New Jersey @ New York, 7:30

Indiana @ Miami, 7:30

Philadelphia @ Cleveland, 7:30

Phoenix @ New Orleans, 8:00

Minnesota @ Milwaukee, 8;30

Dallas @ Houston, 8:30

Denver @ San Antonio, 8:30

Seattle @ Utah, 9:00

Jamal Tinsley was shot at this morning and the Pacers equipment manager was hit twice.

Apparently Tinsley and his friends were leaving a club, and noticed they were being followed. They pulled into a hotel and were shot at with a assault rifle.

Somehow, people will blame Tinsley for this.

Jamal Tinsley was shot at this morning and the Pacers equipment manager was hit twice.

Apparently Tinsley and his friends were leaving a club, and noticed they were being followed. They pulled into a hotel and were shot at with a assault rifle.

Somehow, people will blame Tinsley for this.

I'm certainly not blaming Tinsley but it is strange and kinda funny how this stuff keeps happening to the Indiana Pacers. Well as funny as an equipment manager being SHOT can be.

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise

Is like 80% of the crime in Portland and Indianapolis NBA-related?

Celtics aren't playing until Wednesday? And I'm working until midnight that day. Boo.

I'm really starting to get back into the NBA for the first time since Pitino's reign of terror. It's kind of nice to be able to look forward to something between the end of football season and Spring Training again.

Sometimes people in Boston act like they had the LA Clippers or something. They made the Conference Finals and had some memorable playoff games with Pierce and Walker.

Thats when you can separate real Celtic fans from bandwagon jumpers.

Its like the when I hear people say they were Hawks fans but the team has been bad since they traded Dominque, completely ignoring the Mookie, Steve Smith, Latner, Mutumbo teams that could have challenged for a championship if not for this one team in Chicago.

So you completely missed all of their success after Pitino got fired?

Yeah, both seasons of it.

Edited by KingPK

Pitino's "reign of terror" ended in 2001. The team finished well at the end of that year to get Celtic fans excited over the team with Jim O'brien at the helm. For the next 3 years they made the playoffs(bringing us to 2004). They missed the playoffs the last three years. And they will make the playoffs this year.

Three fucking years.

2004 really wasn't that long ago dude.

Edit:

Wait...forgot about them requiring Walker at the end of the 04-05 season. They made the playoffs that year too. And I remember Celtics fans being real excited about how well the team finished the year and got into the playoffs.

So we are TWO years removed from the team making the playoffs.

Oh the misery.

Pitino's "reign of terror" ended in 2001. The team finished well at the end of that year to get Celtic fans excited over the team with Jim O'brien at the helm. For the next 3 years they made the playoffs(bringing us to 2004). They missed the playoffs the last three years. And they will make the playoffs this year.

Three fucking years.

2004 really wasn't that long ago dude.

They were swept by the Pacers in the 1st round in '03-'04 when they lost 46 games and still made it in, proving that just making the playoffs in the NBA (especially when you were in the East that year) isn't that great a feat and lost in 7 again to the Pacers the next year. Forgive me if I wasn't giddily posting on these forums back then.

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise

The Knicks also made the playoffs that year. Also really bad.

This does bring up an interesting discussion of what constitutes unwatchably bad basketball. The Celtics were not entirely awful between Pitino and now, yet everyone talks about the whole thing as one big dark age for Celtics basketball. The Bucks have been in and out of the first round since their big 2001 run, yet that's also considered one big skid. The Bulls going from world champions to the bottom of the league for six years? Now that's a dark age.

The Knicks also made the playoffs that year. Also really bad.

This does bring up an interesting discussion of what constitutes unwatchably bad basketball. The Celtics were not entirely awful between Pitino and now, yet everyone talks about the whole thing as one big dark age for Celtics basketball. The Bucks have been in and out of the first round since their big 2001 run, yet that's also considered one big skid. The Bulls going from world champions to the bottom of the league for six years? Now that's a dark age.

Looking from the Celtics past, it sort of was for them. I mean in those years it was the first time since the start of the NBA is seems that the Celtics weren't a viable threat in the league. Call it being spoiled for a long time, but I can see the logic in that train of thought. It's not fair for say a Clippers fan, but I can see why they thought it was the end of the universe.

Josh Smith has stop shooting jumpers and man...the league is in trouble.

Another ridiculous night for him. If the Hawks keep the pace, he should be a allstar and get some looks for defensive player of the year.

As a Celtics fan, I think 1995 to 2001 were the dark ages for The Celtics. They probably began in '95 after the playoff series with The Orlando Magic. The last five or six years, while certainly shitty at times, weren't dark ages. We made the playoffs four times and made it past the first round twice. Maybe not up to the standards of the 80s but certainly not a dark age.

TJ goes out on a stretcher again.

Not a flagrant two by Horford though, but who cares. TJ went completely limp after the foul then hit the ground hard.

Hope he will be okay, although if it is another spinal injury, I hope he calls it a career. The guy is great and all, but its just not worth the risk.

You don't think yanking a guy backwards by the face to stop a layup is a Flagrant-2?

Thats not even close to what happened. TJ started up with one hand and turned for a reverse. Horford went for the ball and the block and TJ got hit in the face.

There was no yanking by the face. Come on now.

I saw the play live, and I stand by my statement: Horford didn't yank his face in the sense that he established a grip with his fingers around any part of Ford's head and pulled, but his forearm was across the length of Ford's face, and he was swinging his arm forcefully in one direction while Ford's head was moving in the opposite direction. That's close enough to yanking for my tastes.

I just saw the play, and I would have to say that's a fair call. It looked to me like Horford kind of hesitated in mid-air, then swung his arm anyway, with no chance at getting the ball.

I saw the play live, and I stand by my statement: Horford didn't yank his face in the sense that he established a grip with his fingers around any part of Ford's head and pulled, but his forearm was across the length of Ford's face, and he was swinging his arm forcefully in one direction while Ford's head was moving in the opposite direction. That's close enough to yanking for my tastes.

Mid air Lariato?

Horford is going to get suspended. I wouldn't say so had Ford not been injured, but since he is, Horford's going to sit for a few.

They might need to check the height of that rim. It might be off a inch or so, because I know some times people blow layups and shoot badly from the freethrow line, but jesus.