TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB League Championship Series Thread

Hey is Kenny Lofton a HOFer? He's getting to 2500 hits, has over 600 SBs, and has an OBP of .372 over his career. He's a 6 time all-star, and 4 time gold glove winner.

Lofton's an interesting case. He had a handful of great seasons, and has now stuck around as a good player into his early 40s. Lofton only finished in the top ten in MVP voting once though, and it's tough envisioning a player without the MVP votes making the Hall.

On the subject of Lofton, it's amazing that we've only had two Lofton-less postseasons since the strike. He's been in the playoffs for six different teams (maybe that's a record).

The first inning will be over by the time James Taylor finishes the lineup.

Since they mentioned Ortiz's postseason so far. Surprisingly Ortiz's ALDS was not the best postseason hitting performance of all time. Gary Roenicke of the Baltimore Orioles hit .750 in the 1983 ALCS. Five walks, a double and home run gave him an OBP of .900 and a slugging percentage of 1.750.

Roenicke followed up the ALCS performance with an 0 for 7 against the Phillies in the World Series.

On the subject of Lofton, it's amazing that we've only had two Lofton-less postseasons since the strike. He's been in the playoffs for six different teams (maybe that's a record).

Wikipedia says it is, and who are we to doubt Wiki?

The funny thing is that Lofton hasn't won a World Series, you'd think he would have lucked into one eventually.

And look at his 3 years from 2002 thru 2004:

2002 - 8 outs away from winning it all with the Giants

2003 - Cubs, we all know what happened there

2004 - Blows 3-0 with the Yankees

Is it just me or has Fox improved their baseball coverage? I'm not nearly as annoyed as I usually am.

Only thing that's bugged me tonight is cutting it very, very close on commercial breaks.

MANNY~!

It took a game, but we're getting the high quality series I predicted right now.

EDIT: MIKEY~! Sign this man.

Edited by KingPK

This is ridiculous, no way is this game over before midnight. This is why I hate the postseason as presented by the current television partners. There is absolutely no reason why the games can't start at 7:00 or 7:30.

This is ridiculous, no way is this game over before midnight. This is why I hate the postseason as presented by the current television partners. There is absolutely no reason why the games can't start at 7:00 or 7:30.

Especially in the east.

7th inning at 11:25. I'm setting the DVR till 3am and maybe I'll catch the end of it that way.

Guest Smues

Yeah they start too late. If the game goes into extra innings I might have to stay up until 9 to catch it all. Damn you FOX!

Game 3 is slated for a 7PM start on Monday.

I don't get it either. And it sucks because I'm closing at work on Monday and won't get out until 9:30 or so.

Edited by KingPK

Game 3 is slated for a 7PM start on Monday.

I don't get it either. And it sucks because I'm closing at work on Monday and won't get out until 9:30 or so.

They'll only be in the 5th by then.