TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JN News

Hogan's brief jobbing on Nitro '96

One question that I've been itching to ask is, what was the story behind Hulk Hogan actually being there to job to guys like Flair & Double A on Nitro back in 1996? Hogan has been known to not be willing to job to anyone in WCW, while he was there. So, what was the story?

Hadn't they been jobbing Flair in PPV main events for quite awhile by this time, and Arn wasn't much better off if I remember correctly. I don't know the true backstage reason, but maybe they felt it was a way to keep Flair and Arn over after all the losses.

Flair and Arn were losing so much on PPV that WCW had to let them get some wins back over Hogan in order to justify continuing to place them in high profile PPV matches. Otherwise they'd begin to be viewed as nothing but jobbers, although I think Uncensored 96 did a great job of that by itself.

I can honestly say I was in attendance the first time Flair pinned Hogan without a Dusty finish reversal (1/29/1996 at Nitro). I've never seen a World Title change live, but I've got that, so it's all good.