TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk 34

ROH NYC Weekend Shows (12.29-PPV, 12.30-Final Battle 2007)

Saturday Night (PPV)

Ring of Honor World Title

Nigel McGuinness Vs Austin Aries

World Tag Team Titles

2 out of 3 Falls

Briscoes Vs Rocky Romero and Roderick Strong

Grudge Match #1

Takeshi Morishima Vs Bryan Danielson

Grudge Match #2

Claudio Castagnoli Vs Chris Hero (If CC loses, he leaves ROH)

Tag Team Scramble

Ruckus and Jack Evans w/Smokes Vs Kevin Steen and El Generico Vs Jimmy Jacobs and Tyler Black Vs Adam Pearce and BJ Whitmer

Non Title

Sara Del Ray Vs Lacey Vs Daizee Haze

Jigsaw Vs Necro Butcher Vs Matt Cross

Plus: Naomichi Marufuji, Delirious, Davey Richards, Erick Stevens and MORE!

Special guests: Tammy Sytch, Bushwhacker Luke, Daniel Puder

Sunday Afternoon (Final Battle 2007)

ROH World Title

Elimination Match

Austin Aries/Nigel McGuinness Vs Takeshi Morishima Vs Bryan Danielson Vs Chris Hero

Stipulation to be Determined

Jimmy Jacobs and Tyler Black Vs Briscoes

FIP Heavyweight Title

Roderick Strong Vs Erick Stevens

Tables Are Legal

Delirious, Kevin Steen and El Generico Vs Hangmen 3

Grudge Match (Only if CC wins on 12/29)

Claudio Castagnoli Vs Larry Sweeney

Special Challenge

Necro Butcher Vs Jack Evans

Also: Davey Richards, Rocky Romero, Marufuji

Special Guests: Bushwhacker Luke and Daniel Puder

I'll be there for both nights and front row! I'm pretty damn excited. I'm most looking forward to Aries vs Nigel, Claudio vs Sweeney (hopefully), AOTF vs The Briscoes and Danielson vs Morishima IV. It's going to be a damn good weekend.

Bushwacker Luke? I hope he turns out to be Bobby Dempsey's bastard father or somethign.

ROH sure loves the 2/3 falls matches. I'm guessing Briscoes in two straight?

ROH has done a great job of building up Briscoes and their dominance in 2/3 falls matches. When a team finally scores a fall (not a victory, just a fall) over the Briscoes, it'll be huge.

Rising Above Results (ongoing)

*Bushwhacker Luke taken out by Albright and Adam Pearce*

1. Daizee pins Lacey in 3 way with Sara Del Ray

*Post match*- Lacey trashes Sunny. Sunny and Haze beat Lacey down

2. Delirious (in red and black) d. Brent Albright via roll up

3. Steen and Generico win scramble over AOTF, VS and Hangmen 3

4. Davey Richards d. Erick Stevens via distraction from Daniel Puder.

5. Claudio d. Hero

6. Nigel d. Aries in bloody match

7. Necro wins 4 Way Fray over Cross, Franklin and Jigsaw

8. Danielson d. Morishima via DQ

9. Briscoes d. NRC 2-1. (Briscoes' streak ends)

10. Marufuji d. Claudio Castagnoli

*Post-Match*- SNS attack Claudio, Stevens makes the save attempt but fails. Puder locks Claudio.

Just got back. We had a lot of fun. Aries vs Nigel was off the charts insane. I LOVED Puders role for the show. Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow with him.

I got to meet Sunny. She seemed so enthusiastic to everyone. I ended up getting a picture of me pointing at her huge tits. I missed the first half hour of the Raw Anniversary a few weeks ago so I only heard how great Sunny looked. It's amazing how good she looks now, especially after watching Hardcore Homecoming. She was a mess on that show. Anyway, tonight, everyone was just staring at her. Venue security guards left their post and were all googly eyed and shit over her. It was hilarious.

I'm glad Puder joined Sween and Sour. That is one hell of a stable.

Hangman three are god awful. Especially Whitmer. That guy has to have naked pictures of Gabe or something.

I'm glad Puder joined Sween and Sour. That is one hell of a stable.

Hangman three are god awful. Especially Whitmer. That guy has to have naked pictures of Gabe or something.

I don't know what it is about Whitmer. He's got the ability and talent, it's just that he can never seem to get the ball rolling. After the CZW feud and Jimmy Jacobs feuds he should have been a STAR. But nothing ever came from it. The guy just needs some sort of personality transplant or something.

His entire ROH run has been completely average. From his tag title run with Dan Maff (which was completely forgettable) to his joke team with Jimmy and then the serious push of him and Jimmy, to Lacey's Angels and feuding with Jimmy (which he lost) and then to the CZW feud (which, he was pushed and technically won the feud for ROH by going over Necro at War of the Wire) but really, did it do much for him? Then he is teamed with Albright and Pearce and still can't get over.

He's had some good brawls, but he's completely bland. Which is funny because that was his major complaint 5 years ago, as well. At least Roderick Strong can get some sort of reaction from the crowd nowadays.

I think that Whitmer has shown personality at time, but it seems that maybe he loses confidence in himself from watching him. He was amazing at certain times of the last few years with the stuff mentioned, but it seems like he's had trouble maintaining it. That's why he's been put with a guy who has a strong personality like Pearce so that maybe Whitmer will learn a few things I believe.

Matt Cross & Bobby Fish vs Jigsaw & Ruckus: good opener fish had some good power moves all looked good jigsaw wins with the gintonic ***

Larry Sweeney v. Claudio:SnS out with Puder Sweeney in a suit Puder newest member announced Claudio out bum knee Swenet fightin in a suit right after the knee cheatin by SnS Puder hits Claudio with Tolands club in the knee Sweeney gets the win *1/2 Ricola on Toland after the match

No DQ Evans v. Necro: Hell of a match merced martinez debuts and takes care of lacey evans kicks out of everything necro had to offer evans with the bridge ***1/2 Mercedes newest member "Booty Vulture"

Marafuji vs. Davey Richards: real good match both guys are on tonite richards with a anasty dive to the 3rd row on marafuji two nasty germans for near 3 by davey reversla back and forth richards gets the tombstoned reversed into the shiranui marafuji with the win ***3/4

Prazak & Leonard out filming video wire spot,lead in to vid wire

6th Anniv NYC 2/23

Tables Match : good match h3 dominate alot of the match pelle returns huracanranas hagadorn thru a table picked up real good at the end lot of good table spots lot of tables broke before they were usedpearce with a piledriver from a table set up on the turnbuckle thru a tablein the ring to get the win,at one point bushwacker came out and used delirious team as abattering ram preety funny they were all doin the bushwacker walk even steen***1/2

Intermission

Romero squashes Osiris

Nigel cuts a promo teases handing the belt over to Cary says he wont for the people who support him and in spite of the fans that hate him nice promo but couldnt hear alot of it

Strong v. Stevens: real good back and forth action stiff match tiger driver on the ramp for a near 20 count really got good in the last few minutes stevens with the docto domb for the win real good match and really strong finish ***3/4

4 Way : awesome match shima out first after super double back plex and 450 pinned by all 3 guys hero cradled up dragon aries exchange finishers for 5 to 10 minutes just real grat stuff dragon wins after aries passes out in the triangle choke after elbows excellent excellent ****1/2

Briscoes v, AOTF: new tag champs in an excellent match ****1/2

Show of the year. I may change my mind when I watch it on DVD, but seriously, even with the card change up, this show was absolutely amazing. I marked hard when AOTF won the titles. My friend Pedro and I (and some other kid next to us) were the only AOTF marks in our section and we were so damn proud when they beat the Briscoes.

Delirious (in red and black)

WHAA!?

I'm amazed ROH were actually able to get Sunny, Puder and Bushwhacker Luke on the show and have it make some sense. On paper it looks like the worst EWR booking experiment ever, but it seems to work.

Yeah Delirious is a little more serious now and spits black mist. I like it because he was getting stale IMO.

I expect Hagadorn to get blinded soon.

The Black Mist blinds right?