TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

Elite XC.....

It's Tank, he folds when things merely get uncomfortable to him. Once a fighter gave him a wedgie and Tank told the ref he couldn't continue. Worse, Kimo tapped him with a side choke. Mounted. That doesn't even work.

Oh well. Kimbo slipped Tanks punches nicely and showed fast hands. Then again, Tank was a stationary target so it's not that hard to look good against a heavybag.

And I hate Mauro. So much. He was more annoying than that bald ref.

I think the big question is, do they dare have Kimbo vs. Cabbage? Or do they stick with old school UFC fighters and have Kimbo vs. Scott Ferrozzo?

Now THAT is a hypnotic gut.

Scott Ferrozzo

+ Decisioned Tank Abbott (in his PRIME, might I add)

+ 4-2 record (well over .500)

+ Hasn't fought in over 10 years (plenty of time to train and get refreshed)

The stats don't lie. RRR 4 ORIGINAL PITBULL!

That main event was awful. Tank was SLOOOOWWWW. If you can say anything, Kimbo did a good job avoiding (for the most part) Tank's slow shots and counter punching.

As far as "attraction" heavyweights go, I'm pretty sure that Brock would shoot in and GNP Slice into oblivion in about 30 seconds. I don't think it would be a bad move for the UFC although I could never see Kimbo doing it.

Damn Yves Edwards knows how to knock motherfuckers out in stylish fashion. I think the Thomson head kick still stands as my favorite KO of all time, simply because no matter how many I times I see it I always freak when he hits it.

Worse, Kimo tapped him with a side choke. Mounted. That doesn't even work.

I know it as a front choke, though it usually only works if the other guy isn't very good.

Guest Warriorfan

If Shamrock loses his upcoming fight I can see them looking at Bob Sapp as Kimbo's next opponent. This could be Kimbo's most dangerous fight if Sapp comes in physically and more importantly mentally ready to fight. If Sapp can have a flashback to the Noguiera fight he should KO Kimbo in spectacular fashion.

If anything Elite XC and Kimbo's promotion team are doing the smart thing with him. First he fights Bo Cantrell who taps out on the way to the ground after a punch to the shoulder. Then he fights Tank Abbott who has a TON of name recognition to the masses and casual MMA fans, so when Tank does his usual flop, it makes Kimbo look like a god. Now all indications are pointing to Kimbo vs. Shamrock(if he wins his next fight) which would once again be Kimbo vs. a guy who probably doesn't belong fighting anymore let alone at heavyweight.

Again, I am not saying Kimbo has no potential, because he seems to be serious about his MMA career and not just here for a quick paycheck, but I think Bas and the rest of his team is smart about not throwing him in there with guys that are going to do anything more then try to slug it out with Kimbo. Yet. It is only a matter of time though. If Kimbo Slice makes it to 5-0, I'd say that to make him legitimate in everyone's eyes, he is going to have to face someone that has a more complete game. MMA fans are pretty eager to see what happens if Kimbo is taken down to the canvas.