TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The College Football Thread 10/10 - 10/14

God, if I'd known the LSU game was going to be this exciting, I would have found some place that was showing it no matter what. Can't believe I missed this one. On the bright side, the Montana game's only got 4:00 left so maybe I can watch LSU and Kentucky if they make it to a 6th overtime.

Cal or Ohio State is going to be #1 tommorrow. Ewwwww.

Brightside for LSU was this was against a quality opponent, on the road, in a game that could have gone either way. They'll probably still be in the Top 5 tommorrow.

A win is a win. I don't give a fuck how ugly it looked. The Notre Dame game should go a long way toward getting shit straight. The offensive line is the source of the problem.

Repeat after me...there will be no undefeated teams at the end of the regular season. I've said this all along.

I think that Kentucky will move up to like about 9 or so because lets face it.... they have to be above Va. Tech in the rankings, and also I think you put LSU at 5, because of all the one loss teams, you have to look at the fact that they lost on the road in triple overtime against a pretty good team. This season is just proving more and more that a playoff would be loads of fun.

Wow, the UK/LSU game today had to be the game of the year thus far in college football. From the get go once UK got that deflected TD in the 1st quarter it just sorta seemed like their day. I think UK might just go back to #8, which is where they were before the SC loss.

It would be funny if Hawaii was the only unbeaten team at the end of the season, especially given how shaky they are.

U of L vs. Cincy is tied at 14 at the half. What's with U of L playing better on the road? I guess it could be a relief to get away from home since it's possibly more hostile at Papa John's than on the road.

And now Cal's only up on the Beavers at home by a point at halftime.

This is going to make for a really interesting discussion in six weeks or so. King's right, no one is going undefeated this season.

Oregon State retakes the lead 28-21, 8:30 left.

Oklahoma has put Missouri away. Down to seven BCS conference undefeateds.

EDIT: CAL FUMBLES THE KICK OFF!!!! Beavers have the ball at the Cal 40.

Louisville and Cincy are in a dogfight in the 4th, so they may drop from the ranks of the undefeated as well.

Dammit, Cal pulls a 65 yard touchdown pass out of thier ass to keep them alive. 2:31 left.

Beavers recover the onside.

This is one fucked-up year of college football...

The only ones I can think of even close to this are 2003 (LSU wins BCS, USC wins AP) and 1984 (BYU wins the titles).

Well in fairness to Cal they would have to lose one more to justify Oregon being ahead of them. On the other hand, it's Cal. Fuck 'em.

Down to six and soon five as Louisville is about to put away Cincinnati. Arizona State still has to survive the night as well but their game just started.

That was one of the biggest bonehead plays ever at the end of the Cal game. The Cal freshman QB doesn't throw the ball away in FG range, but takes off and gets tackled in bounds with 7 seconds left. Tedford looked a bit pissed.

BC didn't look impressive at all in South Bend today. THAT is your #2 team in the nation? If O'Brien was still there, I'd say they are going to screw it up sooner or later, but this year they might actually be in a BCS bowl.

Well in fairness to Cal they would have to lose one more to justify Oregon being ahead of them. On the other hand, it's Cal. Fuck 'em.

Down to six and soon five as Louisville is about to put away Cincinnati. Arizona State still has to survive the night as well but their game just started.

If Cincy keeps LVille down to a FG, they'll have a couple plays to take a shot down the field to tie it up.

Edit: Lville went for the TD and blew it. Cincy has life...on the 1 with no t.o left.

I don't mean that Oregon should be ahead of them right now, just that we needed them to lose 2 to even have a chance, so this helps a lot.