TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thoth

TSM Wii Virtual Console Gift Exchange

I have some bad news: Gift-giving isn't just region-locked, it's COUTNRY-locked. A US gamer, apparently, can't gift a game to a Canada player.

If we still want to do this, we'll have to split the pools up by country.

Lame. There's like absolutely no difference between content offered between US and Canada Wiishops.

I'm in USA.

I second death or banning of anyone who gives Urban Champion.

Alright, I haven't heard a lot of response. I don't have countries for Marvin and LJSexay, and I'm not going to assume they're in the US (I'm sure some of you know, but I don't).

I really don't have enough people to justify doing this yet. If Marvin and LJ are in the US, that's six. Sorry, luke-o.

Yeah, that should be enough.

I just figured everyone would hop on board. Also, country lock? Seriously? I can understand region lock, maybe, but come on.

Yeah, that should be enough.

I just figured everyone would hop on board. Also, country lock? Seriously? I can understand region lock, maybe, but come on.

post-2289-1197590168.jpg

Alright, I haven't heard a lot of response. I don't have countries for Marvin and LJSexay, and I'm not going to assume they're in the US (I'm sure some of you know, but I don't).

I really don't have enough people to justify doing this yet. If Marvin and LJ are in the US, that's six. Sorry, luke-o.

:(

Alright.

At 12:01 AM Eastern Monday morning, I'm closing this to new signups. I'll then decide who is participating, and PM you with the person you are giving a gift to.

Smues, I'm counting on you to punish the defiant.

Guest Smues
Alright.

At 12:01 AM Eastern Monday morning, I'm closing this to new signups. I'll then decide who is participating, and PM you with the person you are giving a gift to.

I'm serious about Urban Champion. Gift it for this dealy and you're gone. I'm not imposing any other restrictions on this thing, but I would hope that everyone would gift something they themselves enjoy, or would expect the giftee to enjoy. Picking something you know they'll hate on purpose is kind of stupid in a secret Santa deal. Anyway, the spirit of this thing is to gift something you think the giftee will ike, but just A. actually make your gift, and B. don't gift Urban Champion, and send the wrath of ... uhh... something, down on you!

Alright.

I'm serious about Urban Champion. Gift it for this dealy and you're gone. I'm not imposing any other restrictions on this thing, but I would hope that everyone would gift something they themselves enjoy, or would expect the giftee to enjoy. Picking something you know they'll hate on purpose is kind of stupid in a secret Santa deal. Anyway, the spirit of this thing is to gift something you think the giftee will ike, but just A. actually make your gift, and B. don't gift Urban Champion, and send the wrath of ... uhh... something, down on you!

So anything else, even if it's generally agreed to suck, like China Warrior, is okay? Are you sure?

PM's have been sent out. If you are Smues, UTBroward, AndrewTS, or MarvinIsALunatic, and you did not get a PM, PM me immediately so I can tell you whom you are buying for.

Your deadline to purchase a game for someone is December 31.

Alright, so I guess anyone that hasn't already.. post up a list of what VC games you have, and maybe a small "wish list" of VC games you'd like to own. I'll probably go about adding the list of people in this thread to my friend's list at some point tonight too..just gotta pull up the number's list again

My preferences:

I have the Sega Genesis Collection, and the Genesis games that are not on that collection, but are available on the VC I either own, or don't care about. So please avoid Genesis games.

Beyond that, I'm open to a lot of games, with a preferences towards Super Nintendo games.

My preferences:

I have the Sega Genesis Collection, and the Genesis games that are not on that collection, but are available on the VC I either own, or don't care about. So please avoid Genesis games.

Beyond that, I'm open to a lot of games, with a preferences towards Super Nintendo games.

I also own the Genesis collection, I'm not wild on shmups, have all the Genesis Sonics in multiple forms, all of the Zeldas, the SNES heavy-hittings (Super Metroid, Super Punch Out, Mario Worlds, Super Mario RPG, Star Fox, Actraiser, etc). I also have the Fatal Fury Battle Archives, don't care about Art of Fighting, etc.

EDIT: I also have Cybernator for SNES, which just came out on Virtual Console.

If somebody gets a dupe of a game they want on cartridge and don't want the VC, they can choose to return it, of course, but I'd say then the gifter should perhaps try again or see if there's a wish list for that person.

didn't get a PM, buttt..

I don't really care what I get. I haven't really played any (ANY!) of the old Metroid games, and very little of Zelda so.. those would be cool 8-).

LJ, I didn't add you to the list of confirmed people in the US. My apologies.

If you didn't get a PM though, you should have notified me right away.

I know I bought my game for someone, and Marvin did as well.

If there's anyone who hasn't purchased a game yet, is there any way we can squeak LJ in here? So that, someone buys their game for LJ instead, and LJ gives a game to someone else instead? Or are we too late?

LJSexay: Situation resolved. Check your Wii inbox in the near future.

To he who sent a PM to me volunteering to fix this situation: Thank you so much.

Guest Smues

So did everybody get and give their gifts? I know the deadline hasn't passed yet but I think most everybody is already done. Gifting turned out to be a partial pain in the ass, as I had to send to Lj twice, and downloading a game from Thoth froze my Wii with the only fix to be unplugging the power and starting over, but it all worked in the end. Andrew is the man sending me gunstar heroes, a sega game I somehow managed to never even hear of. Which is too bad as I would have loved it as a kid.

I also got Mario 3 from LJ since I ended up being his secret Santana too, and that's always a great choice. Must find warp whistles!

And then I just got ActRaiser from Thoth because I'm just that cool and because I saved the day. Never played ActRaiser, so I'm looking forward to that one too.

As for giving I gave UT DoubleDribble because he mentioned wanting it. Never played it myself so hopefully it's good. LJ got Super Metroid because he mentioned not having any of those, and Super Metroid is the shit.

So ho ho ho Metroid Wiiness (huhuhuh) to all, and on the odd chance someone didn't get anything come the deadline let me know and I'll smite the wicked with my...umm...smite hammer!

Andrew is the man sending me gunstar heroes, a sega game I somehow managed to never even hear of. Which is too bad as I would have loved it as a kid.

Heh, no problem. What made it a good choice, I thought, because its quality/obscurity, was that it wasn't on a compilation already except for the Japan-only Treasure Box.

Thoth got me Waverace, and as I mentioned before ChrisMW got me Neutopia 2. I got Chris Actraiser.

I got Super Ghouls N' Ghosts, which is the one game that I already own in cartrdge form that, more than any other, I would pay for again.