TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Krankor

TSM Fantasy Baseball 2008

My first trade of the year should be pushed through...

dealt Gary Sheffield and his current injured underperforming ways for another closer in Huston Street. My offense has been solid enough w/o Sheff and getting another guy to give me Saves makes me really happy.

With Parra only going 4 innings Im gonna need 16 1/3 innings from a combo of Vasquez/Millwood and my RP. This is all pretty worthless since really even if I get to 28 innings its only going to probably gain me the 1 win in Holds but 1-5 is better than 0-6 I guess.

Yep, looks good to me Harley. Both are high risk/high reward guys.

Trade number three of the season...

Brockvegas Posse acquires Gary Sheffield, OF

Gotham Harlequins acquires Huston Street, RP

With the exception of Oswalt, who finally threw a good game last night, my pitching has been pretty awesome. And I somehow managed to get Gavin Floyd and Matt Garza from FA. I may be looking to trade a starter for a 2B or a starter/OF for an OF upgrade pretty soon. Anyone who's in the market for a SP let me know.

With the exception of Oswalt, who finally threw a good game last night, my pitching has been pretty awesome. And I somehow managed to get Gavin Floyd and Matt Garza from FA. I may be looking to trade a starter for a 2B or a starter/OF for an OF upgrade pretty soon. Anyone who's in the market for a SP let me know.

*raises hand*

Definitely send me an offer.

Looks like I'll easily hit 28 IP again so kudos to Carlos Silva who has been money for me.

Also made a couple moves to gear up for next week... mainly getting a little better ERA/WHIP out of the reliever spots to help insure the addition of Street and nabbed a guy I was surprised to see, Ryan Ludwick to give me an upgrade out of the UTIL spot. Brian Bruney and Joe Smith have combined for 18 IP with an ERA of 1.46 and 17 K. Depending on what they give me for a week, that could be a line that would rival a strong start from a SP #4 on my opponent's team.

Marvin

With Parra only going 4 innings Im gonna need 16 1/3 innings from a combo of Vasquez/Millwood and my RP. This is all pretty worthless since really even if I get to 28 innings its only going to probably gain me the 1 win in Holds but 1-5 is better than 0-6 I guess.

It's not that far-fetched so long as you get at least 6 innings out of both. That'd leave you 4.1 IP between Bell/Shields/Nathan. It's unlikely you'd get it but not out of the realm of impossibility. You could also have an outside shot at taking Saves too.

Then again, my 4 relievers have thrown 6 IP over 4 days so...

I think I got exactly 28 innings which helped me win saves and holds thanks to Millwood pitching well vs Boston. Too bad my offense has gone all to hell and I didnt win any offense categories. Ryan Braun struggling is probably making a ton of people curse him every day.

I did make an improvement by picking up Erick Aybar for 2B.

I did make an improvement by picking up Erick Aybar for 2B.

Cabrera, Aybar...po-tay-to, po-tah-to.

Aybar has a .339 OBP vs Cabrera's which was like .280 . Aybar also has 3 SB to Cabrera's 0 which made him a no brainer to pick up even though he might not hang around when Kendrick comes off the DL. I couldnt sit and watch Cabrera get 0 hits every night even though he's guaranteed to keep the 2B jon in Cleveland cause they dont have anyone to start behind him.

Harley up there picked the wrong Cardinals OFer, as I just picked up (but wont be able to play til next week, argh) Skip Schumaker. .406 OBP, 467 SLG 16 Runs 3 SB 1 HR.

Harley up there picked the wrong Cardinals OFer, as I just picked up (but wont be able to play til next week, argh) Skip Schumaker. .406 OBP, 467 SLG 16 Runs 3 SB 1 HR.

You should know better than to pick on me :P

Ryan Ludwick: .391/.462/.848 with 11 R, 4 HR, 11 RBI, and 1 SB

Skip Schumaker: .317/.406/.467 with 16 R, 1 HR, 5 RBI, and 3 SB

I'll take the power and call R and SB added bonuses, thanks.

*raises hand*

Definitely send me an offer.

Are you 'Toronto Dirtbags'?

If so, I would be interested in Ian Kinsler and/or one of Byrnes or Hamilton. Webb, Chipper and my closers are off limits, but I'd be willing to trade just about anyone else. I probably won't look to formulate any trade offers before next week though.

You should know better than to pick on me :P

Ryan Ludwick: .391/.462/.848 with 11 R, 4 HR, 11 RBI, and 1 SB

Skip Schumaker: .317/.406/.467 with 16 R, 1 HR, 5 RBI, and 3 SB

I'll take the power and call R and SB added bonuses, thanks.

Ludwick isn't a starter, Schumaker is for now.

Also, I got 5 1/3 good innings out of Armando Galaraga today..

Another trade just made that should hopefully be pushed through...

The Layden Express send OF Jacoby Ellsbury

Gotham Harlequins send SP C.C. Sabathia

I get a strong OF option who can also give my team some speed and rid myself of a SP who is looking more and more like he wouldn't crack my rotation with the recent pick up of SP Scott Olsen.

Oh yeah and to Marvin...

Skip: 2-5 with 0 R, 0 HR, 0 RBI

My Boy: 1-3 with 2 R, 1 RBI, and 3 BB :P

Ellsbury is the real deal, but I'm good with outfielders. Hopefully Sabathia bounces back cause I have the worst pitching in the league.

Guest Vitamin X

Man, Ellsbury keeps getting dealt like a chinese bicycle.

Also, I've got Jhonny Peralta on the market right now since Bobby Crosby be ballin', and I'm taking him as my starter for the foreseeable future. I don't mind sacrificing some depth on my hitting for better pitching, although considering I'm last place right now, I'll take any help I can get.

Anyone opposed to this trade? It seems fine to me. Another high risk/ high reward type of deal.

If there aren't any complaints, I'll click the approve button Wednesday afternoon.

Anyone opposed to this trade? It seems fine to me. Another high risk/ high reward type of deal.

If there aren't any complaints, I'll click the approve button Wednesday afternoon.

Just curious but... why would it matter what other teams think? :huh:

I mean, I can understand if it's a "tanking" kinda deal at the end of the year but considering this is a Keeper league, I doubt that people are going to be trading guys willy nilly for no value and bolting the next season. Besides, other teams aren't in the "deal" and it's not like Bud Selig asks the Texas Rangers if a trade between Washington and Cincinnati should be looked at.

Of course I side with the whole: only trades that should be vetoed or denied are those of collusion.

Aren't all trades a form of two teams colluding to begin with? Two teams are conspiring to get better. There aren't any defined illegal rules regarding trades. So I think it would be impossible to ever really prove that a team made a trade that would be considered illegal.

I can just approve all trades regardless of any potential stupidity that might occur in a trade. That's fine with me. I recall having to argue last year to get my Prince Fielder trade to go through because a number of teams did not want it to happen. Prince Fielder finally is starting to get me some homers this year. He had 2 today.

Trade number four of the season...

The Layden Express acquires C.C. Sabathia, SP

Gotham Harlequins acquires Jacoby Ellsbury, OF

Be sure to use protection with Ellsbury, he's been passed around quite a bit so far this season. Never know what kind of vd he could have...

I'm having a roster size problem. I placed both Travis Buck and Kevin Slowey on the DL and then picked up Daniel Cabrera. When I go to pick up a second player Yahoo is telling me I'm over the max roster size, which makes no sense as why have two DL slots if you can't pick up two replacement players? Then when I try to move either Buck or Slowey off the DL it's telling me I'm over the max roster size and that I have to release someone. I have no problem releasing someone, as my team is complete shit at the moment, but this has to be some sort of error.

That sounds like some sort of internal glitch. Normally it will tell you that if you are trying to make a roster move and one of the guys in your DL slot are no longer on the DL. It looks like you got it to work though.

You can leave a guy in the DL slot after he comes off the DL as long as you don't move him out of that DL slot. However you won't be able to Add/Drop anyone or make trades until that player is inserted back on to your bench. This is useful when you want to give a guy extra time to make sure they are going to be productive before having to drop someone on your roster.

I'm happy that I no longer have 5 guys listed on the DL. I can finally start evaluating what I have.

Im pissed off that I wont get credit for Vazquez's 8 ip and 7 ks until whenever they schedule to finish the game.

The Os dont play the White Sox until the end of August but thats in Baltimore so unless they finish the game in Baltimore I have no clue when they'll finish it, but it will be nice bonus whenever they do.

Guest Vitamin X

God DAMN I need some outfielding help, and I have one too many second basemen and shortstops, possibly catcher as well. That means Johjima, Pedroia, and Peralta are up for grabs for some help in the outfield. I'm going with Team Prospect here since I'm in last place.

I'd like better production from my utility spot. Hopefully Willy Mo starts to hit.

I like my pitching, and think it will get better.

I'd like better production from my utility spot. Hopefully Willy Mo starts to hit.

Trade number five of the season... and Ellsbury isn't involved...

Portland Wetsox acquires Carlos Gomez, OF

Stat Mongers acquires Dustin Pedroia, 2B

Guest Vitamin X

I don't know who's been involved in more trades- Ellsbury, or me.

The Portland Wet Sox fire sale is still going on! Get your Johjimas and Peraltas at low, low prices!