TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bobobrazil1984

Making a website

What are good cheap reliable options?

The only I really know of godaddy.com and only because of the commercials.

Basically I want

a) Domain name

b) Webspace, a fairly significant amount, but it doesn't have to be in the 100s of gigabytes or anything.

c) reliability - isn't gonna be server failing often

d) Easy to update/upload pages and files and whatnot. In fact, easy FTP access might be the best idea.

Any suggestions?

Yahoo small business is cheap for what you get in my opinion, and the server is never down. I run my parents' lodging business through Yahoo. You get a domain name, e-mail addresses at that domain, unlimited space (last time I checked, that might not be available anymore), and it is incredibly easy to update and upload files. I am pretty familiar with HTML and use that to make any updates, but they have several site building options to choose from.

Guest JuanJoseNYC

ProfuseHost.Net might be an option to consider as well, you can start with 2GB of web space for free (advertisements included) or just select the no ad option for a nominal monthly fee. 2 GB is enough space to store an online baseball league, wrestling images, and more than enough space if you plan on developing a program through Visual Studio 2008 for later upload to your site. FTP access, e-mail addresses, and PHP/CGI included.