Sign in to follow this  
Conspiracy_Victim

RAW thread for 10/15

The new CS matches are

Matt Hardy Vs MVP

Boxing Match

MMA Match

Wrestling Match

MMA? Wow. We already saw a boxing match hyped between the two.

MMA huh? So a five minute video package, a fifteen minute intro and a 25 second KO? Isn't that The Undertaker's gimmick?

Burn.

So how would they make it a MMA match, for the sake of argument? Put a cage on it? Bring in an octagon? I mean, what can MMA fighters do (movewise) that wrestlers aren't (theoretically) allowed to do? Punches sure, but no-one except ROH's Pure division respects that. Make them fight in rounds? Put gloves on them? Or admit that wrestling is a work and MMA is a shoot, then run with a worked MMA match like Big Show vs Akebono's sumo bout?

Burn.

So how would they make it a MMA match, for the sake of argument? Put a cage on it? Bring in an octagon? I mean, what can MMA fighters do (movewise) that wrestlers aren't (theoretically) allowed to do? Punches sure, but no-one except ROH's Pure division respects that. Make them fight in rounds? Put gloves on them? Or admit that wrestling is a work and MMA is a shoot, then run with a worked MMA match like Big Show vs Akebono's sumo bout?

In WWE-land, it's a submission match. I'm shocked they are even offering actual physical action between the two. I was expecting "Sack race", "Spelling bee" and "Debate".

Guest whizzo

Why were they so terrified to mention that they were in birmingham?

Raw from the "United Kingdom" and my favourite " the part of the uk we are in"

very odd!

Why were they so terrified to mention that they were in birmingham?

Raw from the "United Kingdom" and my favourite " the part of the uk we are in"

very odd!

Well, I don't know my American cities well, but I know there's at least one Birmingham in Alabama.

Also, They had to say 'the part of the UK we are in' because when America think of England, they just call us 'the UK' - might have been confusing to the fans why the English fans wouldn't cheer the Scottish Highlanders.

It's like us referring to you guys simply as North America.

Raw did a 3.9 rating up from last week's 3.8

credit: Dave Meltzer

Just trolling through old threads (it's been a boring day here) & I came across this.

I guess the Raw Ratings aren't on the slippery slope as some people make out, seems like they've been slowly going downhill for a while.

So why the recent complaints, why now?

Just trolling through old threads (it's been a boring day here) & I came across this.

I guess the Raw Ratings aren't on the slippery slope as some people make out, seems like they've been slowly going downhill for a while.

Complaints from who? USA network or people on this messagebard?

If you mean from the network, I thinks it's because Bonnie's trying to take a more active role in whatever position she holds.

I don't recall them going below 3.0 at any point in 2003, unless maybe it was a Holiday show. Aside from the occasional nightmare rating like last week WWE's ratings for Raw have been stagnant for the past 5 years.

Just got around to watching a taping of this show, I was there in the crowd, and there's something that pissed me off. The crowd sounds shit on TV, compared to how it actually was live. On TV it sounds like there's 5 kids cheering and that's about it. The part of the crowd I was in was going nuts pretty much all the way through. Shitty Mic positioning I guess.

Complaints from who? USA network or people on this messagebard?

If you mean from the network, I thinks it's because Bonnie's trying to take a more active role in whatever position she holds.

Hammer is also unhappy because she was expecting Raw to get 4's and 5's.