TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

OAO 9/13 Impact Thread

Preview:

nspost.gif

HUGE MAIN EVENT ADDED TO THURSDAY’S “iMPACT!” – SIX SIDES OF STEEL CAGE MATCH WITH KURT ANGLE VS. ABYSS

By Bill Banks

TNAwrestling.com has learned that a huge main event has been added to this Thursday night’s “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV at 9pm as it will be TNA World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle taking on Abyss inside the hellacious Six Sides of Steel cage match!

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling begins the road to our biggest Pay-Per-View event of the year – “Bound For Glory” live on Pay-Per-View on Sunday, October 14!

The following is a preview of what is set for the broadcast:

- In addition to competing in the huge main event against Abyss, Kurt Angle will speak out about what happened at Sunday’s “No Surrender”. Will we find out more about the situation that occurred between Sting and Karen Angle?

- Also set to appear on “iMPACT!” are the new TNA World Tag Team Champions – Ron “The Truth” Killings and Adam “Pacman” Jones.

- In addition, Abyss is scheduled to appear! The question is – was it Judas Mesias that pulled Abyss through the ring on Sunday night? Will we get some answers from manager James Mitchell - and will he unveil his newest monster?

- The violent and maniacal Black Reign is scheduled to compete in singles action

- Plus, in a non-title match, it will be new X Division Champion “Black Machismo” Jay Lethal taking on “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels from Triple X!

- In addition, TNAwrestling.com has learned that TNA Management Director Jim Cornette will announce new matches for the “Bound For Glory” epic event!

All this and much more this Thursday night at 9pm on SpikeTV. Don’t forget – TNA goes 2 hours on SpikeTV starting Thursday night, October 4!

Discuss...

- The violent and maniacal Black Reign is scheduled to compete in singles action

:lol: So that's what he's suppose to be... I see!

And yeah, I'll wait till I see it, but I'm a bit confused at them no selling Abyss being dragged under the ring by the creepy hand - even if Abyss did look down, adjust his leg accordingly, then acted like he didn't see anything.

I like this Judas Mesias fellow. His beat down on Abyss was fun. Best Impact moment since I started semi-watching again a couple of weeks ago.

I gotta admit the Judas Mesias charater is pretty fucking cool. the beatdown was pretty fun and I like the whole supernatural gimick aspect. This seemed like the kind of gimick Sean O'Haire should of gotten in WWE because for some reason Judas Mesias reminds me of him.

Impact was pretty fun. I'am curious to see how Impact is gonna be booked when it goes 2 hours. hopfully that means longer matches.

Gosh, Tenay and West really need to know when to talk. Idiotic things such as "That's the voice of Jim Cornette, where is he!" and talking during promos, entrances, etc. is something TNA needs to learn not to do. Tenay wasn't like this in WCW.

The Judas Mesias segment was pretty cool, but his ring gear doesn't go with his character one bit.

Yeah I was thinking that as well, he doesn't look menacing at all wearing this little Chavo Guerrero WCW pants

One thing that's pretty cool is that they've already announced eight matches for BFG. Even though half of them suck atleast we'll get some decent buildup to the event.

I have to admit that I laughed my ass off last night when Cornette said there would be another reverse battle royale. It's almost like TNA doesn't get the memo sometimes that some of their ideas just suck. Who exactly is going to be in this thing if Joe and Christian are in a separate match?

I don't get the "these matches will suck." TNA does a lot of stuff wrong, but their PPV matches generally aren't one of those things. The endings might not be the best, but the matches themselves are usually quite good.

I'm not saying they're going to "suck," per se, but they're just going to be the usual TNA garbage matches and stupid gimmicks that we've seen a hundred times. Abyss will bleed like a stuffed pig again, thumbtacks and glass will come into play, the reverse battle royal will look hokey and fake like last time, a bunch of tables will be broken, excessive chairshot, etc. And all that stuff will lead absolutely nowhere and they'll do it again the following month.

I have to admit that I laughed my ass off last night when Cornette said there would be another reverse battle royale. It's almost like TNA doesn't get the memo sometimes that some of their ideas just suck. Who exactly is going to be in this thing if Joe and Christian are in a separate match?

They'll probably have guys do double duty.

I don't get the "these matches will suck." TNA does a lot of stuff wrong, but their PPV matches generally aren't one of those things. The endings might not be the best, but the matches themselves are usually quite good.

I'm not saying they're going to "suck," per se, but they're just going to be the usual TNA garbage matches and stupid gimmicks that we've seen a hundred times. Abyss will bleed like a stuffed pig again, thumbtacks and glass will come into play, the reverse battle royal will look hokey and fake like last time, a bunch of tables will be broken, excessive chairshot, etc. And all that stuff will lead absolutely nowhere and they'll do it again the following month.

Ah, Ok. Yeah, I agree with that.

Jeff Jarrett

Guest MadManOnTheWater

Is it wrong that I enjoyed the reverse battle royal the last time they did it?

Guest MadManOnTheWater
Only if you admit it on a wrestle forum where TNA is often coded talk for 'LOL'.

As far as gimmick matches go, the reverse battle royal is fairly intuitive once you get past the name. If you've ever played king of the hill as a kid, the ring is the hill and there can be multiple winners. It has the potential for some interesting spots, like a guy who has already qualified trying to help Shark Boy in and trying to keep out people he doesn't want to face. It's not guaranteed to be booked well, but it can be, just like the TNA braintrust is capable of screwing up the Royal Rumble format even though the match is usually watchable.

At this point, the best part of TNA is listening to the Bryan & Vinny show on F4W each week where they talk about what happened.

Agreed. They do give credit to the wrestlers for working hard, and are positive about that, but Bryan and Vinny are merciless about ripping into the writing and booking. I might upload the show that talks about the latest Impact, but I don't think the TNA fans here would appreciate it.

At this point, the best part of TNA is listening to the Bryan & Vinny show on F4W each week where they talk about what happened.

Agreed. They do give credit to the wrestlers for working hard, and are positive about that, but Bryan and Vinny are merciless about ripping into the writing and booking. I might upload the show that talks about the latest Impact, but I don't think the TNA fans here would appreciate it.

Who cares? I consider myself a "fan" in that I follow TNA, which I can't say for WWE, but I still realize the company is far from being good. There really aren't many people around here cut from the Impact Zone/YouTube doofus cloth. Consider this one TNA fan saying it would be APPRECIATED!

I hate TNA 100% and have no clue why they are bringing back the reverse battle royal. It can be fun for comedy, and the West/Tenay announce team are hilarious for how completely awful they are. Tenay has the funniest facial expressions in wrestling, and usually says some of the dumbest things. I think his drop down in quality is even worst than Schiavonie in WCW when he stopped caring around 1996. I'll cut West some slack since he was never really good, but can be entertaining in that Vince McMahon/David Crockett kind of way. Where, he actually sounds like he is excited for the product and wants to be their unlike Tenay.

But, Daniels/Lethal was decent at least, and damn is Karen Angle hot as hell. Plus, Judas Mesias could end up being badass. I just can't stand Abyss. His character and in ring skills are terrible. No Surrender was actually a really good PPV. I hope they can finally start to get out of their slump they've been in since around July 2006. I want them to succeed, but the past year or so, they've been just as bad if not worse than WCW in 99/00 IMO.

I think the only match I've truly enjoyed in TNA 07 is Harris/Storm from Sacrifice.

I hate TNA 100% and have no clue why they are bringing back the reverse battle royal. It can be fun for comedy, and the West/Tenay announce team are hilarious for how completely awful they are. Tenay has the funniest facial expressions in wrestling, and usually says some of the dumbest things. I think his drop down in quality is even worst than Schiavonie in WCW when he stopped caring around 1996. I'll cut West some slack since he was never really good, but can be entertaining in that Vince McMahon/David Crockett kind of way. Where, he actually sounds like he is excited for the product and wants to be their unlike Tenay.

But, Daniels/Lethal was decent at least, and damn is Karen Angle hot as hell. Plus, Judas Mesias could end up being badass. I just can't stand Abyss. His character and in ring skills are terrible. No Surrender was actually a really good PPV. I hope they can finally start to get out of their slump they've been in since around July 2006. I want them to succeed, but the past year or so, they've been just as bad if not worse than WCW in 99/00 IMO.

I think the only match I've truly enjoyed in TNA 07 is Harris/Storm from Sacrifice.

If you hate the promotion so much why do you continue to watch it?

It has Samoa Joe, Senshi, Alex Shelley, and Homicide. Plus, I find trainwrecks funny.

It has Samoa Joe, Senshi, Alex Shelley, and Homicide. Plus, I find trainwrecks funny.

What a moron. This is the sentiment on 'net wrestling boards that drives me crazy, these d-bags that talk about how much they HATE TNA, claim it's worse than WCW in '99/2000 which in itself is an idiotic claim. Yet they watch it. I hate WWE programming, I hate MTV, I hate Grey's Anatomy and guess what??? I DON'T FUCKING WATCH THEM.

And don't take this as coming from some Impact Zone "TNA ROOLZ" jackass. I can tell you dozens of things wrong with TNA off the top of my head, and I generally agree with posters like HTQ who are equally frustrated by TNA's booking, but don't act like total jagoffs about it. If you "100% hate TNA," you wouldn't watch for Samoa Joe, Shelley, etc. because that wouldn't be 100%, now would it?