TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Positively Kanyon

Thriller

Anyone heard this yet? It's the 25th anniversary of the release of Michael Jackson's Thriller, with new material remixed by will.i.am and other artists. Some pretty good remixes of the classic MJ songs... Definitely like 'The Girl Is Mine 2008' and glad it's being released as a single. I'd say I prefer it over the original.

Fergie has completely fucked up Beat It though... Who's bright idea was that?

I was confusing this with the 20th anniversary of Thriller which features a bunch of extraneous bonus stuff (Interviews with Quincy Jones, demos of songs that were cut and early versions of Billie Jean) on at the end.

Dammit I wanted to discuss The Vincent Price "Thriller" outtakes not Will I Am's shitty remixes of the original album!

And it's not hard to improve on "The Girl Is Mine". Easily my least favorite song on the album. Though I'm enough of a fan of McCartney and Michael to enjoy it somewhat and the banter still cracks me up for some reason. It's no "Say Say Say" though.

Now I do love MJ and Thriller to no end, so now that's out of the way, the best related remix is the DJ Isaac version of "Thriller". He turns the Vincent Price laugh into this insane looping dance beat. It's pretty awesome. My third favorite remix (besides my own) after the kid606 version of "Straight Outta Compton" and the skkatter "Madonna Is a Filthy Slut" mix of "Music".

my students had to do a timed diagnostic writing exercise for the whole 50 minutes of class today, and i played this album for them while they wrote. they got a chuckle out of it.

michael jackson is a good bet in a classroom setting, there's never really anybody that doesn't like michael jackson. same with the beatles.