TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

La Hacienda Esmerelda Coffee

I'm going to guess that any Chicago or NY TSM'ers have probably heard of Intellegencia Coffee and Tea company as I understand they're fairly big in those areas. So this company has exclusive rights to the beans of La Hacienda Esmerelda plantation which produces the most expensive coffee on earth and only sells it at certain times of the year, this time being one of them.

Anywho, there's a coffee place in Toronto (College and Bathurst, for those who live here) that has secured the rights to Intellegencia coffee products and I thus had the chance today to drop 15 bucks on a cup of La Esmerelda coffee. And it was actually worth it. Unless you are an actual coffee drinker instead of just somebody who does it out of habit I wouldn't recommend it because the taste is pretty complex and actually changes drastically as the drink cools down. But goddamn that was some good coffee. I don't know if I can ever say I've had the most expensive beer, wine, cheese or meat products this world can offer but I guess in terms of coffee I've hit the peak.

So if you don't mind dropping a disturbing amount of money on coffee get this shit soon because the stores that carry it will likely run out soon.

$15 isn't a lot of money in the grand scheme of things. What is it? One less copy of Hustler and Filet O' Fish value meal? I'd buy it.

Still, topping my list is the coffee where the animals eat the beans and shit them out (and also rat's milk cheese).

Guest Gym Class Fallout

Strange Catholic holidays don't improve the quality of the Filet-o-Fish, no.

I don't mind the Filet o Fish. I rather like fish sandwiches, but it's definitely my least favorite of the popular fast food fish sandwiches. Mostly cause it's the smallest. Sometimes that Jetsons food just hits the spot. BK Big Fish is pretty good, but I like the Carl's Catch from Carl's Jr. the best.

I don't know if I can ever say I've had the most expensive beer, wine, cheese or meat products this world can offer but I guess in terms of coffee I've hit the peak.

So if you don't mind dropping a disturbing amount of money on coffee get this shit soon because the stores that carry it will likely run out soon.

I'm afraid you cannot! Meet Kopi Luwak.

Guest Vitamin X

Okay, well then most expensive coffee in the world not made from weasel droppings.

I want to see if Stumptown or any other local place has this La Hacienda Esmeralda Coffee.

Okay, well then most expensive coffee in the world not made from weasel droppings.

I want to see if Stumptown or any other local place has this La Hacienda Esmeralda Coffee.

You can get a cup of Kopi Luwak at a place called Le Guerre (not sure if thats the correct spelling.) Its only $13 and its the only place in Portland that sells it. Its on 15th and Clinton in Southeast. Clinton being tucked in there between Division and Powell. They've got some good fucking coffee, weasel poop or not. You should check it out. Right down the street from Hammys.