TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB League Championship Series Thread

One thread for both as I doubt Colorado/Arizona will generate much discussion.

Series begins Thursday
Game     Matchup     Day     Date     Time ET     TV
Gm 1     COL @ ARI     Thu     Oct. 11     8:30 pm     TBS
Gm 2     COL @ ARI     Fri     Oct. 12     10 pm     TBS
Gm 3     ARI @ COL     Sun     Oct. 14     8:30 pm     TBS
Gm 4     ARI @ COL     Mon     Oct. 15     10 pm     TBS
Gm 5*     ARI @ COL     Wed     Oct. 17     8:30 pm     TBS
Gm 6*     COL @ ARI     Fri     Oct. 19     8:30 pm     TBS
Gm 7*     COL @ ARI     Sat     Oct. 20     TBD     TBS

Game      Matchup      Day      Date      Time ET      TV
Gm 1     CLE @ BOS     Fri     Oct. 12     7 pm     FOX
Gm 2     CLE @ BOS     Sat     Oct. 13     8 pm     FOX
Gm 3     BOS @ CLE     Mon     Oct. 15     7 pm     FOX
Gm 4     BOS @ CLE     Tue     Oct. 16     8 pm     FOX
Gm 5*     BOS @ CLE     Thu     Oct. 18     8 pm     FOX
Gm 6*     CLE @ BOS     Sat     Oct. 20     TBD     FOX
Gm 7*     CLE @ BOS     Sun     Oct. 21     TBD     FOX
* - if necessary

Sox/Indians has the potential to be a classic and ten times more interesting than Armageddon III would have been. Two possible Beckett/Sebathia matchups in one week? Giddyup!

As far as the NLCS, it all depends on Colorado's pitching. Arizona doesn't have a great offense, so if they can hold the fort and allow Holliday and Co. to put some runs up, they have a fine shot at winning this one.

Picks: Sox in 7, Rockies in 5 or 6.

Edited by KingPK

I typically prefer that wild card teams don't advance to the World Series but the longer Eric Byrnes is in the national spotlight, the worse off we all are.

I'm checking their splits right now on BR.com and there doesn't really seem to be that much difference in the home and away numbers. Some of the road numbers are better (SLG and OPS against as examples), but it's not really by that much. Though they definitely have improved later in the season, I'll give you that.

I'm checking their splits right now on BR.com and there doesn't really seem to be that much difference in the home and away numbers. Some of the road numbers are better (SLG and OPS against as examples), but it's not really by that much. Though they definitely have improved later in the season, I'll give you that.

Here's a clue. They're in the top half of the National League in runs allowed.

The bullpen is excellent and all of the starting pitchers are above average. They lack the ace or Cy candidate that gives credibility to a rotation, but top to bottom they have one of the best staffs in the league.

I will go with the Red Sox in 6, taking the first 2 at home, getting 1 in Cleveland, and finishing it back in Boston.

In the NLCS I'll go with the Rockies in 5, splitting the first 2 in AZ and then sweeping the 3 home games at Coors.

Red Sox vs. Rockies is such a bizarre sounding series. Indians vs. Rockies makes a bit more sense, if nothing else so the Indians can lose to the OTHER 1993 expansion team.

Indians in 7 and Rockies in 6. None of the possible outcomes are bad, the two teams I wanted gone are gone.

Indians in 6, Dbacks in 7.

I fear CC and Carmona :(

The main weakness IMHO is the Indians late inning Bullpen.

I feel good about Beckett and Schill but I dunno those games are a total tossup. Then we throw Shit-K and Wake game 3-4 in Cleveland...blech. The bright spot is that DiceK has far better road splits, so if we can win both games 1-2 at home I'll feel alot better going into Cleveland with DiceK, Wake, and Beckett.

God help the Sox if it goes 7 games!

Guest Vitamin X
Indians in 7 and Rockies in 6. None of the possible outcomes are bad, the two teams I wanted gone are gone.

If the two teams you are thinking of are the D-Backs and the Yanks, then I couldn't agree more with you.

Although I'd really like to see Colorado win it all. They were my favorite team when I was a kid (my little league team had their name), as for some reason I didn't care much for the Dodgers, but went to a lot of their games.

I'm obviously biased, but Robbie Alomar's game-tying HR off Eckersley in Game 4 in 1992, capping a five-run comeback off the game's most dominant closer, should be on that list. Alomar raising his arms skyward after the swing is still a memorable image.

Guest Smues

If Sid Bream sliding home isn't in the top 5 then I don't agree with the list, if it is the whole list is fine with me.

*Looks*

I approve.

If the two teams you are thinking of are the D-Backs and the Yanks, then I couldn't agree more with you.

Although I'd really like to see Colorado win it all. They were my favorite team when I was a kid (my little league team had their name), as for some reason I didn't care much for the Dodgers, but went to a lot of their games.

They're still in...

Yankees and Angels. That would have been the ultimate "fuck you" to me, to see them both in the ALCS.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

"Michael Wuertz, from Scottsdale, Arizona, second behind Bob Howry on the Cowboys for relief appearances."

Guest Vitamin X

They're still in...

Not for long, they won't.

"Michael Wuertz, from Scottsdale, Arizona, second behind Bob Howry on the Cowboys for relief appearances."

So who did the Cubs get in return? Oh I really hope it was their first round draft pick or Julius Jones.

I feel good about Beckett and Schill but I dunno those games are a total tossup. Then we throw Shit-K and Wake game 3-4 in Cleveland...blech. The bright spot is that DiceK has far better road splits, so if we can win both games 1-2 at home I'll feel alot better going into Cleveland with DiceK, Wake, and Beckett.

Did you really call Daisuke Shit-K? I know he got tired at the end of the year, but isn't that a little harsh? He still has excellent stuff and the extra rest is going to help him.

You know why people hate Red Sox fans? They think their $100 million #2 starter sucks.

You know why people hate Red Sox fans? They think their $100 million #2 starter sucks.

No it's because they think they can trade for anyone, no matter what, with their shittier players.

The Schilling trade still boggles my mind.