TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2008

Well, it's buffering for me, finally. That's something.

Does anyone know if the show will be available for viewing on the site later on? I'm about to leave, and I would like to see the ceremony in its entirety rather than just the last hour I'm recording from the TV broadcast.

I don't think in previous years WWE.com provided that option. They show it once, then you can get it with Mania XXIV later.

No, but the story of Rock having to go on first due to his schedule, thus delaying the untelevised portion of the show makes sense. Let's just patiently wait it out. The graphic now says "Coming Soon".

With the 24/7 logo!

I see they have their big... I don't know what to call it, but the overhead curved screen they added to top of the HD set. Should make for some good TV viewing at 11 (hey, Marv's stuck in the Gulag).

Wonder if Gene is hosting or if he's going to throw it over to Grisham again...

Very sweet shout-out to Heenan. This is actually the first I've seen of Jack (and Jerry as a tag team) in action. They look pretty badass. Were they as good a team as they were as singles wrestlers?

Very sweet shout-out to Heenan. This is actually the first I've seen of Jack (and Jerry as a tag team) in action. They look pretty badass. Were they as good a team as they were as singles wrestlers?

Jack was NWA champion so that's a high standard. Jerry was definately better in the tag team. They had a great feud against Rick Steamboat and Jay Youngblood in 1983. They then had a short WWE run, with the highlight being a great match against Murdoch/Adonis in MSG in Dec. 1984.

I never understood why guys like Meltzer question the Legitimatcy or importance of the WWF/E Hall of Fame.

You can tell every year that this is one of the happiest moments of these folks lives. Bret Hart, Tony Atlas, Dusty Rhodes, etc.

I never understood why guys like Meltzer question the Legitimatcy or importance of the WWF/E Hall of Fame.

You can tell every year that this is one of the happiest moments of these folks lives. Bret Hart, Tony Atlas, Dusty Rhodes, etc.

Because there are guys like Paul Orndorff who, immediately after getting inducted, call the Hall of Fame a total joke and say they only did it for a payday.

Because unlike every other hall of fame this one is just picked by Vince and co. and not voted on by peers...

And because some of the people in the hall of fame are an absolute joke.

Because it's the WWE Hall of Fame, not the Dave Meltzer hall of fame.

Or because a limo driver and Pete Rose are it, while Bruno Sammartino and Bob Backlund aren't.

Over the past few years, the WWE HoF has become more industry wide rather than WWE orientated, which makes it seem more credible. While criticism has died down over the years, and rightfully so, it's still a HoF that counts a limo driver and Pete Rose as members, when people who have made far greater contributions to the company still aren't invited.