TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanhalen

Ike Turner Dead

Just breaking news at the mo, not a lot known

US soul pioneer Ike Turner dies

US musician Ike Turner, the former husband of Tina Turner, has died at the age of 76.

He died at his home near San Diego, California. There was no immediate word on the cause of death.

He rose to fame in the 1960s, and is best remembered for his musical partnership and stormy marriage with Tina Turner.

He abused her, but somewhat rehabilitated his image in his later years, winning a Grammy in 2007.

US soul pioneer Ike Turner dies

US musician Ike Turner, the former husband of Tina Turner, has died at the age of 76.

He died at his home near San Diego, California. There was no immediate word on the cause of death.

He rose to fame in the 1960s, and is best remembered for his musical partnership and stormy marriage with Tina Turner.

He abused her, but somewhat rehabilitated his image in his later years, winning a Grammy in 2007.

Um... Old age, maybe?

Which pro athletes will be inspired by this fucker's death?

What the fuck is that supposed to mean, and what does pro sports have to do with Ike Turner's death?

Even though he was a pretty terrible dude, he was partly responsible for Tina Turner becoming what she was. Glad to see he somewhat seemed to turn his life around at the end.

Any songs that will remind you of Ike Turner?

Dead Milkmen's "Gonna Beat My Wife"

Glad to see he somewhat seemed to turn his life around at the end.

Well, if you put it that way then I geuss I have no right to make fun of the guy.

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise
Even though he was a pretty terrible dude, he was partly responsible for Tina Turner becoming what she was.

Asskickings build character!

"Don't be crying, Kevin Nealon! I love you, baby!"

Ha! I had fogotten that, thanks!

TiMe-Ike%20Turner.jpg

You're welcome.

All fucked up wife beating tendacies aside (which were probably made to look worse than they were by the movie, he still beat his wife, thus makes him quite the asshole), the dude was indeed a musical genius.

And like most of them, he was probably a pretty fucked up person.

But honestly, you owe most of the great music in the last 50 years in some part to Ike Turner.

You aren't really trying to argue that Ike Turner wasn't a musical genius are you? Because that would be kinda unsmarterer than calling him a good man.

Not to excuse the guy, but lesser musicians have got away with doing worse.

Vince Neil says hello!

"Rocket '88" is often credited as the first rock and roll record and that was years before he was with Tina.

Yeah he's an asshole and I don't want to excuse any of his actions whatsoever, but I also think he's one of the unsung originators of rock and roll.

You aren't really trying to argue that Ike Turner wasn't a musical genius are you? Because that would be kinda unsmarterer than calling him a good man.

Unsmarterer???

And not that Proud mary wasn't a cool song before, but his arrangement on the cover was pretty amazing.

it was a travesty of the original :(