TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Madden, NFL Head Coach, and NCAA Football 2009

I just wanted to take a second to remind everyone, that this thread is brought to you be EA.....EA it's in the game!

I'm done for the night. I got the game shortly after 7 P.M. It's now 2:05 A.M. I just finished my 4th and final preseason game (6th overall, not counting the 2 unfinished online games) 5 minutes ago. I went with the default preseason depth charts and played Rodgers in the first half of each game, Brohm in the 3rd quarter, and then I subbed in Matt Flynn for the 4th.

As an aside, Brett Favre will miss the Jets' first 5 games with a dislocated elbow.

I'll have to give it more time, but so far this game seems to be better than both Madden 08 (best Madden ever till now) and NCAA 09. Great game. And I haven't even touched on anything outside of 2 exhibition and 4 preseason franchise games! Tomorrow, the regular season- and Head Coach, which I haven't even popped in yet- awaits.

Its a shame they don't release Head Coach over here in the UK - think I might be forced to import it in for the PS3 if its any good. Used to 'buy' the PC versions 'from the net' if you know what I mean.

I got it for Wii, it's been fun so far but I'm trying to get used to all of the differences in this version vs. the PS2 versions.

I noticed that Giants WR Steve Smith had the picture of Panthers WR Steve Smith, but after the roster update, they fixed it and Giants Smith now has a digitally animated headshot.

I got it for Wii, it's been fun so far but I'm trying to get used to all of the differences in this version vs. the PS2 versions.

I noticed that Giants WR Steve Smith had the picture of Panthers WR Steve Smith, but after the roster update, they fixed it and Giants Smith now has a digitally animated headshot.

Doesn't that happen every year? haha seems really familiar.

SERIOUSLY, anyone figure out the 40 yard dash shit yet? My god this is hard.

You have to find a rhythm to it and make sure the other stick isn't moving when you move one.

I uploaded some Brady Bombs to EA Sports World if anyone wants to take a look: To Moss, To Welker

Guest Vitamin X

So it's not about flicking them as fast as possible?

I was able to get it down all the way to 4.7 yesterday, which was impressive, but it seems like my typical 40 is a 5.33. Shitty.

With me it's kind of timing the "click, click" of the sticks at a steady pace. I've gotten around a 4.5-4.7.

Friendly bit of advice for everyone: Until you get better at the game, turn off the "Clutch Games" setting. I should NOT be getting torched by the fucking Dolphins' passing attack.

With me it's kind of timing the "click, click" of the sticks at a steady pace. I've gotten around a 4.5-4.7.

Friendly bit of advice for everyone: Until you get better at the game, turn off the "Clutch Games" setting. I should NOT be getting torched by the fucking Dolphins' passing attack.

Is that comeback AI? I haven't lost, even with my custom difficulty set to All-Madden in 3 of 4 categories, but the opposition always seems to drive down the field and score in the 4th, even if they'd been shut out and shut down up until that point.

It's supposed to make your Rivalry games and playoff games harder. What it actually does is makes your defensive line and secondary completely useless and lets opposing DBs magnetically attract your passes.

Vitamin X and I had an epic game earlier. It was Packers vs. Packers in the snow. We had good drives that often resulted in turnovers, and I won on a field goal as time expired, 6-3. Epic.

I'm chilling at home most of the day and night tomorrow, so if anyone wants to play some games to prep for the season, let me know.

Cool, Madden arrived today a day early. I'm up for some games!

Awesome! I was going to challenge you last night, but then I remembered that you said on GameFAQs that your copy wouldn't arrive until Friday.

Guest Vitamin X
Vitamin X and I had an epic game earlier. It was Packers vs. Packers in the snow. We had good drives that often resulted in turnovers, and I won on a field goal as time expired, 6-3. Epic.

I'm chilling at home most of the day and night tomorrow, so if anyone wants to play some games to prep for the season, let me know.

Yeah, that shit was awesome. It was almost like that Steelers game last year, I think against the Dolphins. Just totally sloppy play, interceptions left and right, horrible fumbles. I got as close as about 6 yards from the goal line, I think, and I just couldn't convert so I went for the field goal. Crazy game.

Also, thanks to KingPK. I was able to get my time down to 4.6 yesterday! A little trick I've discovered is to actually hold the controller upside down and flick up (since Madden is looking for you to pull back on the stick, not forward). I got "in the zone" for a bit on that minigame, so hopefully I can get it down much further.

Oh, and if Chris is available, I'll play him, although I don't think I have him on my friends list. Add me, Brownie. TsunamiWveChain.

I picked up the CE for PS3, since I got a 10 buck discount on it at work. I'm about to play it in a bit, I'll check back in later for my initial thoughts. Damn I need an HDTV. Later.

Lost a heartbreaker to Pittsburgh in OT.

Was down 21-35..came back to score to make it 28-35.

Got the onside kick, later scored to make it 35-35.

Get a stop on D in OT...march down the field and hit Andre in the middle of the field..he stops, turns.. get's blasted and coughs up the ball.

Pitt marches down and from the left hash, goes for a FG.

Its up..off the left bar and in.

How many games have you guys played in your Madden franchises? I'm still undefeated, online and off, and I've finished 7 games of my first regular season. I also played all 4 preseason games. In contrast, in Madden 08, I didn't finish a season until a couple months after I bought the game.

Also, why is it that I can beat the Cowboys 35-7 and the Colts 21-3, but I barely scraped by the Lions 29-26 in overtime, and nipped the Falcons 11-10?

That's because it's on the Wii. I like the system, but graphics are not its strong suit.

Oh, and I'm 8-0 now after a 42-0 thrashing of the Titans. 3 of my 4 bars on My Skill are All-Madden now.

I restarted my Pats franchise because I started it before getting the roster update and am 2-0 with easy wins over KC and the Jets (including a Pick 6 of Favre).

Is it just me, or did the interceptor never re-adjust his grip on the ball and end up palming it the entire time he was running?

I'm 1-1 in Franchise mode...should be 2-0 but the game frooze on me so I had to re-play a game and lost in the 4th.....needless to say I'm pist off about that. I've tried playing the 3rd game but I've been getting frustrated with how the Raiders seem to miss obvious blocks and the other team just runs right by my teammates or how my teammates seem to run to the opposing team's QB to try and get a sack but all of sudden runs in the other direction or doesn't even try to sack the QB. Annoys me to all hell.

Guest Vitamin X

You could be the 49ers, who would at least have an outside shot at making the playoffs.

.........I can't tell if that's ment a smartass remark or if you actually mean that.

I'm sorry. I just hate the Raider Nation. Around here, we have a lot of people with Raiders logos on their back windshields, painted on curbs near their homes... even fucking tattooed on their bodies. Invariably, all these people are dumb as fuck and really ghetto and/or trashy. I know you're not, Toby, but Raiders fans in my area piss me off. Also, the all-Raiders store in the mall.

In other news, I played Head Coach for the first time last night. I hated the tasks that I had to do before week 1 of the preseason, but the actual preseason game was really fun. The games take a long time, though. About an hour. I should changed the quarter length from 15 minutes (default) to 12 or so.