TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

College Hoops: February '08

Even if you consider Tennessee overrated, it's still remarkable what Bruce Pearl has done there in just a couple of seasons. I remember when he got hired the talking heads were saying it was impossible to win there because it was a football school first and a women's college BB school next. Anytime the old guard is proven wrong it makes me happy.

You know, as much shit as Kentucky gets here, they're only one game back in the SEC East and have played themselves at least in the conversation for a Tourney bid. They've got a few tough games coming up though (including the SEC Tournament), and had some BAD losses early in the year so we'll see.

In unrelated news, Michigan handed Northwestern its first Big Ten win last night. Still got a long ways to go... :(

UK is wildly compelling. They are utterly horrible, everyone KNOWS this for a fact, yet they keep scraping by and winning these ugly SEC games against lousy teams. And occasionally spring an upset over TN and Vandy. UK has exactly 3 ballplayers on that team (Crawford, Bradley, Patterson) and everyone else is awful. Jodie Meeks could be a decent player but he's been hurt all year.

Losing to UK is why I am not exactly in fear of Tennessee come March. UK didn't really do anything all that flukish to win....just play adequate and control Lofton and you've got a chance.

U of L got a nice win over Notre Dame tonight, but I dunno, it was just shaky as hell. It should have been a 20 point blowout, but U of L sucks ass at the FT line (almost as bad as Memphis). Harangody is absolutely The Man, good grief. Anyway, just beat Nova on Senior Day and then worry about the epic Georgetown finale that should decide the Big East.

Yeah that was some performance by Harangody.

I said it about 2 pages ago and I will say it again, I think the difference between the last 6 at-large teams in at the last 4-6 out will be very minimal. Which I think will be beneficial to the big conference schools.