TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

This week in the NBA

The Blazers just beat Golden State and are now on a 5 game winning streak. The last two at Utah and home against Golden State they completely controlled the game, even without Lamarcus Aldridge. They're still really young and don't win on the road much, but they're gaining a lot of confidence and everyone on the team is playing well. James Jones coming back from injury has been a huge boost.

Brezec is soft, a jump shooting center who doesn't rebound very well, but Hermann was really good when he got time last year. I know they've got Richardson, Wallace and Carroll, but you'd think they could have got him on the court more often.

Eh, it's not a horrible deal for the Bobcats I guess, they need more depth up front and Nazr at least plays defense, but it's a great deal for the Pistons. Hermann could be a really good sub for them.

Mohammed does not play defense. He can rebound a little, and block a shot here and there, but he's overrated as a defender. Brezec can hit the open J, and Hermann is good.

Glad to see that deal made. Nazr was just rotting on the bench anyways. Nice to clear some cap space.

Breen just said that this is the largest basketball crowd ever in California. I can't believe that the Lakers never got one that big in the 80's (just over 20,000). Does anyone know what the Forum's capacity was?

Eh, I haven't really seen the guy play much the last couple years, but he used to be pretty solid fundamentally on D, making the right reads and rotations. Maybe he's lost a step or maybe it was just because he was the only Knick who gave a consistent effort on that end that he just looked good comparitively, I don't know, but he was solid