TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Yuna_Firerose

Looking to buy a new laptop. Recommendations?

Currently, I have a Dell Latitude 110L from two years ago. Yeah, ancient right? Hell it was basic even back then. Got it from college. The thing is good for basic web surfing, downloading, and ripping/burning DVDs, alhough ripping takes around two hours, and burning is around a half hour or so.

Intel Integrated Graphics... Yes, quite cringe-worthy. It runs Sims 2 and Vampire: Redemption quite well, however, I'd like to play Vampire: Bloodlines at a decent framerate/graphics setting.

So definetly seeking recommendations. I'm shopping around (not buying, just seeing what I can customize, how much things cost, etc). I'm looking for a laptop that will obviously run Bloodlines, good resolution for watching movies, multitasking with net things (surfing and downloading mostly, though Firefox does take up a lot of memory). No more than $1,000 and preferably less. Something that'll last, y'know? Bang for the buck and all that.

Current ones I'm considering: Dell Inspiron 1520 or HP dv6500z...

Guest suref142

It's great time to buy a new laptop. we can always get some cheap ones on Thanksgiving or Black Friday Sale. These days I also want to get one and search a lot online, Dell Vostro 1700 seems suitable for me to do some basic surfing/downloading/emails/etc. and it dropped a lot at this time, only $764 that sold for $1263, you can look up

http://www.dealstudio.com/viewtopic.php?t=33587

Odds are, when you get a new laptop, its going to have Vista on it. Even though I'm running Vista, I would recomend putting XP SP2 on it. You will be able to utalize your laptops potential a lot better without a resource hog of an OS installed.

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka

Dell is good.

Buy from their Small Business line. There's no crapware on those machines.

I bought a Dell notebook from their Small Business line in September 2006. I love it.