TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk 34

ECW 10.2.07 (Vince McMahon McMahon to make WWE Title announcment)

They really should push that just a little more because that would get more sympathy for Kelly as well.

I'd like to sympathize all over her tits... I mean mouth... I mean feet... I mean something...

Im shocked Morrison hasnt shown up tonight at all.

The program synopsis mentions him (and ONLY him) by name, so he will (or should) by the end of the night.

The program synopsis mentions him (and ONLY him) by name, so he will (or should) by the end of the night.

Is Direct TV consistantly accurate?

I don't have Direct TV but mine also says that about Morrison.

Not at all. I'll often get synopsis... what the fuck is the plural of synopsis anyway?

But yeah, they're wrong here and there.

Tommy is really kicking it up a notch tonight.

It still amazes me that ECW is still the most watchable wrestling show on TV right now. And the E treats it like their C Brand. Of course, that's probably why it's so good lately...the "creative team" pretty much ignores it, leaving it to someone who actually knows how to book and write a wrestling show.

It will happen sometimes, but more often than not, they are pulling a major name out of their ass in lieu of a provided program agenda. I thought that Morrison has served his suspension by now, and I don't see the company biding their time to bring him back, since ECW is a skeleton program anyways. It just seems to make sense regardless of what your respective cable provider is telling you.

Yes - an actual compelling match on ppv this Sunday! Go Dreamer Go!!!

Wait a minute......

I was just about to say how cool it was that Dreamer was #1 contender.

... yeah.

Bait and switch, fuck off Lagana.....

No. It's classic Dusty.

Ok so they're both just as guilty.....all teh same, its bullshit. Would much have preferred a three way at the ppv. Good way to push your talent and then demean them in the process. A nice solid three week build to Dreamer getting the nod, then this. Bullshit!

Blech. I marked out like a little kid for a minute there.

No. It's classic Dusty.

Ok so they're both just as guilty.....all teh same, its bullshit. Would much have preferred a three way at the ppv. Good way to push your talent and then demean them in the process. A nice solid three week build to Dreamer getting the nod, then this. Bullshit!

You do realize that Big Daddy has been getting a push for the last month. This was pretty telegraphed from the start.

No. It's classic Dusty.

You do realize that Big Daddy has been getting a push for the last month. This was pretty telegraphed from the start.

Sure, he's been getting pushed, but it could have just as easy been as the next challenger after Dreamer. I knew damn well Dreamer wasnt going to go over Punk at the ppv, but it would have been probably a good match. BDV could have then been booked to take on Punk at the next ppv. The booking of it all just left me with a really bad distain for, well, the booking. Get back in your place, Dreamer, apparently.

No. It's classic Dusty.

What they did just now was totally illogical. Yes they've been building him up, but this happening tonight wasn't a set in stone obvious outcome. I figured they'd have the winner tonight really go to face CM Punk at the PPV, and either during that match or right after it, or maybe hold off until the following TV show later the same week, they'd have BDV come out then to officially start his title feud. What we saw tonight was a complete and total waste of the past month.

No. It's classic Dusty.

What they did just now was totally illogical. Yes they've been building him up, but this happening tonight wasn't a set in stone obvious outcome. I figured they'd have the winner tonight really go to face CM Punk at the PPV, and either during that match or right after it, or maybe hold off until the following TV show later the same week, they'd have BDV come out then to officially start his title feud. What we saw tonight was a complete and total waste of the past month.

Agreed

Wow, I guess the ECW Main Event at No Mercy just got exponentially shittier.

I know Big Daddy V has fans on this board, and I don't fault you for that... but BDV vs. Punk is going to suck. I guarantee it.

So no announcement?

Maybe Val Venis winning the poll confused them.

They only said that Cena isn't the camp anymore, but history will be made at the PPV and we will have a new champ.

The way they said it, how they're going forward, says to me that we'll see something other than simply sticking Orton in the HHH/Umaga match or something like that.

No. It's classic Dusty.

Yep. No big shock there. Nice dick heel move by AA. I like it. You all can't honestly say you were expecting Dreamer v. Punk when they've got JM coming off his suspension and BDV who's in line for a push to the moon?

EDIT: A waste of the past month? Yeah, that's the idea. In terms of kayfabe, it Lulls Punk into thinking he's going to face 1 of 4 guys. Now, all that preparation is for nothing as now he only has only 5 days to prep for BDV.

The way I understand the angle is that AA had this planned all along.