The last week of the NFL season.

Who is the MVP of the league?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Tom Brady
    • Sean Taylor

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise
btw

The other element of this is that when the Bears were in the Super Bowl last year and I was really obnoxious and insufferable, it wasn't so bad for everyone else, because hey, there's only one of me. Multiply me by 20 in various forms, New Me, Old Me, Straight Me, Gay Me, Mentally Unstable Me, Irretrievably Retarded Me, and so on down the line, and you guys would want to just give up the place entirely.

I don't think dealing with the motley crew of ya Packers fans here (Cuban hippie, Southern stoner, Canadian automaton, and local cunt) would be any more preferable

3 of the 4 are my board buddies. I don't know anything about Kahran Ramsus. I think he might be gay. I think HarleyQuinn is gay too.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Y'know, I like Robbie Gould. Chicago really has one of the best Special Teams in the league.

Green Bay goes for the surprise onside-kick but apparently didn't let anybody but the kicker know. 4 or 5 Packers literally avoided the ball. Did they think it was a punt?

Yeah, but I hear that our special teams coach is highly sought after for a head coaching position, so I don't know how long that novelty is gonna last.

I like Robbie Gould a lot too.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

After thinking about it, that's true.

Best return man ever, great kicker, and they block a lot of kicks. Great in coverage, too.

Speaking of special teams, you'd think the Colts would have a great kick return coverage unit, but they don't. Fucked up, since their entire defensive philosophy is based on team speed, vision, and good tackling fundamentals.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Are they weak enough to choke in the first round? I'm trying to picture a second round with New York involved, just to sicken the earth.

We're going to lose Bernard Berrian, aren't we. One of two outcomes:

1) Some team overpays a #2 receiver and gives him #1 and he doesn't justify his contract

2) He takes the league minimum for the honor of playing with Tom Brady and the Patriots

Don't buy the Jacksonville erection. The Colts swept these guys this season, including one shitkicking, and no one can be favored in New England, period. They don't exactly have big play potential through the air, either.

Running the ball and playing tough defense is great and all, but they're beatable.

The way I see Jacksonville winning is doing what they did in the first half of that game against Indy last year: run the ball and completely dominate the TOP (yeah, they ended up losing that game, but still...) and turning it into a 20-17 type game. Of course, then they'd have to stop the Brady-to-Moss connection or keep Welker from getting YAC out the ass after every catch to do it.

No, because the real Eli Manning will eventually show up. I could see the Bucs going as far as the conference championship game, but it's tough to imagine them beating, say, Green Bay in Green Bay in January.

I'd like to know why we're getting the Jacksonville-Houston game now instead of the Broncos-Vikings at 3, since this is a secondary market for Denver

I don't get the point of being a Packer fan if you don't live in or near Wisconsin. I question the point of any long-distance sports fandom, but the Packers more than any team. You're just not getting the full experience.

I don't get the point of being a Packer fan if you don't live in or near Wisconsin. I question the point of any long-distance sports fandom, but the Packers more than any team. You're just not getting the full experience.

I don't really get this either. But I don't wanna be alone!

Guest Tzar Lysergic
We're going to lose Bernard Berrian, aren't we. One of two outcomes:

1) Some team overpays a #2 receiver and gives him #1 and he doesn't justify his contract

2) He takes the league minimum for the honor of playing with Tom Brady and the Patriots

Number one is what will happen. Buffalo or KC. Some shit like that. Re-signing Briggs is the real problem. He's going to want a fortune, so the front office will do the same shit they did last year.

Is your period key broken, Slayer? I haven't seen one recently.

That's been my thing for awhile now. I just don't put periods at the end of my closing sentences. Don't ask why

Well, I mean, it's not really the same if you're not immersed in media coverage, fellow fans, the whole atmosphere. You can't go to Friday Fish Fry and be a Jacksonville Jaguars fan. That doesn't make any sense. The Green Bay Packers are part of Wisconsin culture, to me, at least.

I'm still not sure what to think of Garrett Wolfe. I like what I've seen when Ron Turner doesn't use him in dumb situations, but can he hold up? He's tiny.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Is "Bubba Franks" a local sausage product yet? If not, I'm moving to Madison and starting a business.