TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dandy

Lockdown (4/13/2008)

Why does he keep breaking them up? It's a fucking cage match.

I don't mind the rope thing, but the whole "in the corner, clean break by the 5 count." thing made no sense for a cage match.

I have no clue why so many of you are having problems with the stream. I'm using the exact same one and I'm not having any of the problems mentioned.

Anyway, how long do TNA PPVs usually go? Right at 11? I haven't watched one all the way through in a while.

Usually they end at 10-15 till, like WWE PPVs, but this one will likely go the distance, till 7:55 I'm guessing.

That was nice!....DOUBLE DOWN!!!!!!? Will someone inform the Ref that there's a freaking cage around the ring. Please.

This is a freaking awesome match.

As for the Ref hitting the mat, it's a symbol that the wrestler has to top out for the move to be taken off. I do it all the time, it helps add to the match.

That was the best match of the year so far. The build up to the ending was amazing!

Had the match ended with the rear naked choke instead of what we got, I wouldn't have complained one bit. I loved that entire little sequence.

Great match, the right guy won, and apparently Vince Russo took the night off. :P

I like what they did incorporating the "MMA" elements...which in practice are just a more snug and believable way of working the opening of most long matches anyway...

It got to the point there where you could feel how exhausting that must have been.

Joe's finally the TNA World Champion...and you can't really get put over much cleaner or better than beating the Gold Medalist in the realistic match style that they built too.

As much as don't like Joe, and as annoyed as I was about the finish being telegraphed, that was still an INCREDIBLE, INCREDIBLE match. Probably the best match I've seen in 5 years. Tremendous main event.

As much as don't like Joe, and as annoyed as I was about the finish being telegraphed, that was still an INCREDIBLE, INCREDIBLE match. Probably the best match I've seen in 5 years. Tremendous main event.

I think some people are overreacting since Joe won. I liked the match and all, but it wasn't even the best match of the night, much less the best this year, or in the last 5 years.

I gotta give them all the credit in the world for doing what they did in there and making it work. With the success of MMA, it's likely that wrestling should be influenced by it (hell...WrestleMania ended with an MMA submission move) but it takes balls to go out and do something that US ppv audiences aren't accostum to.

It certainly fealt like a great payoff of the build that they had gone through.

I am impressed...and as a fan...happy that Joe finally won.

I think some people are overreacting since Joe won. I liked the match and all, but it wasn't even the best match of the night, much less the best this year, or in the last 5 years.

Exactly.

I like how the "Joe's gonna kill you" chants really picked up when the Crippler Crossface was locked in.

To summarize my stance on the main event: The right guy won. In an MMA match...by pinfall....after several rope breaks. The gimmick was pointless, it ruined the match (the total lack of selling once momentum shifted was nothing short of hilarious), but the finish was acceptable.

Well, there was a patch where I wasn't watching wrestling at all. I certainly don't claim to have seen every match worth seeing over that time period. Just saying it's the best match I personally have seen since '03. ****1/2 on my 5-star scale.

I liked the match and all, but it wasn't even the best match of the night, much less the best this year, or in the last 5 years.

In terms of actual quality, you're right. However, once you add in the history of the two guys, the build to the match, everything leading up to the match tonight, the way they put the entire thing over...well, adding everything together it is indeed quite hard to beat it as a total package. Or at least anything too recent that is.

The important thing isn't the fact Joe won the title. It's the reign he has. It took TNA 3 years to do this, this isn't a coronation. This is an long overdue correction to a string of failures.