TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Ghost of bps21

Sting's next (last?) run

Sting has done 2 year long stints in TNA (not counting his token appearances in the early days) and they were both kind of similar in that he spent all of year 1 feuding with Jarrett...and most of year 2 feuding with Abyss.

I've had my fill of Sting/Jarrett and Sting/Abyss...and I'm happy with what I got in the Sting/Angle match at BFG...

What would be a good run for Sting this time?

He's never really had a match with Christian that was worth anything...but their both faces now.

You've got upper guys that he can have fresh stuff with like Styles, Rhino, Booker, Tomko...and of course Joe.

I'd like to see them push a Sting/Styles match for a ppv while Styes is still heel.

But really, I guess I don't care what they do with him month to month so much as I want to see him tap to Joe before he calls it a career.

So...any thoughts on what direction they should take Sting in between now and...say...Bound For Glory in October?

(In a perfect world I have joe win the title this weekend and hold it all the way through October and main event that show with Sting/Joe...with Sting tapping...but that's a lot to ask with 6 months to go)

But it would be an awesome end to his career, putting someone over.

In all honesty, I would have loved to see a fued between him and Raven. The matches may not have been great, but with their mic skills it would have been something special.

To be honest, no one in particular.

I'd love to see him in some sort of mentor angle with a younger face. Having him motivate someone, say Kaz or Eric Young, into being taken more seriously and actually winning a title would be the best way to use him. That way you can use him in more tag matches and not have his conditioning exposed.

But it would be an awesome end to his career, putting someone over.

In all honesty, I would have loved to see a fued between him and Raven. The matches may not have been great, but with their mic skills it would have been something special.

That would have been fucking amazing, especially at their peaks.

Fuck it. I'm gonna say it and I know it's been said before: I want a match with Sting vs HBK. I really think that would be something awesome. Seriously. I don't prefer WWE to TNA or TNA to WWE either way, but I really hope this match gets to happen one day soon.

WWE should propose the movie/wrestling contract to him. Sting's always been interested in movies and I'm sure a 4 shows a month, plus 1 PPV, deal - plus movie developments has to be appealing to even someone at his stage in a career.

I know I know. This is a TNA thread. Sorry, I got sidetracked imagining how amazing those matches could be... :(

I'd like to see him do what he's done the previous years, work a few good singles matches with a younger guy and have a big main even match at BFG. I'd love to see him put over Joe at the end of his career, but there is no way he needs to tap. I think Sting is still pretty damn good in the ring for a guy that was out for years and only worked one or two matches a year, and has worked a basically part-time schedule since returning.

I was impressed with how much he brought to the table at BFG against Angle. He was busting ass in that match...and realistically all he has to do is hit his spots and work the crowd and they'll be happy. Angle always works hard (he's kindof a psycho) but Sting made that match keeping up step for step and having a different match than I expected. I'm a big Sting mark...

I want to see Sting and AJ have a program now that I've thought about it. Sting always imo has decent matches that hold my attention, and when he's pushed I think he can have great matches like the Angle match. I think Sting and AJ could bring out the best in each other.

I'd say once Joe takes the title, you have to build to the big Sting/Joe match at BFG where Sting plays up his little BFG "streak" and it is Joe versus Sting's yearly one month reign. He won't win, shake the hand of the better man and retire.

From Gerweck.net

- The 4/5 iMPACT! replay did a 0.6 rating.

- The rumored main event for Bound for Glory is Samoa Joe vs Sting.

- Don West's new insane deal is now available at ShopTNA.com. For only $99 you get 16 TNA DVDs.

- A portion of the money made at ShopTNA.com in April will go to help the fight against Autism.

- TNAwrestling.com has added brand new Knockouts photos of Karen Angle.

Looks like they are building towards the match that we want to see.

That's actually nice to hear. Obviously anything can and does happen...but they've been pretty good about putting the match they want in that BFG spot.

2005 they wanted JJ vs. Nash...but Nash got hurt and it actually turned out to be a pretty sweet deal with Rhino...

2006 they built for JJ vs. Sting for a year...

2007 Sting/Angle was the obvious choice...and even though the bulidup sucked...they did have that match.

I think it's the obvious choice...and you have to figure they do to since they seem to be putting the ball in Joe's hands and they're going to use Sting in that top role at their big show for as long as they have him. Hell...even if Joe isn't champion at the time I still want to see them do Sting/Joe. It's exactly what I think Sting should be doing.

The only thing I question is will Joe or Sting be a heel, or is this going to be a respect match? I kind of like the idea that at their "Wrestlemania," their main event would be a respect match for the world title. I just hope they don't decide to pull a Joe trying to retire Sting storyline.

They would have to do it as a respect match...unless Joe was a heel for some reason going in. I like the idea of playing up that Sting is 2-0 with 2 World titles at the show... I would have Joe win Sunday (which I think that he is) and then defend against Steiner at Sacrifice (which...is what would happen) and then mix in guys like Tomko or Styles (Styles/Joe for the TNA title? Yes please) to fill out the time (and Slammiversary has the KOTM anyway) and just have Sting come out and do a deal where he says "you haven't proven anything until you beat me" and then end the match with a handshake and Sting raising his hand. Easy. Happy. And Sting can do whatever he wants after that without losing any face at all.

I know it's really early, but after that feud, who does Joe go on against next? Does Angle get back into the picture? Booker? Christian? I would kind of like to see Joe vs. James Storm for the title. It would certainly be something new, and I think it can work.

Sting vs. Joe should be a respect match, but they could always do the career vs. title match stipulation as usual. Didn't Sting do that back to back with his BFG matches against Jarrett and Angle?

I think what they'll be going for with Joe's title reign (assuming he's winning Sunday...which I am) is that they have more than one main event picture going on. What I mean is...Angle and Sting and to a lesser extent Christian...guys like that don't need the title to tell people that their programs are important. Joe needs it to lend him the credability of being a real "Main event" guy...and not just the guy they sometimes put in the main event. Therefore...they could really have Joe wrestle anyone for the title and it's a part of a package of things that are why you should watch. It's what WWE should be doing with RAW. If Orton retains at Baclash...what was the point of putting HHH and Cena in there? There's 2 Main Event guys who don't need to be around the belt (Orton does) and you could have 3 legit interesting programs going on. That's what I'd like to see TNA do. Have Joe defending the title, Put Angle with Styles, Christian with Tomko, and let Sting do whatever it is Sting does. That's 4 things that I would be into seeing in the next 6 months without even getting into LAX and the tag division, The awesome Knockouts division, The X division, or even Booker T, or Abyss when he returns

The roster is incredibly deep.

Sting vs. Joe should be a respect match, but they could always do the career vs. title match stipulation as usual. Didn't Sting do that back to back with his BFG matches against Jarrett and Angle?

Just Jarrett.

With Angle they had their 2 biggest names feuding because Angle attacked Sting's son...and Sting appeared to have slapped Angle's wife. I wish someone could explain to them how that's the OPPOSITE of how to build that match...

They would have to do it as a respect match...unless Joe was a heel for some reason going in. I like the idea of playing up that Sting is 2-0 with 2 World titles at the show... I would have Joe win Sunday (which I think that he is) and then defend against Steiner at Sacrifice (which...is what would happen) and then mix in guys like Tomko or Styles (Styles/Joe for the TNA title? Yes please) to fill out the time (and Slammiversary has the KOTM anyway) and just have Sting come out and do a deal where he says "you haven't proven anything until you beat me" and then end the match with a handshake and Sting raising his hand. Easy. Happy. And Sting can do whatever he wants after that without losing any face at all.

It's so easy when it is planned out like that - I sometimes wonder how bookers don't just to the simple things sometimes?

But Joe can have his one on one match with Stiener next month - Angle / Styles needs to happen as does Christian / Tomko - so they are tied up for the next 2 months in my eyes. The following month he can face a Roode or a Storm. Robert Roode I think needs to go over Booker T to really solidufy him as a bonafide upper mid carder. How about a returning heel Aby7ss (or what ever he will be called now) going after the title?