TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

The Master of Side Dishes Tournament

It's a main dish at every single Italian restaurant I've ever been to in my entire life. It's also my wife's favourite dish, and I've never seen her order it on the side of anything. Just gnocchi and sauce.

It's like saying spaghetti is "just noodles."

I just lived in Italy for the past five months, there it is only a side dish. It's called Primi Pattati (my spelling may be off) and it's just served before your meal, which is usually a meat. This true for all pasta. The moral of the story is that gnocchi is a side dish. And the Ramen of that country, its like 75 cents for a giant bag of it.

70% Cheese 30% Broccoli, you'd come to the darkside too.

70% cheese and 30% shit means you're still getting a mouthful of shit.

This.

Interestingly, I don't like cauliflower on it's own, but cheese/cauliflower isn't too bad.

Guest Vitamin X
It's a main dish at every single Italian restaurant I've ever been to in my entire life. It's also my wife's favourite dish, and I've never seen her order it on the side of anything. Just gnocchi and sauce.

It's like saying spaghetti is "just noodles."

I just lived in Italy for the past five months, there it is only a side dish. It's called Primi Pattati (my spelling may be off) and it's just served before your meal, which is usually a meat. This true for all pasta. The moral of the story is that gnocchi is a side dish. And the Ramen of that country, its like 75 cents for a giant bag of it.

where in Italy is that? That sounds like more of a Northern Italian than a Sicilian/Southern Italy custom.

And spaghetti is not particularly expensive here either, when you think about it.

Firenze (Florence) so fairly far north. If you ask the northern Italians, Southern Intaly is not really Italy anyway. They want to drop Naples and everything below it.

I've heard that. When planning my European vacation, I've been told northern Italy and Spain are the places to go. There and Amsterdam... but not for the weed, for the hookers.