TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Corey_Lazarus

Ring of Honor DVD sale

Currently at RoHwrestling.com, they're having a pretty damn solid sale. A plethora of DVDs from The Era of Honor Begins to Final Battle '06 are on sale for $10 each, plus 10% off any total sale. So, this begs the question...what should I get? I have Death Before Dishonor IV, and a couple of mixtapes of their first year, so I'm really looking for some classic stuff (maybe not the Punk/Joe wars, since I honestly find Punk to be a bit overrated).

Right now I'm leaning towards Hell Freezes Over and either Glory By Honor V Night 2 or Honor Reclaims Boston. Anybody got an idea of what's their better shows from '03-'06?

Somewhere, I believe on the second page, I made a list of "must buys" from 2004-current (although it hasn't been updated since early fall). Let me find it (as well as a update) and maybe that can give you an idea.

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?showtopic=83771

that's actually 2005-present, but I'll throw in a few 2003-2004 shows that are worth checking out (although those years fall short of matching the quality of 2005-2007 but still good stuff)

*This is based off what's currently in stock, since you're looking to order now*

Night of the Grudges

Paul London Vs AJ Styles, Punk and Cabana Vs Raven and Whitmer

Wrestle Rave '03

Joe Vs Maff, Raven and Daniels Vs Punk and Cabana, Styles Vs Sabin, Homicide Vs Trent Acid (fight without honor)

Main Event Spectacles

AJ Styles Vs Bryan Danielson, Scramble Cage, Whitmer Vs Homicide,

World Title Classic

Joe Vs Punk I, Ultimate Endurance Tag, Shelley/Strong/Aries Vs Walters/Rave/Stryker

Survival of the Fittest

Evans Vs Danielson, Mark Briscoe Vs Alex Shelley, SOTF Finals

Death Before Dishonor 2 Part I

Homicide/Joe, Briscoes-Cabana and Punk, Shelley Vs Doug Williams

Death Before Dishonor 2 Part II

Steele and Punk Vs Maff and Whitmer (chicago street fight), Joe Vs Cabana, Low Ki Vs Mark Briscoe, Williams Vs Aries

Testing the Limit

Danielson Vs Aries 2/3 Falls, Homicide and Low Ki Vs Briscoes

Midnight Express Reunion

Joe Vs Danielson, Shelley/Aries/Evans/Strong Vs Punk/Steele/Jacobs/Walters w/Steamboat (elimination), Homicide Vs McGuinness

Joe-Punk II

Joe Vs Punk, Shelley Vs Jacobs (I Quit), Strong and Evans Vs Romero and Homicide

Weekend of Thunder Night 2

Liger/Joe Vs Danielson/Low Ki, Punk/Steele Vs Aries/Strong (no dq), McGuiness Vs Collyer

ASE III

Joe Vs Punk, Low Ki Vs Aries, Danielson Vs Homicide, Cabana and Steele w/Bobby Heenan Vs Evans and Strong w/ Cornette

Final Battle 2004

Aries Vs Joe, Low Ki Vs Danielson, Corino and Punk Vs Shelley and Evans, Foley and Steamboat confrontation

The first Supercard Of Honor is probably my favourite ROH show top to bottom and the show from the very next night, Better Than Our Best, is a really good choice too. I've just gotten through Glory By Honor V Night 2 in the past week, also very good, the top three matches are all excellent.

Is ASE III the one with the Joe/Punk that only goes, like, 20 minutes? I do wanna check out the Joe/Punk series, double ditto for the Punk/Raven series, but I'm sorta cautioned because everything I've seen from Punk has made me feel that he's talented, but not nearly as talented as people make him seem to be.

So I'm probably getting GBH V Night 2 and Hell Freezes Over. Thanks for the help, though.

Is ASE III the one with the Joe/Punk that only goes, like, 20 minutes? I do wanna check out the Joe/Punk series, double ditto for the Punk/Raven series, but I'm sorta cautioned because everything I've seen from Punk has made me feel that he's talented, but not nearly as talented as people make him seem to be.

So I'm probably getting GBH V Night 2 and Hell Freezes Over. Thanks for the help, though.

Joe/Punk III goes about a half I think. It's actually my favorite match of the series. Punk is talented. He can tell a great story in the ring and cut a great promo. The only thing that really bugs me is that he may or may not have an attitude problem and his execution of moves look kind of awkard (his kicks and that dreadful Shining Wizard.

I liked the 3rd match the most. It wasn't a wrestling match like the first two. It was a war. After you check out the Raven and Joe stuff, you have to get to the Rave feud because that was gold with a couple brutal matches.

Honor Reclaims Boston was ok. Nothing special. Not bad for 10 bucks though.

GBHV Night two is the best ROH ever in my opinion, if not, then really up there.

Better Than Our Best and Supercard of Honor are great too.

I also really liked Final Battle 2006.

Better Than Our Best. The most impressive card that they have ever held, from top to bottom. I was there too. :D

The Homicide vs. Cabana "Chicago Street Fight" is a damn fine main event. I won't give away too much, but...

picture-1490450.jpg

Honor Reclaims Boston is a show full of good matches, with pretty much everything hovering around the *** mark. The main event is the standout, as it blew the roof off the building, and is at least ****1/4 (it's KENTA and Davey Richards vs. Aries and Strong).

Honor Reclaims Boston is a show full of good matches, with pretty much everything hovering around the *** mark. The main event is the standout, as it blew the roof off the building, and is at least ****1/4 (it's KENTA and Davey Richards vs. Aries and Strong).

Roderick's chop on Davey toward the end of the match was BRUTAL. Not to mention the Double Stomp/Alabama Slam Combo.