TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk 34

ECW 10.2.07 (Vince McMahon McMahon to make WWE Title announcment)

Golden path

October 2, 2007

An “epic battle” awaits Elijah Burke and Tommy Dreamer on the next ECW on Sci Fi as the cocky Superstar and the ECW Original are set to face for a golden opportunity at No Mercy. Will Dreamer prove that heart matters more than youth, or will the talented young Guiding Light give him the experience of a lifetime?

Will ECW Champion CM Punk even make it to No Mercy? After Big Daddy V put the hurt on him in the final minutes of ECW on Sci Fi, nobody can be sure. Matt Striker's oversized student has knocked down every challenge in his path. Does his route include the Straightedge Superstar?

Also on ECW on Sci Fi, Balls Mahoney tried to get an answer from Kelly Kelly again, but suffered even worse results than the last time. How will he respond now that The Miz has added injury to his insults? Will he get Kelly in his presence long enough for her to answer if she will go out with him or not?

Find out the answers to all of these questions and more on the next ECW on Sci Fi on Tuesday at 10/9 CT.

If Big Daddy doesn't knock out both of the challengers and issues a match for Punk at No Mercy, I'll be stunned.

I'll be stunned if we get a fresh match up of Tommy Dreamer vs CM Punk at the pay-per-view.

Guest jotumare
If Morrison doesn't knock out both of the challengers and issues a match for Punk at No Mercy, I'll be stunned.

fixed :P

If Morrison doesn't knock out both of the challengers and issues a match for Punk at No Mercy, I'll be stunned.

fixed :P

I expect Morrison to return at the PPV after Big Daddy murders Punk and Morrison wants to take advantage of a injured Punk at next week's taping.

It's official that John Cena will be stripped of the WWE Title and that a match to fill the vacancy will take place at No Mercy. Meltzer has given off his personal predictions for what the title match at No Mercy will be.

-- Randy Orton vs. Triple H vs. Umaga in a Triple Threat

-- Randy Orton vs. Triple H

-- Randy Orton vs. Jeff Hardy

-- Randy Orton vs. The Undertaker

But no Jericho. And IT WILL BE JERICHO, AND HE WILL WIN!

(I wish)

Why are people convinced Jericho's even showing up Sunday? They still have to do a lot of buildup to his return, as I'm sure WWE wouldn't sacrifice the buyrate of an announced Jericho return.

It's official that John Cena will be stripped of the WWE Title and that a match to fill the vacancy will take place at No Mercy. Meltzer has given off his personal predictions for what the title match at No Mercy will be.

-- Randy Orton vs. Triple H vs. Umaga in a Triple Threat

-- Randy Orton vs. Triple H

-- Randy Orton vs. Jeff Hardy

-- Randy Orton vs. The Undertaker

WWE title decision will be announced on ECW tonight

Which would seem to rule out most of the surprise possibilities.

I can see Orton vs. HHH vs. Umaga three-way, but there are multiple options like Orton vs. HHH, Orton vs. Jeff Hardy and Orton vs. Undertaker.

That's more listing the possibilities than 'personally predicting' what the match will be.

Vince making an announcement on TV doesn't necessarily rule out a surprise; there's nothing to say Vince won't make a multi-man match for No Mercy and say that one of the entrants won't be revealed until the match begins.

They still have to do a lot of buildup to his return, as I'm sure WWE wouldn't sacrifice the buyrate of an announced Jericho return.

This is WWE, remember? It wouldn't be the first time they've blown a money match or angle.

Glad to see that ECW is so inconsequential that RAW's champ woes get opening promo. Gah.

OK - given the video package, are they playing off that Orton was the one that injured him?

Vince just states Cena could be out for a year, crowd cheers.

Don't even tell me they're going to say that Orton put Cena on shelf when they show a video package where Cena is obviously favoring that side of his body during the match before Orton entered the picture.

Glad to see that ECW is so inconsequential that RAW's champ woes get opening promo. Gah.

I dont blame them one bit actually. Its the main event of the next ppv, and this is huge news. They have to address it immediately.

And with that said, they didnt address it whatsoever really. They apparently still dont know what they are doing.

How come Punk doesn't get the "Only girls and kids like him" comments that Cena got on regular basis? It's pretty clear that Punk is quite popular with that fanbase just as Cena is.

The reaction was quite strange. Dayton being a ROH market and all, not only that but Punk got a big ovation in Cincinnati which is 25 minutes south.

Why are people convinced Jericho's even showing up Sunday? They still have to do a lot of buildup to his return, as I'm sure WWE wouldn't sacrifice the buyrate of an announced Jericho return.

I guess you have not been seeing those videos - whoever that is that they are talking about, he's all but confirmed to show up on the ppv given the codes.

Mike Knox is supposed to be something for Punk to worry about? Are we supposed to forget the jobbage of Knox over the last 8 mos. or so?

FYI, since I havent seen this really anywhere here on the board, apparently in the next upcoming weeks, there is a push to bring in more guys to the ECW brand, so expect some new names probably starting next week. From this weeks WON.

Knox can beat anyone, any night? Tazz, I know they pay you for this stuff, but how did you not choke on that line?

It's about time. They got 8-12 guys doing nothing and that doesn't count those in Florida or OVW.

I would love it if the new Hart Foundation showed up in ECW, by the way. They could use them on Smackdown too.

Ballyhoo! I love Striker. :P

"EYES UP FRONT!"

Striker is a heel promo god. But why wouldn't he just send out V to squash Punk instead of sending out the only opposition for Balls Mahoney's post as chief jobber? I suppose we're looking at a run-in after Knox does the job.

Knox is channeling Orton with all these rest holds.