TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Atticus Chaos

WWE/USA network update

40 Million subscribers!? I don't think that many people are interested subscribing to a channel devoted to saving the wildlife (or wrestling, if that's what you mean) Marv.

Why are you still trying to make this joke? Nobody had any response to it the first time, just give it up. You know what he means.

FFF, its because Marv still calls the promotion the WWF, five years after it changed its name.

Oh ya, I know..I understood the joke..I was just asking why he was still trying to make the joke after it had no response the first time.

I don't know, kinda like the RKO of botch, on Jericho, that he immediately repeated.

Maybe that's his inspiration.

That spot still makes me laugh when I see it on youtube.

Yeah, I admit I Bsichoffed the joke thinking maybe no one saw it the first time, but at least time I did it as the sub-point to my post (the 40M subscribers to a wrestling channel being a bit high being the main point I was going for).

And yes, Marv needs to get over it.

10 million would be a bit high. 40 million, for a startup network with no major corporation backing it, is lunacy. There are networks that have been around for years that aren't in 40 million households (GSN comes to mind).

They don't get 10 million people watching their free television shows. There's no way they'd get anywhere near that many paid subscribers for a channel aimed at such a niche subculture as wrestling.

In fairness, he means if WWE pushed it as a basic cable channel that got a tiny amount of money per subscriber.

Still a terrible idea, though.

I think after their brief fling of calling it "Quiznation" as part of the "Playmania Block" with that awful 100 Winners show, it's back to a cutdown schedule and only called Playmania again. I hate it when I tune in on a night I'm still awake and that man is hosting.