TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Kamala

Final Resolution

I read the entire script for the go-home show before the PPV, and you know what? I can't remember a single scheduled match. Have no idea what the card is.

Example of TNA sucking: who's challenging for the tag belts? Either Road Dogg or Billy Gunn, forget which, won the briefcase title shot, and of course we instantly get a "Russo: tag partners don't get along" angle. Also think I recall Cornette ruling that Nash and Joe would have to team up for another title shot, which is ANOTHER R:t.p.d.g.a. And then they had that tag-team gauntlet thing too... so do they have three different #1 contenders for the tag belts? Hell, who ARE the tag champions? Is it still AJ and Tomko? If so, those boys have a lot on their plates, with six guys chasing their belts AND the whole Angle vs. Christian crap. And what happened to them feuding with the Steiners, and them feuding with LAX? Both dropped and vanished without a trace.

Within a day or two, all the PPV matches will be posted on Youtube. Whatever the women's title match is, I will watch that. That is the extent of me caring about this show in any positive way.

According to wikipedia, it's tonight.

Here's the card according to wikipedia

TNA World title match

Kurt Angle Vs Christian Cage

Ultimate X match

Johnny Devine and Team 3D Vs Jay Lethal and The Motor City Machine Guns

Abyss Vs Judas Mesias (Who?)

NO DQ match for TNA Women's title

Gail Kim Vs Awesome Kong

Mixed Tag Team match

Robert Roode and Ms. Brooks Vs Booker T and Sharmell

TNA World Tag Team titles match

A.J. Styles and Tomko Vs Kevin Nash and Samoa Joe

Two out of three falls Drinking Championship Series

James Storm Vs Eric Young (First fall will be who can drink two 40 oz first)

Kaz Vs Black Reign

LAX Vs The Rock and Roll Infection

If that card doesn't get you wanting to shell out $30 (or whatever TNA PPVs cost these days) than you're a goth!

Greatest moment in wrestling. Nash walks out on Joe, Joe fights back, hits musclebuster on AJ, Tomko with the save and the crowd breaks into a "Thank You Tomko" chant. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA

People love Tomko and Styles. They are charismatic to an unbelievable level.

And in no shock to me at all, Styles picks Angle.

You know you're having a great new year when your fanbase doesn't give two flying fucks about your money-maker shows! Remember how busy all of these threads were back in the weekly-PPV days? 3-4 pages, easy, usually with Dames and bps giving PBP (then later myself), and a bunch of people just coming in to check out how the show is going. Now that TNA is "better" than it was then, nobody orders the shows, nobody watches Impact and remembers it, and nobody cares enough to check out on-going results online. Pity. They used to have so much potential...

Guest Hasbeen2

I liked it overall. I don't know if it's good or bad that the women's match stole the show. The things between the matches didn't add much, they should just recap feuds to fill time if they can't do any better than that. The thing with Samoa Joe, you can't ever tell if the Orlando crowd is against somebody due to the wrestler being a heel or if they're just being "smart." I agree Tomko and Styles have "it", who would have ever thought that about Tomko when he first arrived. That's a big reason I don't mind them signing ex WWE talent, you never know what will connect with the fans. Now if it doesn't connect, you don't need to keep pushing it.

I liked it overall. I don't know if it's good or bad that the women's match stole the show. The things between the matches didn't add much, they should just recap feuds to fill time if they can't do any better than that. The thing with Samoa Joe, you can't ever tell if the Orlando crowd is against somebody due to the wrestler being a heel or if they're just being "smart." I agree Tomko and Styles have "it", who would have ever thought that about Tomko when he first arrived. That's a big reason I don't mind them signing ex WWE talent, you never know what will connect with the fans. Now if it doesn't connect, you don't need to keep pushing it.

TNA only knows what gets over in The Impact Zone, that's one of their main problems.

Okay, I read the results of this show and this Styles thing baffles the hell out of me. Why exactly is siding with Angle preferrable to siding with Christian? I assumed since Tomko went on his own that AJ would simply go with his tag partner and they would be their own team. I could see this angle sorta working if it was Tomko with Christian and Styles with Angle, but that isn't happening.

After reading the result of the tag match and the crowd reaction I think Joe may well have jumped the shark in TNA. He's almost getting negative heat due to this angle, since he comes off like a whiny bitch more than a kick ass rebel. I don't think fans want to hear wrestlers on TV blathering about their contracts.

Overall, I thought this was a solid show. It had it's ups (Women's match, fans going nuts for Tomko) and downs (Kaz vs. Black Reign). It was no Bound for Glory, but it also wasn't the worst PPV over the past 12 months, either. I thought the Women's match was everything that a brawl should be. Gail went over without having Kong lose credibility. This PPV also planted seeds for the next PPV, be them good or bad. LAX showed why they are one of the best teams in the world today. I am also unsure of what to think about the X-Division match. I want to see where it goes before blowing up. If it leads to the collapse of the X-Division, then it sucks, but I'm going to give it time.

AJ picking Angle baffles me as well. I would have liked to see him go with his tag partner, but I'm going to see what happens with this as well.

ODB, in her 3 seconds, was golden and I can't wait for her to be Women's Champion.

For me, TNA is totally entertaining as I watch it, but totally forgettable afterward. I just can't remember why anyone is feuding with anyone, who they are feuding with, and what generic and forgettable pay-per-view happens in what month.

It's my #2 brand behind Smackdown!/ECW.

It's the epitome of junk food wrestling, much like Russo's 1999 WWF work. It's amusing while it's on but you can't remember much about it later.

Just wondering but why does everyone on the net seem to hate Black Reign? I think I'm the only one who digs this crazy gimmick.

Because it's fucking boring. Dustin's just phoning it in, the gimmick itself LOOKS too much like Goldust for anybody to really dig into it, and the matches he's been involved in have been awful. See, I can dig Rellik - solid look, even with the Roman skirt thing - but the fact that he loses every match sucks, but Black Reign...blah. Boring shit to the nth degree.

Read the results because I totally forgot the PPV was on. It sounds "meh", I'll probably watch the matches on Dailymotion. But it mostly sounds pants.

It's not that I don't like Black Reign, it's just like Corey said, it's boring. I like the idea that Dustin "don't know about Reign," but the character isn't anything to write home about. Rellik, I like a lot. I also think the little team of Judas, Reign and Rellik isn't bad.

WO's recap said the Ultimate X was "for the belt but not the championship". That is, though debatable I'm sure, the DUMBEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD in pro wrestling in the 16.5 years I've been watching. 10 or so title changes in 3 months in WCW 2000? Hey, at least they were all fighting for a championship. There's WWE Dumb, WWE Logic, Plain Dumb, WCW Dumb, 2000 WCW Ludicrous... but really, TNA Dumb seems to right up (down) there with the worst of WCW. Maybe I'm exaggerating and using too much hyperbole but it just sound too awful.

I guess enjoying Black Reign is my guilty pleasure in wrestling today. Actually I don't think Rhodes is phoning it in at all. Unlike most of these washed up ex WWE/WCW guys in TNA he at least is doing an entirely different gimmick and is out there kissing a rat to boot. Anyone willing to kiss a rat on national TV is showing some amount of dedication to his craft.

Bear in mind I've always enjoyed these evil weirdo gimmicks. I was a mark for Papa Shango back in the day, haha.

One big problem with a character like Black Reign is that Dustin simply isn't a good enough actor to pull it off. His wacky overacting worked for a wacky character like Goldust, but he doesn't have the chops to make a spilt-personality gimmick believable. When he claims he has no idea who Black Reign is, and the announcers try to sell it like he's got some serious mental illness, it's just so corny and awful.

Gail/Kong sounded like it ruled. Otherwise, well, here's some quotes from Meltzer's report:

Christy Hemme gave Shelly a low blow, she didn't sell it, threw Hemme out of the ring, unmasked with the whole crowd chanting "Shelly." She then took her overalls off and did a stripper dance.

We have another Eric Young vs. James Storm drinking contest on tape throughout the show. It's some sort of a drinking and trivia contest. Eric lost because he thought Storm was involved in the Detroit race riots in 1967, but he wasn't even born then. Don't ask.

A.J. Styles was asked about his decision. I guess they missed the part about how he has to do a main event run-in and decide the winner. Tomko was mad, because we can't have a tag team that gets along in TNA. It might hurt ratings.

Kurt, Karen and Borash are backstage. They were doing comedy but it didn't really work. Anyway, Kurt is worried about his title defense. Karen has an idea and how to work the odds in their favor. In other words, the exact same thing as every PPV for the last six months.

Abyss vs. Judas Mesias is next. Yay, Undertaker vs. Kane all over again. There's a fireball tease as Jim Mitchell said little boys who don't tell the truth will burn in hell. Jim Mitchell asked him to tell the truth but he refused. Mitchell brought out a gasoline cannister and handed it to Mesias. He poured the gasoline all over Abyss' face, or whatever it was. Mitchell is going to set him on fire but security made the save. This was one of those deals that a percentage of the audience will like, but it'll turn off more than it turns on.

Part two of the DCS (Drinking Championship Series) was a battle where whoever pees first loses. Eric could barely hold it in, and was about to relinquish the title until they found out that James peed in his pants. Funny stuff, huh.

Tomko & A.J. Styles vs. Kevin Nash & Samoa Joe for the tag titles is next. Joe & Nash are getting along as partners, which in TNA probably means one is turning on the other. Nash walked out on Joe who ended up double-teamed on pinned. Funniest thing was the crowd decided Joe was the heel, maybe because of that worked shoot deal from last month that was supposed to make Joe the rebel babyface. The crowd cheered Styles & Tomko, even chanting "Thank you Tomko" when he broke up a title change after a muscle buster on AJ.

A.J. Styles pulled Karen off the apron and hugged Christian, so of course Styles then gave Christian a springboard Misawa elbow and Angle got the pin with an Olympic slam.

Only one word comes to mind: CLASSY~! Isn't Russo just AWESOME. Christ this company sucks.

Oh yeah, the very best part:

Karen is going in the men's bathroom to fool around with A.J. Styles. Karen wants to relieve him of his tension. She's kissing his neck. A.J. said Karen's lied in the past. Karen left, A.J. went into a bathroom stall and we heard thumping.

Nice to see that TNA has returned to its roots and is again having a midget jerk off on PPV.

I watched a stream of the show last night, and it was your standard TNA PPV. Lots of questionable booking, some fun matches, a lot of guys working hard, with a fair amount of suck sprinkled throughout for flavor, with the whole show ultimately being rather forgettable.

AJ Styles and Tomko are the two most over men in the company with Lethal a close third, and after watching the Tokyo Dome show (god bless YouTube) I'm more convinced than ever Giant Bernard would get over huge. Styles needs to be thrust back into the main event, and not as a lacky but as the man. And...never thought I'd actually type this...Tomko should be in the main event, too. His work is so much improved, it's mind blowing. He's good on the mic, good in the ring, just a great asset overall.

On the other end of the spectrum, Samoa Joe is toast. I'm afraid his character has hit the point of no return as far as being the top babyface. Basically he's early 1997 Bret Hart to me, who they tried to get over as a babyface despite the fact his character was that of a complainer. Complaining just doesn't work as a face characteristic.

What a weird mixed bag this ppv was. But a few steps up from last month's lackluster ppv, but nowhere near BFG or other better TNA ppvs from the last year or so. I probably enjoyed this more than expected since I got really baked prior - a new tradition I may take up with TNA programming as a whole since there is so much unintentional humor on these shows right now, it's so bad it's funny at times, when it comes down to it.

The real highlights of this ppv to me was some of the ridiculous moments outside of the matches themselves, oh and Kong/Kim as a whole, as well as the damn entertaining Ultimate X pseudo-buriel of the match itself. Some of the backstage segments on this show were particularly booked like the committee got drunk and went from there. The Eric Young/Storm stuff was pretty out there, and didn't quite get what the deal was at the end.....what did he spike the funnel with anyway, or did he just add more booze? And then the AJ/Karen Angle segment, Karen kisses up on Styles for 10 seconds and he goes in the bathroom stall to jerk off? The ODB cameo right before that though was gold.

The single most hilarious moment of this show was during Kong/Kim, when Kong teases an attack on Tenay and West. Tenay totally freaks out, making these over the top weird facial expressions, in anger of Kong "stepping on his foot". As far as that match itself, it was really good and worth going out of your way to see. Crowd heat was once again strong, and I thought the finish really worked well in that I didn't expect that happening, really.

The Ultimate X match was pretty crazy, which is in the context of both plenty of bad and good parts. Johnny Devine took three really brutal bumps in this match, two of them being stiff drops on his head, particularly. Plenty of other somewhat create spots here and there, too. Lets just say the right people worked hard. The match turned more into building heat to the final confontation with these teams at the next ppv, which right there is good and bad, exactly.

The rest of the show was pretty forgettable. Joe/Nash has really gone fizzle already. Neither guy got hardly anything of a response in the tag title match, but Styles and Tomko are clearly guys who are getting over with the crowd. I would guess the next thing is Nash v. Joe at the next ppv, with Joe hopefully going over. Christian v. Angle - I don't know what it is, but I just have never been into matches with these two against each other. With that said, this one was probably one of the better matches they've had together, but I just was really not into it.

Here's a serious question for you, Jingus:

Why do you bother with TNA? You get so heated about it, yet continue to follow it. I don't get it. Don't take this as me calling you a TNA-hating goth or anything. TNA frustrates me, but I don't hate it -- even when it's bad, it has an embarassing train wreck appeal I can't help but watch, much like late WCW. I couldn't help but be entertained by that crapfest, either.

But seriously, if a TV show or film pissed me off as much as TNA seems to you I would just not bother with it. I dunno. Anyway, I'm not attacking you or anything like that, just curious.

Partly because I'll watch any wrestling show, period. I'm about to go watch some Herb Abrahms UWF on ESPNClassics, and it's way, way worse than TNA could ever dream of being. For specific reasons to watch, I've got two: 1.no matter how incredibly terrible any particular show is, there's always at least one cool thing on it. Whether it's a match, a promo, a hilarious mistake, or something as simple as one really cool perfectly-executed move, that one cool thing is what keeps me going through all the Robert Roode and Dustin Rhodes bullshit which would otherwise run me off screaming. And, 2.the hope that maybe, just maybe, this time the show will get better.

Partly because I'll watch any wrestling show, period. I'm about to go watch some Herb Abrahms UWF on ESPNClassics, and it's way, way worse than TNA could ever dream of being. For specific reasons to watch, I've got two: 1.no matter how incredibly terrible any particular show is, there's always at least one cool thing on it. Whether it's a match, a promo, a hilarious mistake, or something as simple as one really cool perfectly-executed move, that one cool thing is what keeps me going through all the Robert Roode and Dustin Rhodes bullshit which would otherwise run me off screaming. And, 2.the hope that maybe, just maybe, this time the show will get better.

That's cool, definitely makes sense.