TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

NASCO

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20070827/hayes

Money quote:

And this NAFTA Superhighway, as it is called, is just the beginning, the first stage of a long, silent coup aimed at supplanting the sovereign United States with a multinational North American Union...

Grassroots movement exposes elite conspiracy and forces politicians to respond: It would be a heartening story but for one small detail.

There's no such thing as a proposed NAFTA Superhighway.

Real or otherwise, this highway doesn't sound like a bad idea. A North American Union could do a lot of good. The same standards and ID Cards for all three countries would solve a lot of problems and maybe even a common currency.

Real or otherwise, this highway doesn't sound like a bad idea. A North American Union could do a lot of good. The same standards and ID Cards for all three countries would solve a lot of problems and maybe even a common currency.

Well, except for the rebellions and drug wars in Mexico, sure.

I think its been Glenn Beck whos been harping on this for the last few weeks.

The main road (I-69)from Canada through the US to Mexico is supposedly going to be 400 yards wide with no off ramps and computer controlled guidance or something so that the Mexican drivers dont kill people in their trucks. Just recently the Mexican truck drivers got the right to drive anywhere they want in the US in their trucks for deliveries even though the qualifications for driving a truck in Mexico are laughable at best and the trucks aren't too much better either. They had been previously restricted to an up to 20 mile buffer zone along the border.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

They want to expand 69 THAT much? Jesus. It's a pretty pissant stretch of interstate as-is. Indianapolis to the Canadian border.

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise
The main road (I-69)from Canada through the US to Mexico is supposedly going to be 400 yards wide with no off ramps and computer controlled guidance or something so that the Mexican drivers dont kill people in their trucks.

Will the NAFTA Superhighway be four football fields wide?

There is no new, proposed NAFTA Superhighway....

The main road (I-69)from Canada through the US to Mexico is supposedly going to be 400 yards wide with no off ramps and computer controlled guidance or something so that the Mexican drivers dont kill people in their trucks.

The land rights in Texas and other states are already being acquired, so unless its to build a really big road for super sized SUVs no one drives anymore, then I dont see how it could be for any other reason.

and Glenn Beck isn't that bad. The Radio show is 10x better than the tv show.

though he is a mormon so..yeah..he's gotta be evil or something.

The land rights in Texas and other states are already being acquired, so unless its to build a really big road for super sized SUVs no one drives anymore, then I dont see how it could be for any other reason.

Acquired by whom? People buy land in Texas (and every other state) all the time.

o

ok thanks 4 u clearing that up

Um, just in the greater Houston and Dallas areas there are like 30 Highway projects going on. So you can't count this state in terms intercontinental highway projects. Because they are just building highways for the sake of building.

I wish the stretch of U.S. 12 from about Richmond to Palatine would be four football fields wide. Way too much traffic in that corridor for two lanes in a lot of places.

On that note, this whole four football fields wide! thing is so ridiculously sensationalistic that I have this urge to start describing everything as eventually being four football fields wide! Are they counting endzones? They say 400 yards, but that's 80 yards short of four football fields from back-of-the-endzone to back-of-the-endzone, so maybe it's just three football fields plus the penalty yards for kicking out of bounds from your own 30.

Acquired by whom? People buy land in Texas (and every other state) all the time.

The states are getting the land through that wonderful concept called eminent domain, wherin you lose your property and get little to no compensation for it, because your land is needed for the greater good of the people, and theres nothing the landowners can do to fight it.

odd, the only two new construction projects around here are beltways around suburban Dallas/Fort Worth and suburban Houston. Also, what land is being taken by E.D? Anytime that is being used it becomes major news stories to the local area. Plus if they were going to do that they would finish State Highway 249 and not leave the highway cut up and broken apart.

BTW: why make this big highway when NYC, Toronto, Montreal, DC, Philly, and Miami are not even on any kind of link or spur to this thing? This is like building an autobahn and not linking Berlin.

And it doesn't reach the west coast, either! How is NoCalMike gonna get a free trade shitload of nachos?

By the way, I noticed that this map is the first image given on Gogole Image Search for "NAFTA superhighway," so I'm led to believe that Mike heard the term somewhere, googled it, and took the first thing he found.

And it doesn't reach the west coast, either! How is NoCalMike gonna get a free trade shitload of nachos?

By the way, I noticed that this map is the first image given on Gogole Image Search for "NAFTA superhighway," so I'm led to believe that Mike heard the term somewhere, googled it, and took the first thing he found.

I think I googled the map after I watched the youtube video. I have heard grumblings of this before. I neither buy into it, nor put it outside the realm of possibility, I just wanted to see if others had heard of it and what they thought.