TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

This week in the NBA

So Alf, has Harrison passed Artest for dumbest Pacer in recent history? because...yeah...he is trying.

He basically is giving interviews saying he won't stop smoking weed. Not in those words, but that is what anyone would take away from it.

Thats a special, Ricky Williams kind of dumb. ONly he isn't making Ricky Williams money.

So, here are the starters for the All-Star game

East:

C: Dwight Howard

F: Kevin Garnett

F: LeBron James

G: Dwyane Wade

G: Jason Kidd

West:

C: Yao Ming

F: Carmelo Anthony

F: Tim Duncan

G: Kobe Bryant

G: Allen Iverson

Some of the voting results on the official website seemed even more puzzling than usual. I can understand Yi, Bargnani, Scola, etc. because of the foreign contingent, but Jerry Stackhouse in the top ten?

The Phoenix Suns are planning to play a preseason game outdoors next year. I really like this idea. For some reason, every sporting event looks better outdoors

At parks and in driveways across the country, basketball is played outdoors under the lights.

So why not let the pros play an NBA game in the great outdoors, too?

The Phoenix Suns are planning to play the NBA's first outdoor game during next year's preseason at the Indian Wells (Calif.) Tennis Garden, Suns president and CEO Rick Welts said, according to the Arizona Republic.

The idea is far enough along that the Suns have laid out a basketball court at the outdoor tennis stadium, and team general manager Steve Kerr has visited the site, according to the report. While some details need to be ironed out, an official announcement could be made in a month, the newspaper reported.

According to the report, Suns part-owner Dick Heckmann, who lives in the Palm Springs, Calif., area, got the idea from a local parks manager and passed it along to Welts.

"It's a completely unique experience," Welts said, according to the Republic. "We like to do new and exciting things. I think it would be remarkably successful."

Indian Wells has a capacity of 16,100 and features loge seating and 44 suites, but no roof. The Suns would need to provide the playing floor, scoreboard and video boards for the event, according to the report.

"It's going to be incredibly cool," Welts predicted, according to the Republic.

Guest Vitamin X

Who are they going to be playing? Hopefully the Lakers or something.

Except that if it is going to be outdoors during the NBA Preseason, which is in late summer, it is going to be VERY VERY hot, and I doubt many fans would want to come out under those conditions, especially for a preseason game.

Rucker Park isn't in the desert. I like the idea, and I may even make the drive. I haven't been out in that area in a while.

You know I get sick of reading about how Joe Johnson should get some help in atlanta. Fuck that fucking fucker. Someone needs to get Josh Smith some goddamn help quickly. Triple double tonight with 3 steals and 5 blocks to boot. That is becoming the norm for him. He bust his ass night in and night out and a half retarded coach and a fucking whiney prima donna shooting guard keep sucking ass and costing the team games.

FUCK Joe Johnson.

According to an article in this week's SI, Smith won't be back if Atlanta retains its coach, and either way, due to perceived attitude problems, he isn't likely to get more than the $9 million a year the Hawks offered him in an extension earlier this season.

Yeah, that was pretty dumb of Harrison to say. But I thought it was kind of funny at the same time. I mean, it's not as if David Harrison is a crucial piece of our team, so I wouldn't really rank it with some of the dumb things that Artest, Jackson and (allegedly) Tinsley did.

Yeah, that was pretty dumb of Harrison to say. But I thought it was kind of funny at the same time. I mean, it's not as if David Harrison is a crucial piece of our team, so I wouldn't really rank it with some of the dumb things that Artest, Jackson and (allegedly) Tinsley did.

Don't know if you need "allegedly" in front of Tinsley, I seem to remember him wielding a dustpan (admittedly the most comedic scene from that night) in the infamous brawl in Detroit.

I was referring to the incident with him and Marquis Daniels at some club last year. He wasn't charged or punished for anything at the Palace, as far as I know.

So, who are your All-Star reserves? Here's mine.

East:

G: Chauncey Billups, Ray Allen

F: Paul Pierce, Caron Butler

C: Chris Bosh

WC: Richard Hamilton, Josh Smith

West:

G: Chris Paul, Steve Nash

F: Dirk Nowitzki, Carlos Boozer

C: Marcus Camby

WC: Brandon Roy, Amare Stoudemire

So, who are your All-Star reserves?

East:

G: Chauncey Billups, Jason Richardson

F: Caron Butler, Gerald Wallace

WC: Josh Smith, Andre Iguodala

West:

G: Baron Davis, Chris Paul

F: Shawn Marion, Dirk Nowitzki

C: Amare Stoudemire

WC: Steve Nash, Marcus Camby

East:

G: Chauncey Billups, Michael Redd

F: Richard Jefferson, Caron Butler

WC: Paul Pierce, Josh Smith

West:

G: Chris Paul, Steve Nash

WC: Brandon Roy, Josh Howard

I like the way the Lakers are playing lately, but they've gotta stop having terrible third quarters. Everything else is as good as could be, except for that.

East:

G: Chauncey Billups, Rip Hamilton

F: Caron Butler, Josh Smith

WC: Antawan Jamison, Paul Pierce

West:

G: Steve Nash, Chris Paul

WC: Baron Davis, Brandon Roy

You know I get sick of reading about how Joe Johnson should get some help in atlanta. Fuck that fucking fucker. Someone needs to get Josh Smith some goddamn help quickly. Triple double tonight with 3 steals and 5 blocks to boot. That is becoming the norm for him. He bust his ass night in and night out and a half retarded coach and a fucking whiney prima donna shooting guard keep sucking ass and costing the team games.

FUCK Joe Johnson.

According to an article in this week's SI, Smith won't be back if Atlanta retains its coach, and either way, due to perceived attitude problems, he isn't likely to get more than the $9 million a year the Hawks offered him in an extension earlier this season.

Which is why you don't pay attention to a goddamned thing you read on a shitty site like SI.

Josh Smiths "attitude" problems have all been reported by ONE reporter and each year the stories get refuted by everyone.

he did curse out mike woodson before and get suspeneded. So did Zaza pachulia. And Anthony Johnson. And Salim Stoudimire. And Marvin Williams(not suspended though). And Sheldon Williams (didn't get suspeded...he just got like 10 DNP CD in a row).

But if you believe that a guy that by the end of the year will be averaging 19 points, close to 4 blocks, 2 steals, 4 assist, and 8 rebounds while playing out of position isn't going to get more than 9 mill per, I don't know what to tell ya.

Philly will offer him the Max if no one else does/can.

Its funny I am seeing so many Dirk's and so few Josh Howards. i would take him as a allstar of that team instead of Dirk honestly.

Its funny I am seeing so many Dirk's and so few Josh Howards. i would take him as a allstar of that team instead of Dirk honestly.

Dirk is the franchise player of the team, Howard is viewed as a supporting cast around Dirk.

Dirk is the franchise player of the team, Howard is viewed as a supporting cast around Dirk.

View be damned. Nowitzki is the second-best player on the Mavericks.

As far as All-Star Reserves, to the best of my knowledge, coaches aren't required to select reserves by position, so:

Eastern Conference:

Caron Butler, Wizards

Chris Bosh, Raptors

Josh Smith, Hawks

Gerald Wallace, Bobcats

Hedo Turkoglu, Magic

Antawn Jamison, Wizards

Rasheed Wallace, Pistons

Western Conference:

Steve Nash, Suns

Marcus Camby, Nuggets (arguably the only player on the Nuggets that actually deserves to go.

Chris Paul, Hornets

Brandon Roy, Trailblazers

Josh Howard, Mavericks

Baron Davis, Warriors

Chris Kaman, Clippers

FUCK Joe Johnson.

Which is why you don't pay attention to a goddamned thing you read on a shitty site like SI.

Josh Smiths "attitude" problems have all been reported by ONE reporter and each year the stories get refuted by everyone.

he did curse out mike woodson before and get suspeneded. So did Zaza pachulia. And Anthony Johnson. And Salim Stoudimire. And Marvin Williams(not suspended though). And Sheldon Williams (didn't get suspeded...he just got like 10 DNP CD in a row).

But if you believe that a guy that by the end of the year will be averaging 19 points, close to 4 blocks, 2 steals, 4 assist, and 8 rebounds while playing out of position isn't going to get more than 9 mill per, I don't know what to tell ya.

Philly will offer him the Max if no one else does/can.

It was in the magazine, actually, but I was just reporting it. I know nothing about the Hawks, so whatever yous ay is likely correct.

Marcus Camby, Nuggets (arguably the only player on the Nuggets that actually deserves to go.

How does Iverson not deserve to go? He's been busting his ass, playing 40+ minutes, shooting, passing and doing whatever George Karl has asked of him. Dude's been carrying that team.

East Reserves:

Chirs Bosh, Raptors

Andre Iguodala, 76'ers

Caron Butler, Wizards

Antawn Jamison, Wizards

Josh Smith, Hawks

Jose Calderon, Raptors

Chauncey Billups, Pistons

West Reserves:

Amare Staudamire, Suns

Tyson Chandler, Hornets

Dirk Nowitzki, Mavericks

Brandon Roy, Trail Blazers

Chris Paul, Hornets

Steve Nash, Suns

Baron Davis, Warriors

Also:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog...oy_wi.html#more

Combined with his blog on NBA.com. how can anyone NOT like Gilbert Arenas?

He probably has the title to the most overrated IMO. He's not better than Dirk.

And Carmelo is putting up better numbers than Howard and gets called overrated.

How does Iverson not deserve to go? He's been busting his ass, playing 40+ minutes, shooting, passing and doing whatever George Karl has asked of him. Dude's been carrying that team.

1. Okay, perhaps doesn't deserve to go is a little strong, but he certainly doesn't deserve to start over the likes of Paul and Nash.

2. You'd be amazed by how easy it is to not like Gilbert Arenas.

And alf, how did they let you down when you called the loss? ;)