TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

2008 Stanley Cup playoffs - first round

And Washington fans show their class. First they cheer multiply times when Flyers went down with injuries, and now they throw bottles at Flyers players. Carter just got nailed with one during his post game interview. He handled himself well.

Wish I could say the same for those assholes in the crowd.

And people still insist on talking shit on Philly fans and ignoring it everywhere else.

And everyone at ESPN will now go back to ignoring the NHL, as per usual.

Crosby's still alive, and so are the Rangers, so they might still pay it a little attention.

Yeah, but it seems like Ovechkin is their "Lebron Analogue" for the NHL. It pisses me off, because that's all they are doing; looking for a superstar to rally around so they can act like they really pay attention. While hockey can definitely have dominant stars, this isn't the fucking NBA where "Kobe vs. Lebron!" is the immediate indicator to who will win (The exception being the Spurs and the Pistons when they feel like it), as is apparent with the Capitals/Flyers series.

But Crosby and New York are still in the playoffs, and guaranteed to go to the next round.

But Crosby and New York are still in the playoffs, and guaranteed to go to the next round.

Wow, that's a fantastic observation!

This is bad, since it's probably an easier match-up for Montreal. It would have been fun to see Ovechkin vs. Crosby, but I think I would have gotten sick of it after a game or 2.

This is bad, since it's probably an easier match-up for Montreal. It would have been fun to see Ovechkin vs. Crosby, but I think I would have gotten sick of it after a game or 2.

The hype machine would be on overkill.

Wow, that's a fantastic observation!

I think I was on Hockey-Reference before I posted it.

Oh, and I don't think it's mentioned, but fuck the NHL for threatening to fine Al Sobokta if he swings an Octopus around. Apparently Nashville's front-office complained, and they've decided to clap down on it, which is fucking stupid.

I couldn't believe that when I heard about it. They mentioned that it may incite the fans (which is sorely needed in Detroit). No fucking shit. Nothing was wrong with it the previous seventeen years so it's an absolute crock.

Please San Jose don't choke. Also, I can't imagine how pissed off Kiprusoff must be at getting pulled for the second time in this series.

Ask and ye shall receive. Wow.

Bang on. I would have loved to see Sid vs Ovechkin, at least for a little bit - not, however, at the expense of a Habs-Rangers series; I want no part of that, especially with a 4-0 record against the Flyers this year.

calgary was awful.

montreal should dispose the flyers easily.

roenick was the best player for the sharks. he was everywhere. thorton was insivible. even when he scored.

calgary was awful.

montreal should dispose the flyers easily.

roenick was the best player for the sharks. he was everywhere. thorton was insivible. even when he scored.

As much as I dislike Roenick, I gotta give him credit - he was freakin' clutch.

Guest blame that goot.

Hmmmmm. Kane or Toews. Can we give it to Kanetoews? Fuck Backstrom. Artificially inflated by the presence of Ovechkin. It's down to the two Hawks.

Flyers were 4-0 against Buffalo in the regular season in 2001, and lost in the playoffs to them in 6. Hope that history repeats itself as the Flyers go past the Canadiens.

I like how those faggot Capital fans just stood there after the guy threw the bottle at Carter. As was said before, if that happened in Philly, it would have been all over the news.