TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The College Football Thread 11/1 - 11/4

Would you prefer Mangino?

I'd hope my suffocation was quick and painless

If by some chance it comes down to an Ohio State-KU title game, I might just have to quit.... really, I'd have to go for Ohio State, because the last thing I need to hear in-state is "Mangino 1, Snyder 0"

As an interested outsider, I'm curious about why so many people detest Mangino. Is it the obesity thing or something more sinister?

Well, I hate him for obvious reasons, although he can be quite the comic relief. Unfortunately that comic relief only happens when they're losing, so there's nothing funny about this situation.

I can't speak for people outside the state though. Any of the bad things he's done, like academic violations and getting banned from his kid's HS football games, don't have much bearing outside of the state. It's not like he's an ass at the level of Spurrier or Saban.

Even Notre Dame fans should be booing that call.

And it doesn't matter in the end. Navy finally does it.

Charlie Weis should be fired.

Charlie Weis wouldn't be able to get an offensive coordinating job in the NFL. That's how bad his decisionmaking has been this season.

If not for the gigantic contract extension, he'd be fired, with nobody in line to hire him. Why in the world did they go for it on 4th down near the end of regulation? And a run play from the one, when every single person in the stadium knows that's what you're going to do? Idiot.

Oklahoma State has blown a 21 point lead in the 4th to Texas.

UCLA continues to do what they do best, lose to bad teams. This time it is Arizona and now they are not even close to a lock to becoming bowl eligible. They have Arizona State, Oregon, and USC left on their schedule and they need to win at least one.

Alright, Navy!

The Oregon/ASU game is on FSN down here. I hate FSN. They dont even have the yellow first down line.

edit: FSN had ASU with 7 points when they really had 3. I hate FSN. I hate it so much.

Alright, Navy!

The Oregon/ASU game is on FSN down here. I hate FSN. They dont even have the yellow first down line.

edit: FSN had ASU with 7 points when they really had 3. I hate FSN. I hate it so much.

I'm supposed to be getting Missouri/Colorado on FSN but instead I'm getting high school football. I'll take the HS game, though.

USF/Cincy started great but it got really ugly in the second half.

Alright, Navy!

I'm supposed to be getting Missouri/Colorado on FSN but instead I'm getting high school football. I'll take the HS game, though.

USF/Cincy started great but it got really ugly in the second half.

I've got the Mizzou/Colorado game on some local channel here in Houston. KNWS 52

FCS Weekend Results...

12:00 PM - James Madison (261) @ Delaware (316)

- As pointed out elsewhere, Delaware wins 37-34. Omar Cuff ran for 101 yards and 3 TD. Griff Yancey ran for 171 yards with 2 TD and Antoinne Bolton ran for 172 yards and 2 TD for JM.

1:00 PM - Holy Cross (326) @ Fordham (265)

- Fordham won 24-21. For HC, Dominic Randolph threw for 309 yards and 3 TD. Jonte Coven ran for 167 yards and 1 TD for Fordham.

FCS Game of the Week - 1:30 PM - Georgia Southern (308) @ Wofford (334)

- Georgia Southern won 38-35 in a shootout.

2:00 PM - Appalachian State (310) @ Citadel (298)

- App. State won 45-24. Armanti Edwards ran for 291 yards and 2 TD. He also threw for 148 yards and 2 TD.

2:00 PM - Northern Iowa (250) @ Missouri State (327)

- Northern Iowa won 38-17. Eric Sanders threw for 199 yards and 2 TD.

2:05 PM - Southern Illinois (360) @ Western Illinois (240)

- Southern Illinois won 10-9. Herb Donaldson ran for 137 yards for WI.

5:07 PM - Illinois State (272) @ North Dakota State (326)

Other games...

Marist beat Georgetown 37-34 in 3 overtimes.

Austin Peay beat SE Missouri State 34-31 in 2 overtimes.

Jackson State beat Alabama A&M 43-40 in Overtime.

Montana held off Portland State 34-31. Drew Hubel threw for 404 yards but had 2 INT. For Montana, Lex Hilliard ran for 116 yards.

Ole Miss held off Northwestern State 38-31. Germayne Edmond threw for 250 yards and 1 TD with 1 INT.

Northeastern beat up on New Hampshire 31-13. Maurice Murray for Northeastern ran 55 times for 206 yards and 3 TD.

Furman beat Elon 52-49.

Sports Network Top 25 Teams "upset" today by unranked teams...

#3 Massachusetts

#8 New Hampshire

#14 Elon

#21 Alabama A&M

TD for Bama to make it 27-17.

AnM at OU starting soon and with the way things are going, I can only hope AnM pulls the upset over Oklahoma.

This is probably the best college football season I can remember. LSU came back quick with a TD of their own.

One other FCS score, North Dakota State defeats Illinois St. 54-28. It is truly a shame that NDSU can't be in the playoffs since they are ineligible due to the NCAA rules regarding their move to 1-AA.

Usually, I never comment during games, but I could just had a feeling Arenas (Gilbert's cousin) was gonna bust a return before this one was over with. Also, fairly amusing that some of Les Mile's cutesy shit has bitten him in the ass this game. Still not over yet, though...

LSU comes away with the win thanks to a tremendous sack / forced fumble by S Chad Jones, which gave the Tigers the winning TD.

Craig Steltz sealed the win by knocking the living shit out of the Bama WR and karring the ball loose for an incompletion on 4th down.

BTW, this just about clinches the SEC West for LSU. Alabama was the only one-loss team left in the West, so now LSU has at least a 2-game lead on Alabama and Auburn (head-to-head tiebreakers) and a 3-game lead on Mississippi State.

Ole Miss is currently 0-6 in the SEC, so they're out even before playing LSU.

The only way LSU loses the West is if they drop games to Ole Miss and Arkansas.

UConn can't get there... they lost to UVA and the rest of their schedule isn't enough to put them over the top.

UConn can't get there... they lost to UVA and the rest of their schedule isn't enough to put them over the top.

Right...what from nowhere undefeated team was I thinking of? Not Hawaii... oh well. Anything that doesn't involve Ohio State is what the nation wants.

If this holds up that'll make it LSU at #2 and Oregon at #3 now with both having very good chances at running the table. The wild card in this is Kansas as if you are a "the season is one big playoff" proponent the Jayhawks would have to be in the BCS Championship if they were to finish unbeaten. Of course if they were to beat Missouri and Oklahoma I'd imagine they'd hop LSU and Oregon anyways.

And BC is not out of it yet.

Looking like a hell of a finish in Boston. No idea why Boston College always waits for the 4th quarter to start playing offense.