TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

This week in the NBA

Guest Cock Ring Warehouse

Jim "Rockford" Boylan, on Joakim Noah, paraphrased:

He's like a puppy. He's cute and cuddly and you love him, but you wake up one morning and he chewed up your favorite shoes.

He must've really handed Ben Wallace his ass, huh. Man, I hope he did, at least. I think Noah is a huge bust for where he was drafted, but I fucking hate Ben Wallace. That overpaid pouty scrub sunk the whole operation.

Guest Cock Ring Warehouse

I liked reading the article about the Bulls' win over the Heat, gushing over how Ben had a good night "battling Shaq" with 7 pts. and 7 rebounds. Shaq had 24 and 10. I hope Joakim Noah beats your ass again.

JamesOn Curry, a rookie with the Chicago Bulls who has been assigned to the Bulls' NBA Development League team Iowa Energy, was arrested in Downtown Boise early Thursday.

Curry, 22, of Buffalo Grove, Ill., is charged with misdemeanor counts of urinating in public and resisting arrest.

Curry was arrested after a Boise police officer saw a man urinating in the alley on the west side of the Hampton Inn in the 400 block of South Capitol Boulevard at 2:25 a.m. Thursday, according to police reports.

Police say as the officer drove toward the man in his patrol car, the man looked back and started to run away. The officer then got out of his car and identified himself, but the man -- later identified as Curry -- continued to run away until the officer caught up to him when Curry went into the hotel and tried to go through a locked door, according to police reports.

Curry was then arrested and booked into the Ada County Jail at 2:50 a.m., and was released after posting bond.

Curry, a guard who starred at Oklahoma State, is in Boise with the Energy for the NBA D-League Showcase, where all 14 teams are participating in a four-day event for professional scouts. The event is taking place at Qwest Arena in Downtown Boise.

Curry, a 6-foot-3 guard, was a second-round draft choice by the Bulls last year and had been with the team since training camp but has not played in any games this year.

Curry was assigned to the Energy, the Bulls' D-League affiliate, Jan. 7. The Energy played their final game of the Showcase on Wednesday night, losing to the Utah Flash. Curry scored six points in the loss.

Nice character guy, Pax!

Word is out that Tyrus Thomas is available to anyone who will take him. Me, I don't trust a guy who has his name tattooed on his arm. Given what we've learned about this guy, he probably needs to consult his bicep to sign his own fucking name. So who wants a big retard with a shitty attitude? Any takers?

Someone will take him because of his flashes. Kinda like how Stromile Swift has managed to not only stay in the NBA but get good contracts as well. People will keep believing that his stupid, shitty ass will eventually become a decent player in the right situation.

It's too early to brag about predicting Glen Davis would be the better pro from that LSU team, but yeah, I'm sticking to that.

On the other hand, I think Scott Skiles and now the guy who's taken over for him probably haven't done Thomas any favors. Yeah, Thomas seems like a real dickhead, but at the same time he's like 20 years old and went from being an unheralded freshman to a top 4 pick in one year. Skiles immediately puts him in the doghouse, it's no wonder he hasn't reached his potential yet. Tyson Chandler looked like an inconsistent underachiever under Skiles too.

On the bright side for Bulls fans, at least you didn't draft Sheldon Williams

Cuban trying to hire Clipper Darrell to work for the Mavs

b68958683.jpg

By ART THOMPSON III

The Orange County Register

EL SEGUNDO - The Clippers’ loyal and most recognizable fan, Darrell Bailey, AKA Clipper Darrell, might be taking his enthusiastic, crowd-leading voice to Dallas.

The Register learned Thursday that Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban has scheduled a meeting with Bailey, Jan. 25, in Dallas.

“He offered me a job in Dallas, to do the same thing I do for the Clippers,” said Bailey, whose day job is as an automobile customizer and salesman. He came up to me at the (Jan. 12) game and told me that he loved what I do. That shocked me.”

Bailey, 39, was born and raised in Los Angeles and said he never has been to Texas. Often standing in the aisle next to his seat, the 5-foot-5 Bailey is known for leading the cheer, “Let’s go Clippers,” and for his “You don’t have no alibi,” jeer at opposing free-throw shooters.

“I’m still loyal to the Clippers,” Bailey said. “That’s my team. But it isn’t every day that a billionaire knocks on your door. I have to go out and listen.”

------------------------------------

When you watch Clipper games you can always here his "Let's Go Clippers!!!" chant in the background.

It's too early to brag about predicting Glen Davis would be the better pro from that LSU team, but yeah, I'm sticking to that.

On the other hand, I think Scott Skiles and now the guy who's taken over for him probably haven't done Thomas any favors. Yeah, Thomas seems like a real dickhead, but at the same time he's like 20 years old and went from being an unheralded freshman to a top 4 pick in one year. Skiles immediately puts him in the doghouse, it's no wonder he hasn't reached his potential yet. Tyson Chandler looked like an inconsistent underachiever under Skiles too.

On the bright side for Bulls fans, at least you didn't draft Sheldon Williams

Sheldon Williams averaged a double double as a rookie when he got over 25 minutes in a game. Mike Woodson benched him because he felt that he wasn't fouling enough. Seriously. Sheldon, comeing from a system where hewas actually important and was supposed to try not to foul out, would let them have it if they were too deep and there was nothing he could do about it. Woodson felt that Sheldon should be fouling the guys. They had a fall out over and he went out the rotation, only getting spot minutes every 2-3 games despite being obviously more productive offensively and defensively than Zaza Pachulia.

When he eventually gets away from the Hawks, Sheldon will be a double double guy

So no. I wouldn't call that a bright side.

I think the Bulls would probably like to have that LaMarcus-for-Tyrus deal back right about now. Gives them their scoring big man, and Tyrus doesn't really give you anything that Joakim Noah doesn't.

Clippers imploding.

Donald Sterling is calling out Mike Dunleavy for the shitty season.

and Dunleavy counters by saying that if they would have let him make the deals he wanted that perhaps things would be different (Corey Maggette for Jason Terry and signing Beno Udrih)

Dallas would have been nuts to do that trade. I can understand them wanting to hand the team to Devin Harris, but Christ, don't they have enough swingmen?

To be fair, they would still be shitty with Elton Brand. Not as shitty, but still, shitty. With Livingston, things would be different, but as is, their backcourt is ancient, in comparison to the rest of the league.

Oh please. They wouldn't be shitty with Brand. They would be the third team fighting for that 8th spot with Houston and Utah.

And why would dallas do that trade? Because undersized shot happy two guards are a dime a dozen in the NBA. They could do that trade, get Eddie House or Salim Stoudmire and not miss a beat.

Maybe if they moved back to Buffalo. They wouldn't be anywhere near the 8th spot in the West with Brand. With Livingston and Brand, they'd be fighting for the 8th spot, no doubt, but not now. In a conference where Houston is 10th, I don't see them being near the playoffs with Brand.

So you are saying a team without their best rebounder, scorer, shotblocker, and double team drawing big isn't that much different with or without him? We aren't talking about some scrub here. He was easily the most important player on the team and missed the season.

It's hard to say that they'd be that much better with Brand. With Brand, does Chris Kaman (played fantastic this season) get as many minutes as he is right now? What about Al Thornton?

Did you forget that they didn't even go .500 WITH Brand last season? The 8th seed is 7 games over .500 right now. The Clippers had 6 dudes averaging double digits in scoring and they still couldn't make the playoffs last year. Brand is good, but he's not so good that a team would find themselves 7 games over .500 with him when they're 12 games under .500 right now. There are probably 3 or 4 players in this entire league who could make a team that much better. Plus, the Clippers are still the Clippers. They are always going to suck, regardless of who's on their team.

FWIW, I think Dunleavy's right, no coach could do that much better. But that's because the roster is a pile of shit on the court, although it doesn't look like it on paper.

The Clippers missed the playoffs on the last day of the season, playing with Jason Hart and about 50% of Sam Cassell at PG for the last two months of the season. Far from their level of play in 2006, but far from shitty as well. With Brand out there and a healthy Cassell, they're at least as good as Houston is right now.

I think their winning percentage with Brand would be around that of...Sacramento. And with Livingston they'd probably be where Golden State or Portland sit. The Clippers are getting so much from Kaman that I can't just say, oh, with Brand there, they'd be a playoff team. With Brand, they're getting less from Kaman, so who really knows where they'd be. In the West, not a playoff team, in the East, sure, put them down for the first round. You have to take into account that a team with a 27-13 record is sitting 6th out here. And a Western Conference Finalist is 9th, with a 24-18 record.