TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Opening week

in a battle of my teams A and B, the Pistons smacked around the Magic by 24.

If this is how the Pistons are going to play for most of the season, look the fuck out. Flip Saunders, coaching a balanced offense and defense?? God forbid. The Magic made a mistake by making this game a statement game because the Pistons beat them eight times ina row, and they got slapped around pretty good

And I am going to say it a lot this season, but I love Jarvis Hayes' jump shot. That's about as sweet a shot as I have seen in awhile, both midrange and from three.

Speaking of bitchslappings, what the hell was wrong with the Suns?

They still can't defend big men. Now the entire country was able to see why the Lakers never want to trade Andrew Bynum. The Suns were forced to send a 2nd guy and were being killed by Vujacic and Radmanovic. That's when Kobe wasn't on the court, and when he was, they couldn't double Bynum at all.

They lost because it was game two of the season and they were all over the place. They were lost on switches and giving up wide open shots. So were the Lakers, only the Suns couldn't hit theirs. Hot shooting Lakers versus cold shooting suns. No biggie.

I would like to again point out to the people that said I was crazy for saying Turiaf has a offensive game. If he can stay out of foul trouble this year he could be really good. ALthough I totally expect Phil to move him to the bench for Lamar when he gets back.

Guest Vitamin X

Plus, they came in at 4am from their game the night before and pretty much sleepwalked through their game.

Let's not forget about that team up in Canada, either. 106-69 over the Nets tonight.

Don't worry, they're still gonna lay over and die when they see how great the Celtics are gonna be this year. I'm sure they'll lose by about fifty tomorrow.

Seriously though, that's game of the week in my opinion. I think the two will be battling it out all season long. It's unfortunate that it's on at the same time as Pats vs. Colts.

I am happy that JJ Barera is getting to get on the court so far this year (although that will drop off when Harris gets back). The kid is proving to be really good.

He was killing the Hawks the other night and scored 27 last night. He is like Earl Boykins with better decision making and pretty good on the ball defense.

And after watching Yi play a couple of times, I have to tell ya, this is going to be part two of the "Critics completely wrong about Chinese player." If you look back at the stuff they said about Yao now, you would laugh hard. Its going to be the same for Yi. The guy simply knows how to play, he can actually rebound well, is one hell of a athlete, finishes hard around the basket and that jump shot is nasty. If he learns to put it on the floor better, he will be tough.