TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Opening week

Last trade scenario just parlayed by Ric Bucher on ESPN. He said it was in discussions, but was not going to happen.

Kobe to Chicago

Ben Gordon and Kwame Brown to Sacramento

Ron Artest and Ben Wallace to the Lakers

If that deal went down today, we could just book Chicago in the Finals and get a contract started for OJ Mayo in Sacramento.

LA's offense would be absolutely abysmal.

...OK, they just said it was *P.J.* Brown going to the Kings, not Kwame. Um, what? P.J. isn't even on the Bulls anymore!

...OK, they just said it was *P.J.* Brown going to the Kings, not Kwame. Um, what? P.J. isn't even on the Bulls anymore!

I heard recently that PJ Brown was basically hanging around waiting for the Bulls to sign him to help match salaries in a potential Kobe deal.

Wow if that trade went down, John Paxson gotta be a frontrunner for GM of the Year award.

He'd be right there, but you still have to give it to Danny Ainge, who acquired two Hall of Famers by only giving up one player that stands a chance at making an All-Star game.

True, but it all depends. If Boston actually rose to the top of the East Conference this season and was a favorite going into the playoffs, then it's Ainge's award. If they don't and the Kobe/Hinrich-led Bulls got over the hump they're struggling on and went to the NBA Finals, then I think it's Paxson's award.

Guest Vitamin X

I wonder if, with Kobe and Garnett defecting to the East and making teams out there viable contenders, if the balance of power would shift (not necessarily) considerably with the East not being considered the weaker conference anymore.

L.A. Lakers star Lamar Odom was involved in a two car crash in Hawthorne, Calif., yesterday morning which sent one person to the hospital.

Police sources tell TMZ they are investigating Odom for allegedly running a red light in his Mercedes and T-boning a Geo Prism driven by a 37-year-old woman. Firefighters had to use the Jaws of Life to extract the victim from the wreckage. The victim's family tells TMZ that she is in serious but stable condition with a head injury and injuries to her left leg.

Sources tell us neither alcohol nor drugs were a factor in the accident, adding Odom stayed with the victim and was very concerned about her well being.

Odom's rep was not immediately available for comment.

Well, I still don't see anyone in the East beating San Antonio, Phoenix, or Dallas, and Utah is as good as any of those teams as well. It wouldn't be as big of a discrepancy as it has been over the past several years, but I think the East would still have to be considered the weaker conference based on that.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

Paxson isn't doing any of this trade. It's being handled by "higher authorities." God?

Why do people think Utah is that good? I figured them for somewhat of flukes.

They cruised to the Western Conference Finals last year and only got a sub-par year out of AK-47 in the process. They have a great young core, an excellent coach and some postseason experience. What's not to like?

I am not down on Utah or anything. I know very little of them outside the Spurs and Warriors series of the playoffs earlier this year. I don't know what they have going for them, but if that's true, okay then I understand where people are coming from.

There is no way any of those teams make that trade. The Lakers get nothing close to good value in two combustable players that don't particularly like each other that much, Sacramento adds Ben Gordon so that they can....um...what? Have him come off the bench for Kevin Martin? We all know who the future of the franchise is at the 2. And the Bulls get Kobe for nothing.

Come on now. The Lakers would be better off with Kobe for Gilbert straight up.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

Bulls don't like beating the Nets, do they. Best .500 team in sports history.

You're really taking this Portland thing and running with it, huh? You got a Columbia fleece and a Lucky Labrador t-shirt yet? Touting the virtues of PBR and Miller High Life?

You haven't been around for a while, have you. No Columbia fleece, though.

There is nothing good about PBR.

LIES

Been around Portland or TSM?

Pacers win a nail-biter against the Wizards, 119-110 in overtime, despite being without Jermaine O'Neal and Troy Murphy. Jamaal Tinsley was brilliant, 20/9/8 with only 1 turnover, and looked as happy as I've ever seen him out there. Solid showings from all parties involved. Arenas and Jamison made a lot of big plays for the Wizards, including the three at the buzzer by Arenas that sent it to OT.

I do have to say I'm a bit concerned with how Jermaine will hold up with this faster tempo, given his many lingering injuries.

Guest Vitamin X
You're really taking this Portland thing and running with it, huh? You got a Columbia fleece and a Lucky Labrador t-shirt yet? Touting the virtues of PBR and Miller High Life?

LIES

TSM. I know you've been here for a while.

LIES

TSM. I know you've been here for a while.

Oh, yeah, well hell. The more Portland we have around here the better. I actually live in LA now. Though Portland for 22 years.

Kobe's going to veto any trade that involves Luol Deng. ANY, as in, it could have the worst the Bulls have to offer with Deng, but if Deng's in it, no deal.

Fuck this dicksucker. Phil should make him rot on the bench for the rest of his contract.

That said, now the Lakers are going to play hardball and keep him until he opts out. They aren't going to let this bastard wreck their club without making his life hell. Put him on the inactive list for 2 seasons, grab a high pick in the next two drafts, and move on.

Kobe's going to veto any trade that involves Luol Deng. ANY, as in, it could have the worst the Bulls have to offer with Deng, but if Deng's in it, no deal.

Fuck this dicksucker. Phil should make him rot on the bench for the rest of his contract.

That said, now the Lakers are going to play hardball and keep him until he opts out. They aren't going to let this bastard wreck their club without making his life hell. Put him on the inactive list for 2 seasons, grab a high pick in the next two drafts, and move on.

I know that you're upset with Kobe, but the Lakers are the team that gave Kobe a full no-trade clause (the only one in the entire league, to my knowledge). He doesn't want to end up with the Bulls if they are going to be just as bad as the Lakers. His whole complaint since last trade deadline was that his team wasn't doing anything to try to be contenders.

I understand the team's decision to pick Kobe over Shaq, given their respective ages and ability. I do not understand the decision to keep Bynum over Kobe, and when you boil all this nonsense down, that's what's at the heart of this whole mess.

A full no-trade clause does not give a player the right to determine the exact deal that is composed in order to trade for him. That's what he's doing.

I just want the Lakers to put him on the inactive list for 2 seasons so it can be over with. He wants to play hardball in trade talks, the Lakers should play hardball and keep him from doing what he loves the most. It's not worth it to go around in circles about this shit, because what it's going to affect most is team chemistry. Kobe's going to play Kobe ball and not try to get his teammates the ball, so why play him? He can go play on his own team.

Or trade him for Gilbert.

A full no-trade clause does not give a player the right to determine the exact deal that is composed in order to trade for him. That's what he's doing.

Um, yeah, it kinda does.

No. The purpose of a no-trade is to veto destinations. Not negotiate the entire trade. Kobe's problem throughout his career is that he's unable to understand that he's not the General Manager of the Los Angeles Lakers. He is as much a part of this team's lack of success as anyone else. He wants to act like a GM, fine. Bench his fucking ass so nobody can have him.

I guess. To me, it just seems like he's trying to be more of a distraction. Next we're going to read about the water being too cold.

No. The purpose of a no-trade is to veto destinations. Not negotiate the entire trade.

Not really though. In that case, the contract would designate x number of teams that the player won't be traded to without permission. That's not what Kobe has in his contract. He has a full no-trade, allowing him to veto any trade that he doesn't find suitable for whatever reason. Altough Kobe might be my least favorite player in the NBA, it's the Lakers who got themselves into this mess.