile, Daivari waving bye to Punk, "Hey, Tommy" from McMahon, Coach's happiness for getting to stay in the ring, and McMahon's joy for having a white son.

Kenny was a champion as part of a team, not by himself, so he wouldn't have qualified.

"Considering the detail they usually put into the main event skits, I'm sure they were quite aware of who would be involved."

Like when they aware Sandman was a former World Champion and put him in the main event of Vengeance. Oh wait.

Bitching about WWE's writers for not knowing the business isn't some "internet" trend, it happens to be the talk of quite a bit of ex-WWE employees. It's a shame last night's McMahon reveal, aside from being pointless for future storyline/angle build (lame "Big Reveal"ala The Greater Power and Goldberg Goes Heel in 2000) was also written poorly, where guys like Val Venis were all "Uh, do I leave?" to Vince.