TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thoth

TSM Wii Virtual Console Gift Exchange

So, the VC Gift giving thing is out. I was wondering if anyone was interested in participating in a TSM Secret Santa of sorts.

Basic ideas:

People choose to participate.

For every person participating, they give one VC game to someone else in the list of people, randomly chosen (I'll draw names out of a hat and PM people)

You can choose whatever VC game you want to give.

If you gift a game that is generally agreed upon to suck, you may be subject to public humiliation.

To participate, you have to be on the list of Wii Numbers.

I imagine if I get at least 5 people, it'll be worth doing. Anyone interested?

Current List of Participants:

United States:

Thoth

Smues

UTBroward

AndrewTS

MarvinIsALunatic

UK:

luke-o

No Country Specified:

LJSexay

Guest Chopper_Kingpin

How does this work exactly? I have Virtual Console games now. Do i give those to people or do i buy games on the shop channel to give away? If i give a gift of my game do i still keep it as well? This is the first i've heard of this.

In the Shop Channel, now, when you select a game, you have the option to buy it for yourself, or for someone else. That's all.

So, to answer your questions:

You buy games on the shop channel to give away.

The second question is moot, since if you gift a game you already own, you still have to pay for it. So it's not removed from your list.

I'm in. Games I own:

Sonic 3

Mario 3

Paper Mario

Super Probotector

Story of Thor

Sin & Punishment

King of Fighters 94

Guest Smues

I would imagine it won't let you gift duplicates, but anyway.

Games I own:

Zelda 2

Neutopia

Neutopia 2

R-Type

Sim City

Super Castlevania

Contra 3

Mario Kart 64

Super Metroid

Mario 64

Star Fox 64

Paper Mario

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Bonk's Adventure

I may be forgetting one or two, I'll check when I'm home.

Im in as long as everyone posts the VC games they already have so theres no duplication.

You can't. If you try to gift a game to someone, and they already own that game, you get an error.

Count me in. Question, though--when would we be doing the gifting? Come xmas time or sooner? There may be a big game to come in the next few weeks.

My current games:

Gunstar Heroes

Mario 64

Beyond Oasis

Devil's Crush

Alien Crush

Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past

Bonk's Adventure

DKC

DKC2 : Diddy's Kong Quest

Splatterhouse

Castlevania

Super CV4

Dragon's Curse

Kirby's Adventure

The lack of Zelda is due to me owning every Zelda game on the service in at least 2 other forms, BTW.

I also own most of the great games available on the channel in other forms. All of the Sonics, Mario Kart, Super Metroid, etc. It might be tricky to not end up with dupes for some people.

I'd like to do this starting next Monday. Ideally, actually doing this shouldn't take more than a day, though, so we could do it on Christmas Eve. However, people might be travelling, so I'd like to set a window for between the 17th and the 23rd.

Therefore, I'd like to get everyone signed up by the 16th, so I can draw names out of hats.

Other ideas:

If someone flakes out, can something be done to them? I.E. Can an admin screw with their account to change their avatar or sig? Is that even necessary?

I'm in, this sounds almost... fun-community-like =0!

I actually have very few VC games.. call me poor college graduate

Mario 3

Super Mario World

Bonk 2

hahaha.. that's it =X. I'd totally get things like Metroid and Zelda if I could have some damn money left over from bill paying and... Wii game buying. gaH!

Something that may need to be kept in mind for the non-North-American posters: probably you can't gift VC games cross-region, so luke-o who is in Europe or UK may only be able to exchange from another person on that region.

Guest Smues

As the only admin in this thing so far I'm going to pull the dictator card and lay down the following 2 rules:

1. If you commit to this then back out after the draw bad evil things will happen to you. (If you back out only, if you just can't do it because of cross regional bullshit then no harm shall come to you, even though you're an unamerican commie)

2. If you gift Urban Champion you'll be banned. And possibly killed.

OMG SECRET NAZI MOD!

King of Fighters 94

Wait! How come you damn European's get KOF94?! :(

dodgeball.jpg

Because we're better than you. And we know it :P

Do we also think it would be good idea for people to create wishlists? So as not to send them something thats.. you know... shit?

Other than my basic guidelines of "Don't flake out", I don't care what you guys do.

I sent UTBroward a birthday present to try out the service. If you can't figure out how to use it, you are braindead.

I have some bad news: Gift-giving isn't just region-locked, it's COUTNRY-locked. A US gamer, apparently, can't gift a game to a Canada player.

If we still want to do this, we'll have to split the pools up by country.

...and now, a list of the VC games I already own:

Mario Bros

Bomberman 93

Super Mario 64

Donkey Kong

Ice Hockey

Soccer

Super Mario Bros

Mario Kart

Super Mario World

Tecmo Bowl

Excitebike

Punch Out!

Super Mario Bros 2

Super Mario Bros 3

and thanks to Thoth, Breath of Fire 2

As you can see, heavy on the sports and Mario. I saw that Double Dribble is up for DL.. might hold off on it till after the secret santa VC event.

Alright. There seems to be some confusion online as to whether you can send games between certain countries. The EU is certainly in question.

But for the time being, I'm going to need your countries of residence. I'll update the main list accordingly.

If I somehow get my system back online in the next two weeks I'm in, but if I've already been unmotivated enough to look into the problem for several months, I don't see me suddenly finding the extra time to devote to this now. Anything is possible though.