TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jaxxson Mayhem

ESPN's Stuart Scott Has Cancer, But Will Be Back on the Air Friday

We noted last month that Stuart Scott had left the set of ESPN's Monday Night Football broadcast suddenly because he needed an emergency appendectomy. An appendix removal is usually not a major procedure, and it was a surprise that he hasn't yet returned to the air.

Today Scott revealed why: Doctors found that the appendix was malignant, and he needed a second surgery to remove surrounding tissue. Today Scott released the following statement through ESPN:

"Talk about a shocker," Scott said. "But I feel good, am in great hands medically and the doctors are confident they got all the bad stuff. I'm not the type of guy to let this eat up my life. I've got strong faith and family and friends who are tackling this with me. I can't find the words to express how much I appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers. I probably won't be able to get back to you all; but know it means a ton."

You can hear Scott talk about his prognosis here. He says doctors expect him to make a full recovery after chemotherapy and that he will be back on ESPN Friday. He even finishes the statement with his signature "Boo-yah."

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/12/20/...n-the-air-frid/

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise

I blame it on those carcinogenic studio lights to which he was so overexposed.

Guest Moots

He shouldn't come back on air.......

with the health problems and all, and with the him being my second only to Pierre McGuire on my list of "People I hate in sports"

I do hope he beats the cancer, but I also do hope he gets a new day job.

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise

I didn't think it was wise for Ernie Johnson to go on the air when he was fighting cancer. I think the whole TNT desk is great, but it was uncomfortable to see him in that condition, with no hair, weakened voice, and what looked like an egg protruding from his neck.