TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kinetic

The Hangover Thread

The guilt is the only thing keeping me from being a complete alcoholic. I hope that never goes away, anyways. I haven't even eaten anything today because of vomit possibilities.

Yeah, I'm the opposite. Guilt makes me drink more, in a "Fuck it now, man." kind of way. That's actually pretty common, to drink because you're depressed, when alcohol is itself a depressant... you can see where that leads.

Besides, alcohol is a very personal comfort. For example Marney is a complete alcoholic, and she seems very successful.

I would probably be better off in the long run if I had never tried it, but reports of my alcoholism have been greatly exaggerated.

I kind of agree that the guilt makes me drink more too. Its kind of a circle of "I made an ass of myself being drunk last night. I should get drunk tonight to forget about that problem." That goes on for a few weeks until I feel too guilty for even that and then I cut back big time.

I drink because I love loudly talking about how much I drank over the weekend w/ all my bros in class on Mondays. When those cute girls who sit in front of me overhear how totally fucking wasted I got at Sig Eps on Saturday I just know they'll be super impressed. High five!

Hey, I have classes cause of my DUI, I know all about that. But it does make you depressed.

Can, yes. If it always did, many people- myself included- wouldn't drink. But so many factors contribute to whether or not one's drinking experience is a positive one that anyone can go from one extreme to the other, like you described and I have done myself.

Oh yeah. That's definitely the case. My first couple years of regular heavy drinking were during the time I was depressed from a bad breakup. I rarely ate and I drank constantly, while occasionally consuming Vicodin and/or weed, for 6 months. It continued afetr that to a lesser degree.

I lost 60 pounds and a lot more during that time. If it happened now, I'd brush that shit off no problem. But I guess that's the point... I grew from the experience and it gave me the ability to do that.

Guest Vitamin X

I know several people who varying degrees of alcoholism regarding beer and liquor, and it just seems that whatever you drink less of, will fuck you up more. When I was younger, I drank much more liquor than beer/wine, and thus I remember getting fucked up off Bud Ice I think it was Halloween 2003. Granted, there was more alcohol that night as well, but the beer fucked me up. Nowadays, it's completely the opposite, but overall I handle my alcohol pretty well right now. I think not keeping around liquor in the house has kind of helped with not becoming a total lush, but since I'm becoming more frugal lately, I haven't given a shit recently, plus I'm trying to get in better shape with my friend's wedding (and thus his fiancee's hot friends) coming up in about a month so more liquor than beer because it's lighter on the ol' belly.

I like wine quite a bit, mostly because it'll get me sleepy faster and that's what I kind of like best most of the time that I drink.

It's odd...I always seem to do my best fucking when I'm drunk. I'm like the opposite of Whiskey Dick. I can fuck for hours on end as hard and fast as I want in any position compared to when I haven't been drinking, I don't have to pace myself at all as I would when I'm sober. It can be frustrating, though, because it takes forever to get off. There have been times in the past where getting off just doesn't happen and I have to fake it, which sucks. Even worse, I can't rub that one out until I've sobered up the next day.

It's odd...I always seem to do my best fucking when I'm drunk. I'm like the opposite of Whiskey Dick. I can fuck for hours on end as hard and fast as I want in any position compared to when I haven't been drinking, I don't have to pace myself at all as I would when I'm sober. It can be frustrating, though, because it takes forever to get off. There have been times in the past where getting off just doesn't happen and I have to fake it, which sucks. Even worse, I can't rub that one out until I've sobered up the next day.

There are different levels of drunkeness w/r/t sexual ability. If I'm just somewhat drunk then I can copulate for hours with no problem (and we all know about my history of prematurely ejaculating), but if I am completely hammered then I can't maintain an erection for any ammount of time whatsoever.

Some whiskey and 3 Vicodin and I ain't busting for at least 3 hours.

Oh yeah, I bought a couple bottles of liquor the other day, Jack Daniels being the main one. I haven't had any alcohol in any while... this is a just in case of emergency type of thing, like if shit goes bad. The Russian clerk looked at me with such sad eyes. I've never seen that look before. Fuck

I've got that look before. The worst being when I was hungover from the night before, was still drunk, went into buy a six pack at eleven something in the morning and got rejected by the clerk because it was sunday and i couldn't buy until after noon. I dont even think I got anything that day even after that.

I've bought liquor early in the morning (to drink), and never got sad eyes. Still, I think middle eastern liquor store owners are the most cold blooded motherfuckers on the planet. They kind of have to be. Anyway, I justified it with the old Lionel Hutz "It's 9:30 in the morning!" "Yeah, but I haven't slept in days."

Buying liquor for emergencies is a fool's game, though. If you really want it, it's not hard to get, no matter what time it is. Especially in LA.

Guest Vitamin X

Even easier to get any time you want in Miami; most people selling alcohol are just immigrants who don't know about last call and I've had alcohol sold to me on a regular basis at 3, 4 o clock in the morning.

But shit, here it's practically a necessity to stock up for emergencies. First, it's not like Cali where you can just walk into any ol' supermarket and get liquor, you have to go to a liquor store and buy liquor there, and then on top of that, unlike Florida which has the same rule, the liquor stores are open at entirely retarded hours here. There's only two in the Portland metro area that are open past 8pm, for example, and a lot of them close up shop at 6. Most people are barely on the way home from work at that time! At least there's one within walking distance open until 10 for me, and it's a long walk, but not that bad.

I mean, that's all made up by the fact that last call is at 2:30 here, so the bars are great fun and all, but shit. Fuck the OLCC.

But shit, here it's practically a necessity to stock up for emergencies. First, it's not like Cali where you can just walk into any ol' supermarket and get liquor, you have to go to a liquor store and buy liquor there, and then on top of that, unlike Florida which has the same rule, the liquor stores are open at entirely retarded hours here. There's only two in the Portland metro area that are open past 8pm, for example, and a lot of them close up shop at 6.

Wait, what? No wonder so many Portland residents are all about killing themselves.

Guest Vitamin X

Oh, that's more Seattle than it is Portland. I figure drinking's actually much easier there.

I woke up this morning in a pile of my own vomit that I did not even remember creating. I think that it might be the time for me to cease all drinking.

I've felt like shit all day, but I just started drinking again ten minutes ago. i'll feel better real soon huh.

i am not an alcoholic.