TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
treble

NHL January 08

Scotiabank Place and the Civic Centre.

I meant which cities the following were in. The websites of TSN and the IIHF were of no help.

Are the Flames ever going to lose a game? Since December 7, they've lost twice. Twice!

Why would you say his career is over exactly?

He was terrific last night. Scored a goal and stirred shit up, I'll take it. Blake runs his mouth and was running at Nitty all night, boo fucking hoo he got punched in the eye during a scrum.

And was Sean Avery's career over for punching Andrew Ladd while they were tied up last week.

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise

God, it's like we're talking about the Finnish league or something. Let's never have anyone get hurt ever. My whole fucking team is injured.

Why would you say his career is over exactly?

He was terrific last night. Scored a goal and stirred shit up, I'll take it. Blake runs his mouth and was running at Nitty all night, boo fucking hoo he got punched in the eye during a scrum.

And was Sean Avery's career over for punching Andrew Ladd while they were tied up last week.

Sorry, four games back after he served a 20 Game suspension, then a sucker punch on Blake. No sorry, you aren't welcomed anymore. Make an example on him (but the league won't).

I bet Keith Magnuson would have something to say about this whining, if Rob Ramage hadn't killed him.

Aw man, I shouldn't have smiled at that post. Well played, Red. Still, in an NHL of a bunch of Jarkko Jarkkanens flopping around going "ow, it is my knee that you have hurt, it so bad," we need a team of lowlifes and rejected thugs to keep everyone honest by just going out there with the express intent of hurtin' dudes. That it's the Philadelphia Flyers carrying on their proud legacy of hurtin' dudes makes it even better. It's my sincere hope that after his suspension, the Isles waive Chris Simon and the Flyers pick him up. The NHL shouldn't be punishing the Flyers, they should be marketing them. Make the Flying P mean something. Out-Raider the Raiders.

You can't do what Downie did. It wasn't even a scrum anymore and it's not 'old time hockey' to poke someone in the eye when they can't defend themselves or even see it coming. Although, seeing the reaction of the women in the front row after it happened was hilarious.

And I like that the Flyers trying to kill people sort of backfired on them with Lupol out for a while now.

They did bring back Oglethorpe. His name is just Downie now. The way the Canadian media is acting, if the Flyers dropped him today, I don't know if they would take him back in the country. So he's got that going for him. The best part of the whole thing was the creepy ass smile he had going to the penalty box.

I always thought Claude Lemieux would have made a great Flyer. I guess Downie is going to be as close in the current NHL as you can get.

As for the whole defending Flyers thing. You know who would have been mostly at fault if Coburn got Bergeroned by Kubina? Coburn. He put himself in the same position as Bergeron and it would have mostly been on him if he was hurt just the same.

Discussed on the Reporters yesterday morning:

Who's the most deserving of the Hart so far? Iginla, Crosby, and Lecavalier were the names thrown out. At this point, I'll say Iggy hands down. I have no problem with Lecavalier getting the Pearson, but the way Iginla has elevated Huselius, Langkow, and, to a lesser extent, Aucoin and Nolan clearly shows his worth, especially with Kiprusoff underachieving.

No, Downie is gone, banned, etc. He's being doing this crap since Juniors and has gotten away with this. He will one day seriously hurt someone if he still plays in the league.

As for the Hart trophy. Luongo so far should win the award over anyone else. The only other person would be Iginla.

And I like that the Flyers trying to kill people sort of backfired on them with Lupol out for a while now.

That was great hit by Hatcher. He was playing all kinds of pissed off. You have to admit, when they had the scrum in the first period Hatcher was a good guy and let Stajan (IIRC) off the hook. They were away from everyone, had the gloves dropped and Hatcher could have killed him, but just chuckled instead.

Downie was not suspended by the league. I guarantee this won't be his last conversation with Colin Campbell this season, though. The kid's got some serious anger management issues.

Hart Trophy -- I think Iginla's running away with it right now. The Flames shouldn't be anywhere close to leading the division. Take Iginla away and you basically have a southern version of the Oilers.

That was great hit by Hatcher. He was playing all kinds of pissed off. You have to admit, when they had the scrum in the first period Hatcher was a good guy and let Stajan (IIRC) off the hook. They were away from everyone, had the gloves dropped and Hatcher could have killed him, but just chuckled instead.

I'm not saying that the hit was dirty, or would have been, because it wasn't. But Hatcher looked like he wanted to kill Steen there and it backfired. And with all the players that the Flyers have hurt this year, it's funny that they've moved onto their own.

I know you weren't calling it dirty. Just wanted to give Hatcher some love. He was one of the biggest whipping boys this town has ever seen the first half of last year, so only fair to give him the credit he is due. A pissed off Hatcher looks like he is still a big asset even in the new NHL.

If you would have told me that Mike Riberio was worth five million a year, I'd say you are nuts, but he's averaging a point per game and leads the team in goals with 21.

What's with Rick DiPietro changing his pads every few months? I know the guy has a big deal, but seriously, how many sets of pads does that go through in the run of a year?

Ray Emery and Brian McGrattan dusted knuckles during practise Monday. I know this type of thing isn't unheard of, but how close is Emery's ticket to being punched from Ottawa?

Although there's going to be a bit of a surplus of goalies on the market this trade deadline, with Huet, Raycroft, Turco, and even Cujo as potential names.

All-Star starting lineups are out:

East:

F - Sidney Crosby, Pit

F - Vincent Lecavalier, TB

F - Daniel Alfredsson, Ott

D - Andrei Markov, Mtl (WTF???????)

D - Zdeno Chara, Bos

G - Martin Brodeur, NJ

West:

F - Henrik Zetterburg, Det

F - Pavel Datsyuk, Det

F - Jarome Iginla, Cgy

D - Niklas Lidstrom, Det

D - Dion Phaneuf, Cgy

G - Roberto Luongo, Van

Khabibulin has to go NOW. This guy is washed up. He has nothing left. I'll take Huet or Turco, yes please. Anything. Save us from this awful goaltender.